5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say about my beloved Otterbox
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protection shame about the screen protector
Excellent well made case giving the iPad Mini good all round protection.
Without the case the iPad Mini is very light and slippery and can easily be dropped.
What I don't like about the case is the built in screen protector that now gives an oil slick / rainbow effect on the screen.
Otter box support suggest this is a problem with the iPad as seem to be...
Published 22 months ago by TIM BUCKLAND

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protection shame about the screen protector, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Otterbox Defender Series Three-Layer Protection Case Cover with Screen Protector for iPad Mini - Black (Personal Computers)
Excellent well made case giving the iPad Mini good all round protection.
Otter box support suggest this is a problem with the iPad as seem to be different manufactures and one has this issue.
Otterbox support suggest using baby powder or put a screen protector on the IPad to fill the gap between the iPad and case screen protector.
Bit disappointed this is at my expense due to their case not fitting correctly.
I will probably remove the Otter Box Screen Protector as I did with my iPhone Defender Case.
All in all good product but let down by Screen protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say about my beloved Otterbox, 9 Mar 2013
Otterbox products, especially the Defender serie has stolen my heart. I am a big Geek Gadget Freak just loving it all. After owning a Dell Streak 5 mini for awhile it was time to upgrade to something a bit faster and even bigger. I ended up going for a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0 after doing my reseach on the net about what is aviable. There is fears compitition in the android market with many tablet/phones to choose from. I wanted a 7 inch phone, nice and big. My eye fell on the S.G. Tab2 3g 7.0. I ended up buying it but not before I checked if OTTERBOX made a protection case for it. Yes that is how far my love for Otterbox cases goes. I will not buy a gadget if I can not hose it into an Otterbox defender case. I know that their is a fast group of people out there that just seem to love thin gadgets. I am surely not one of them. I like mine robust and thunky. The Otterbox defender case surely makes this happen for me. It give me a great safe grip of my gadget for which I had to save up before I could afford it so I do not want to run the risk of something happening to it. The Otterbox defender is not a cheap option when it comes to cases but boy do you get a great protection. Nothing is going to happen to my TAB2 when I am suffering from a moment of mindlessness. Needless to say that the Dell Streak 5 which has now found a new home in the hands of my husband is also dressed up in a Otterbox defender case. This Otterbox defender case comes with an extra item that did not come with the Dell Streak 5 defender case. It is like an armour plate which fits over the screen for when you take your gadget on the move. seriously nothing is going to touch my gadget as long as it is in the Otterbox defender case. When that part of the defender case if not used as protection over the screen it can be used as a stand. A nice neat pop up lever in build into the part and functions as a support where you can rest your Samsung Galaxy TAB2 7.0 in while your not using it. You can use the stand in two ways, both landscape, one the Tab is lying at about 45 degrees, and the other it will be at about just under 90 degrees. I hope I have that right,.....well being a woman and all.
The Case is made out of 4 items. 2 pieces fit around the TAb2 and clicks into each other leaving the volume, on/off, speakers camera's, ear speaker for call function and charge connector open. Then a thick sturdy rubber fits over this protection case. In this rubber layer there are 2 pieces that can be opened to access the headphone jack and the charge connector. No need to take the protection of to charge or use headphones. I find operating the volume and on/of buttons easier while the rubber protection layer is on.

I also bought a car cradle here on Amazon, and I don't need to take the protection of when I want to use my gadget as a navigation system. If I had to do that......well that would defy the reason why I have protection to start with isn't it.

I can't speak highly enough about the quality of this product and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for the ulitmate protection for their gadgets. Especailly if there are little feet walking around the house trying to get their hands on your precious gadget. It only takes a split second to drop onto a hard surface to shatter something as beautiful as a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0 if there is no protection like an Otterbox around it. Now I can just take it wherever I may go, whatever I do without any worry in the world what might happen. O did I mention that it has a build in screen protector as well? Well it does, and it does not deminish the sensitivity of the screen at all. And for a reason I don't know, it doesn't get so dirty as an unprotected screen does?.Well some mysteries has to be left unexplained.

Seller was fab. Quick and without any trouble. Just as it said on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best defender yet!, 25 Dec 2012
Excellent protective case for iPad mini with great multi functional stand and front protection. My only gripe is sometimes you need to press harder when typing but I'm sure with time this will improve. Very happy with my purchase and would recommend as the best protective case on the market.

1.0 out of 5 stars product not as advertised, 11 Feb 2013
ordered from smartbuys not a rugged case but a leather case like buyer below had to return at my own cost

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 Jan 2014
Good solid cover. Took screen cover off as it was annoying. Case very hard to remove so get it right first time! A year later, the rubber edging is starting to go so cover is harder to fit. I will have to replace it soon which is disappointing given the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous product, 3 Jan 2014
A very well designed & well built product - more than doubles the durability of my iPad. Couldn't be more satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very robust but somewhat inconvenient, 16 Jan 2013
A really tough product and ideal for its purpose. I'm sure that this case would be great on camping trips or for slinging in a rucksack. It's a bit heavy and bulky for everyday use in office conditions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an Otterbox Defender, 19 Mar 2013
The product delivered said Otterbox Defender on the packaging, which looked genuine, but inside was just a std type I Pas folding leather / Leatherette cover - definitely not an Otterbox Defender. As far as I can see, Otterbox do not make ordinary folding covers. Amazon say they checked and the product was genuine, but when I ordered a Defender from a different supplier (on Amazon), the correct item was delivered. If you're buying or receiving as a gift, make sure you get what you order.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best iPad Mini case, 25 Feb 2014
I did a lot of research into what would be the best case to protect my new iPad Mini. I eventually decided on the Otterbox Defender over the Griffin Survivor mainly due to reviews and the large numbers of counterfeit Griffin cases in circulation (even from Amazon, going by some reviews.)

The iPad is first fully enclosed in a plastic case with attached screen protector. It is then enclosed in a hard silicon surround which is the 2nd case and layer of protection. Finally the last layer of protection is provided by a hard plastic case that can be attached for additional protection, which also has an enclosed stand for the iPad.

All the ports are protected by covers and all buttons can be used easily with the cover attached.

I mainly just use the ipad with the first two cases when using it in the house, and the additional third case when using it in the gym or outdoors.

POSITIVES - Comes with warranty, well made, silicon case nice to hold in hand, port protection, some water protection.

NEGATIVES - home button can be a little stiff with cover attached, third cover has to be removed to use the camera, screen resolution very slightly affected by in-built screen protector (this could be removed quite easily and normal screen protector used in it's place but it would removed any water proofing), third case fitted makes the iPad quite chunky.

Despite the negatives, and they are only very slight and do not bother me too much.

Having bought my girlfriend the Griffin Survivor for her iPad, I can safely say that the better made Otterbox and offers superior protection. I highly recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 2 Jan 2014
I bought this for my mum, as she is very weary of using her iPad mini without protection. I bought her this and not only was she pleased with the quality, but the delivery time was great!