on 16 January 2013
A really tough product and ideal for its purpose. I'm sure that this case would be great on camping trips or for slinging in a rucksack. It's a bit heavy and bulky for everyday use in office conditions.
on 19 March 2013
The product delivered said Otterbox Defender on the packaging, which looked genuine, but inside was just a std type I Pas folding leather / Leatherette cover - definitely not an Otterbox Defender. As far as I can see, Otterbox do not make ordinary folding covers. Amazon say they checked and the product was genuine, but when I ordered a Defender from a different supplier (on Amazon), the correct item was delivered. If you're buying or receiving as a gift, make sure you get what you order.
on 18 July 2013
A really unique design and super protective, it's tricky to get the thing open but for good reasons that means it's hard to get the iPad out which is what we want, I mean this isn't exactly a case we're going to be taking the ipad out of often, we want it to stay there for maximum protection which it gives. I didn't even realize their was a screen protector built in and you wouldn't even notice when you have the iPad in it, now this case does give a bit of weight to the iPad which some people might not like but i think the weight makes it nicer and not like it's going to fly out my hands which also gives it more of a sense of protection. The case also covers the headphone jack and every other button on the ipad but it's hard to open, you have to really dig your nail into the rubber to lift it out. The case also comes with a stand/cover it can be used to sit on the back or front of the iPad and and it can also be a good quality stand and have 3 different functions, low&high landscape and a vertical position. This case is an outstanding product but the only thing that let's it down it the price! it's very pricey and can look slightly ridiculous but if you think of dropping and cracking that pretty little screen it can be 4x as pricey when you don't have this case!
on 14 August 2013
I see other buyers have had similar issues.
I ordered otterbox defender case however I received an otterbox leather folio case.
I know what the defender case should be like as we already have one for my daughter's iPad mini.
Not what I ordered - must say though that Amazon customer service was very helpful and immediately arranged prepaid return postage.
on 3 January 2014
A very well designed & well built product - more than doubles the durability of my iPad. Couldn't be more satisfied.
on 24 August 2013
I got mine from SS Group for a great price and it turned out to be the real product, unlike some the other experiences I have read on here. I had a bit of difficulty following the instructions as the outer silicone casing is such a tight fit it looked like it wouldn't come off but with a bit of persistence it did. I found it not just very robust but extremely practical to use. The screen protector fits seamlessly into the design and you don't notice its there. The stand is very practical although it is not something I would want to carry around with me all the time. It is a very good quality build and all the controls function well through the case. I looked at the Logitech keyboard cover but thought it was too expensive and without a mouse not very practical for anything other than just typing. I prefer it to my wife's Apple Smart Case, which she has on her grown up iPad. This is more usable and offers more protection.
on 14 December 2013
Quality, feel and protection of case is excellent... but the home button is now very difficult to press. So much so my 4 yr old son find it almost impossible to press it. He has to use is thumb and try to push very hard. I even found it hard myself. Rather than a quick press with forefinger or thumb you have to give it a very hard deliberate push. It makes the double tap a real chore and hard to do sometimes.
So I would give the actual case 5/5 but for who wants the ipad used by my son I need to only give two stars.
I have returned item and will swap for a Griffin Survivor. I have the Griffin for the Ipad Air and home button is fine on that. I must say I do prefer the overall feel and protection of the Otterbox which is a shame.
Looking at the case it is a simple design flaw which would be easy to fix.
on 13 April 2013
Fantastic case for the iPad minimuch better then the Griffin which I purchased for my iPad 2. The case cover is great as it can clip on at the front to completely cover the screen or at the back when in use. Once detached the stand can be folded out and you can postion the iPad at two different angles and it holds it well enough for my kids to play games on it without it having to lay flat on the table. The rubber feet also keep the thing well planted so it does not slid around either. Personally I would really rate this and wonder what Apple were thinking producing a gadget which on its own is pretty limited ergonomically and you feel like your going to damage it eavery time you put it down let alone if you dropped it! Buy it!
on 11 August 2013
This case is ideal for the rugged environment I work in. The plastic case combined with the rubber layer provide a decent level of protection and shock absorption for the iPad. They also stop the vast amounts of dust and sand here damaging it. The only exposed parts are cameras and speakers/mic but these are still set into the frame to protect them from scratches. The case was very simple to assemble, and the screen protector still allows full use of the touch screen and although it feels more plasticky this doesn't bother me.
The extra cover/stand is a great idea, allowing that extra layer of protection and a functional stand.
Overall a very good case that does exactly what it claims to.
on 1 January 2013
We purchased an ipad mini for our 7 year old son for Xmas and he loves it - however, it was apparent that at some point, he was going to drop it, no matter how careful he was going to be!

So, we decided to purchase this case for him and it seems like a great buy - the case is sturdy and seems to be well capable of protecting the ipad mini.

It fits snugly around the ipad and was a doddle to fit - although, I did watch a video on YouTube to make sure that I knew how to do it properly.

So, far, (4 days in) we're really pleased with the case and I would recommend this to others who want to ensure that the ipad is protected when in little hands!