5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect Introduction To SQL
Published 16 months ago by Joseph Scott

1.0 out of 5 stars Frozen
I've logged onto 4 separate devises and the ebook has frozen about 20% of the way through. I simply cannot get it to pass any further along. Such a shame otherwise a great book.
Published 1 month ago by Natalie

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect Introduction To SQL, 12 Mar 2013
Joseph Scott "JJ" (Wakefield, UK) - See all my reviews
I wasn't exactly a newcomer to SQL but I'd picked up bits and pieces from using a company business intelligence program running on Microsoft SQL. This book primarily teaches "SELECT" techniques and touches on more advanced topics in the later chapters. As such it is perfect for people like myself who don't want to learn how to become a database designer but more of an analyst. The book itself is not very long at 22 chapters of about 4-6 pages each. It does get a little vague about certain concepts such as chapter 21 on cursors which I felt was inadequately covered. 10 minute lessons from this book have vastly improved my understanding of SQL. I can thoroughly recommend this to any newcomer to the language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Practical Book, 13 Mar 2013
Bozza (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This is a really excellent book. It has been really easy to get myself set up with MySQL, load up the learning database with the scripts provided online, and to carry out little 10 minute learning activities. I am really grateful for such a practical effective offering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
fantastic! great book, helped me get into sql and writing scripts to clean up our database in Record time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 27 April 2014
No one book can be perfect for everyone's needs, but this comes close. Clearly laid out (great use of colour), concise, very readable writing style, covers many topics - other writers could learn a lot from Ben Forta!
I had a good but rusty knowledge of database design, but limited knowledge of SQL. I found this book excellent in explaining SQL and, because of its concise and clear layout, it's ideal as a quick reference book.
There are some topics where you'll want to get more detail or background, so I also bought SQL Queries for Mere Mortals. However, I wouldn't be without Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Godsend!, 22 April 2014
I previously tried to learn SQL from a popular yellow book, which was more full of terrible anecdotes and bizarre references vaguely linked to terms... terrible. This book is simple and straight to the point and easy to follow. All the information is there, it's just not padded out with waffle. Would reccomend to anyone that needs to learn SQL in a hurry!

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliantly simple, 4 April 2014
very easy to use and understand, laid out in a way that allows the lessons to be learned and referred back to easily. I am working on Oracle, but we are migrating to SQL server - and this book gives references to both which is helping with the translations.

Basic level users or people wanting to start using SQL should consider this a good starting point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 5 Mar 2014
Ms. Sa Ben-arros "mioumaou" (London) - See all my reviews
It is very easy to follow, very simple to understand and the files are provided, I think it is one of the best self help books I have ever read

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 31 Dec 2013
It says what it does. I used this book in conjunction with an online website that has free sql lessons. And my learning experience was quick and easy

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and relatively easy to follow, 26 Oct 2013
Andrew Grant (Brighton, E Sussex. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I need to learn SQL for work. This book has helped enormously.
Worth the money. Even more experienced colleagues use it for reference purposes.

4.0 out of 5 stars loosing focus?, 13 Aug 2013
I bought this to replace the previous edition that did not specifically cover SQLite. It remains a good place to start especially for someone who needs to retrieve records from an existing db rather than create a new one. It is well written, clear and direct. But covering so many SQL versions in one book does mean it is necessary to check that there is not a little box somewhere that says it will not work with your version of SQL.
Which is a pity, SQLite needs a book like this, concise, practical, to-the-point.