on 20 May 2013
Great item but the appearance of 'watermarks' between the surface of the iPad and the Otterbox screen spoil it. What a pity!!
on 24 January 2014
Got my otter box case today and have now fitted my I pad mini. Very tough construction and easy to fit, I used an anti static cleaner on I pad screen and don't have to much issue with oil marks on the screen but also don't press very hard. I have a like proof case on my I phone but prefer the look of the otterbox, didn't need my I pad to be waterproof so this is a much cheaper option for me. Now can put I pad in bag and not worry about scratching etc on my keys.
Great purchase.
on 14 May 2013
Beautiful and not overly bulky. Looks well made and feels secure. Above all it was easy to get on ! There is one thing that I dislike and it is fiddle things and this is NOT one of them. The instructions are crystal clear with good diagrams. The actual case had no funny smells and the packaging was in perfect condition. Item was ordered on the 11th and arrived today 14/5/2013. As for the specs, there is so far no distortion of page viewing, I have shopped online and watched film. The screen behaves the same way when I touch the protective film as it would when I touch the iPad glass. The silicone button cover causes no interference, nor does the on off. I have not made many purchases on Amazon but this is one of my best. If I had purchased this sooner I would not have caused a tiny dent in my IPad (doh!), they are a bit delicate on the back...no I did not drop it, it has not left my house I have had it only a month and noticed last week tiny ding on back. So BEWARE. Buy the case straight away, as soon as you unbox put it on!
on 18 March 2014
I recieved the otter box and all the packaging was damaged which made me think it was second hand but when I opened it it seemed to be as new. The problem I have experianced with the otter box is the home button as i Baught it for my daughter it is very hard to push even for me so i had to out a home button on the screen for her.
on 10 March 2013
I have had a number of different cases for previous iPads I've owned but the otterbox is the best by far. Due to its compact size I knew I'd be carrying the ipad mini around with me a fair bit, so I wanted something really protective.
It does add weight/ bulk, but in my opinion not too much. The case also doesn't feel cheap like some others do.
I'm not sure I'd actually carry the stand part around with me, but as a stand it works wonderfully and holds it in a good sturdy position.
The screen protector is brilliant - I've had problems in the past with the stick on kind (air bubbles) but as this doesn't work like that its been perfect. Everything is still very responsive and it's still easy to use in the far corners.
on 16 December 2013
I wanted something to protect my iPad when on my push bike or motorcycle or even out walking. I have to say that the OtterBox does do this rather well. I t does not pretend to be waterproof but it does ofer really substantial protection. The problem is that the screen constantly has those horrible air bubbles between it and the protective cover. There is no way that you can avoid them. So you have this stunningly beautifully designed piece of electronic digital bliss, the iPad turned into an inelegant visually unappealing air bubble. If I really do want to protect my iPad I will compromise and use the OtterBox but it really is a shame that they could not design a better way to protect the screen.
on 5 June 2013
I ordered my case mid pm and it was delivered the following morning. It fits perfectly, looks good and the price is great to. You really cannot beat Otterbox for better protection for your iPad or iPhone,
on 6 August 2013
The case is well built and offers excellent protection. However it has one major flaw. The built in screen protector sticks to the ipad screen and causes watermark/Newton's rings wherever you touch the screen. After tapping and swiping for a while the screen is a complete mess. The marks are distracting and distort the underlying text/image.
I contacted Otterbox and their only advice was to spray baby powder under the screen protector to stop it touching the ipad screen.
For a £50 (rrp) case I expect better. A shame really as this could be a 5 star product.
My advice - don't waste your money, look elsewhere...
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2013
Having bought this, for my daughters ipad mini for xmas, i was devastated to see that when i installed it on to the actual ipad, the screen sort of bubbled! Its like the screen is wet in parts and is extremely distracting. The bubbling cannot be pushed out and the case has been thrown to one side because it is useless. Having bought this early for an xmas present i have missed the window to return it. I purchased the same case from another supplier (in grey), for my son, and that one is spot on. The screen is virtually invisible on the ipad. I don't write reviews but feel i had to get my point across on this one!
on 9 August 2014
I have used one of these on my iPhone for more then a year and it has been excellent and has saved it from serious damage, even being dropped from 4 metres!
My iPad Mini Otterbox looks identical to my iPhone Otterbox, however I have 2 issues with the iPad cover, namely oily marks behind the screen protector despite careful cleaning and the silicone outer shell is much harder than the one on my iPhone making the "Home" button very hard to press therefore spoiling the user experience.
This makes me think that there are possibly a lot of non genuine versions of this product in circulation.