4.0 out of 5 stars Entry to the world of Apple Mac
If you already own a good screen, the compact Mac Mini could be for you, and will get you -- as it did me -- into the world of Mac and OS X a lot more cheaply, but less prettily, than buying an iMac. I got set up very quickly, using a Logitech wireless keyboard and an Apple Magic Mouse, plus an ordinary Dell screen and my speakers. The included video adapter makes the...
Published 15 months ago by Bernardette Lugner

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it says on the box
Be careful, this is an American import and is an American specification with American accessories. Should be made clear on sellers page.
Published 17 months ago by James H. Burns

‹ Previous | 15 6 710 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars It just worked, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Apple Mac Mini (Dual-Core i5 2.5GHz Processor, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB, HD Graphics) (Personal Computers)
It's much faster than I thought. Linked with my Sony 42 in and just worked. All in all a great buy. Very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple for Life, 27 Dec 2013
I have been using Apple computers for the past 20 year and I have never had a problem with viruses or spy ware. This is brilliant a leap forward for my film making and good communication toll with the rest of the world. Thanks Apple for a brilliant computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Mini Mac, 26 Mar 2013
Went from the dark ages, a Mini Mac running Panther (10.3), to the 21st Century with this new Mini Mac running Mountain Lion (10.8.3). Amazing piece of kit in every respect.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FOR MY REQUIREMENTS, 16 Feb 2013
As a long term sufferer with a rapidly failing Microsoft computer this small little computer solved all my needs.
Fit for purpose, value for money, does what it says on the box, I could go on, just wonderful.
What's more Amazon as efficient as ever, an excellent purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little computer. Works well with TV. Short on RAM, 5 Jun 2013
I got this to have a fully functioning computer on my TV for music, media handling, emails, internet etc. It does all of these perfectly, after a few of the usual Apple set-up glitches (it always seems that Apple products only work perfectly with other Apple products). Mountain Lion is fine - nothing special in comparison to the Snow Leopard I have been used to on my MacBook Pro. I do find that 4GB RAM is barely enough and on a few occasions, the Mac Mini has run out of RAM. I may upgrade to 8GB with a Kingston kit rather than pay for Apple's own extortionate memory upgrade.

I also got the bluetooth Apple keyboard and magic trackpad, held in the Clique tray connector. This is a great solution for lazy sofa browsing, once you have filed down the Clique connector so that the trackpad fits!

5.0 out of 5 stars To all Windows users, abandon the futility of trying ..., 9 Sep 2014
To all Windows users, abandon the futility of trying to fathom Microsoft logic and their dreadful operating systems and get yourself on to a Mac - ease and simplicity all the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, very well packaged, no fuss at ..., 7 Aug 2014
K. F. M. Fisher (Sommerset) - See all my reviews
Quick delivery, very well packaged, no fuss at all and an absolute small miracle everything and more in a piece of equipmment the size of a cigar box !

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 15 Oct 2013
Such a lot of power in such a little thing! The design is sleek and small and yet it is so powerful. Replacing an old PC with a Mac has a great impact. There is no noise and groaning every time I turn it on. I don't have to press the power button and then go and make a cup of tea while I wait for it to load itself up! It doesn't sound like an aeroplane taking off when an advert starts running online! It's... silent, except when you want to listen to music and then.. bam... crisp & clear sound. It's a revelation. I keep turning it on and off just to marvel at the way it deals with it so effortlessly. Maybe I need to get out more..

4.0 out of 5 stars Small Package - Big Features, 1 Oct 2013
I have alwasy liked these, and having sold many, and installed many, I figured I'd treat myself. I chose the lower spec processor, which I now regret a little. Also it runs very hot, which these all do. Generally though, great little machine, and a fan control utility has sorted out the cooling.
They should also do a package version of these with Keyboard/Mouse, as its a bit cheeky having to buy these separately...
Otherwise, recommended. I have multiple profiles, use iTunes home sharing, and also use it as a workhorse for encoding and home office stuff. I think this is why I feel I should have got the i7!
For most stuff the i5 is fine, and also the power consumption of this little unit is very low (which is great!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Much prefer over Windows PC, 9 Aug 2013
Its my 4th Mac. What can I say, it just works for me. I still use windows but only because of a few specific software packages that aren't yet on the Mac. I never turn off my Macs whereas my windows pc needs to be shut down at least once a week otherwise they become extremely crash prone.

‹ Previous | 15 6 710 | Next ›