This was something that I discovered due to an Amazon recommendations email. After having a quick listen to some of the samples I decided to download this and I am glad that I did. New West Records are an American record label that deal with alternative country and indie rock, thus there is a selection of more than one style on this compilation. Of course we all have differing tastes but whilst this is still free then I would urge you to download this, you may find some new artistes that you want to hear more of.

There are three tracks that I really love on here, my favourite being Corb Lund's 'Gettin' Down On The Mountain', and so I have come across a few artistes that I will now be checking out their albums.
on 29 December 2012
after reading a review decided to download these tracks added that they were free, helped the decision. a couple of tracks I was not keen on but some new artists that I have not heard of before and was impressed with several of the tracks.

worth listening to
on 30 November 2012
A good intro to this music, with references to folk, blues, country/rock. Some of the artistes are well established, such as Earle, Flatlanders and Hiatt.
On the whole it is a very good compilation and that is why i scored 4 stars
on 27 December 2012
Some of the items on this sampler are not quite what I call music, but if we ll had the same tastes, the world would be a dull place. Works fine but the content is a little odd to say the least.
on 26 December 2012
This album should carry a warning sticker, yes it was free but how much will you spend buying into the new artists your going to love after only a few listens, eh....
on 11 December 2012
It was unadulterated rubbish,downloaded it, played some, deleted it...
Only tried it cause'it was free,it really did'nt do anything for me...
on 8 December 2012
I often download these free samples and am not usually disappointed. It's a way to listen to some music that you wouldn't normally take a chance on.
on 12 December 2012
I thought this might not be that good but thought I would give it a try as it was free and can recommend it to anyone who likes this type of music.
on 3 December 2012
A good wide variety of songs here many of which are instantly likeable. Have been using it on a regular basis since I downloaded it for free
on 27 November 2012
Pitching the Hits

Some good music with one or two obscure artists, well worth a listen considering there is no cost involved.