4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, would recommend
Published 16 months ago by Tina Gillham

3.0 out of 5 stars On it's own, quite a good read but...
Published 9 months ago by M. Hodgetts

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars On it's own, quite a good read but..., 24 Dec 2013
M. Hodgetts (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
...it's a serial. I felt like the book was coming to a climax and looked forward to finding out what the strange cult was about and why Henry's family had been targeted but no. It turns out it's a Kindle Serial what ever that is and will probably go on and on like an American drama series until the ratings die off and there is a final, clumsy and hastily contrived ending.

I did enjoy the book but it's so hard to find a single book these days that has a beginning, a middle and and end all in the same 'cover'. I lose patience when I've been cheated out of an ending and I shan't be continuing this series.

As far as the book itself is concerned though, I liked the scenario of daemons, angels, heaven, hell and purgatory and even though I'm not remotely religious it entertained me and engrossed me but I can't get away from the fact that I may have to read many like it before I am finally enlightened and I can't be doing with that.

Someone, somewhere, please write a book that ends.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a disappointment, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
I was lured by the cheap price and the expectance of a story of love, vengeance and violence, but was in for huge disappointment.
I found both the story and the characters a bit sloppy. I finished it because it's not too long a read and I don't like leaving books unfinished.
The idea in itself is not bad - although not the most original, does The Crow (comic and film) ring a bell? - but it's not well-developed enough and, sorry to say, the novel is not well-written either.
My apologies for being so belittling.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that Good, 24 Mar 2014
Mrs. Hilary Hilton "Hilary" (Winchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
It was slightly disappointing but would have held my interest more if it hadn't dragged on. Reminded me slightly of The Lovely Bones which was much better. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very light reading if you don't want to think too hard., 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
I found this book quite entertaining and was quite a 'light' read to fill in the time but it will be good to know when the next book is due for release as this appears to be the first instalment judging from the way it ended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, would recommend, 11 May 2013
Tina Gillham "magic112" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
These are my fave authors at the moment, and this book is a good one, I would recommend it unreservedly, but it is not my favourite. My only reservation is that it is more than a little bit miserable, don't read it if you are feeling blue because there isn't much to laugh at. That said the story is good and I will be buying the follow up because I need to know how Henry and his family end up.
For another great book do try their 'Yesterday's gone' books they are excellent, and have a bit of dark humour in them too

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb story, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
The latest story from Collective Inkwell is a must read for anyone who has sampled Sean & David's previous works.

This is the tale of Henry Black who returns as a demon to serve justice on the gang that murdered him & his daughter as well as raping his wife.

Written in typical Platt/Wright style the characters are in-depth and the story goes along at just the right pace to keep the reader engaged from page 1 till the very end.

One slight moan (which is nothing to do with the author's or the book itself) is that Amazon.com serialised this book fortnightly whilst us less fortunate UK customers had to wait over two months before we get to lay our hands on it and as much as I enjoyed reading the whole thing in one go each episode had the trademark OMG ending that I feel the UK missed out on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, terrible end (albeit cos this is a serial), 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
I really liked the story and the read, found it entertaining and enjoyable.

Sadly, this was spoiled for me by the ending, which wasn't an ending at all.

I know the book is part of a serial, but still, I felt cheated when it ended with no resolution at all. I was quite annoyed actually!

So worth a read but beware the less than satisfying end.

2.0 out of 5 stars great - but annoying ending, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
Really liked it but the ending has just really pee'd me off. Irritating. Otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very easy read on a commute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steady page turner, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
A good supernatural tale with a few twists and turns. Recommended as a demon/good/bad /angel novel, with a dash of purgatory thrown in. Written in an easily readable style as well which always helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars monstrously brilliant!, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
This book had mixed reviews,but the story sounded so good I thought i'd ignore them and give it a try for myself and I thoroughly enjoyed it.I read it in two days and found it fast paced and exciting.However I was gutted when it ended and realised the story is to be continued,but what is even more gutting is that the book isn't available yet.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›