5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously heart-warming.
Published 7 months ago by Wussyboy

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read
A very alternative lifestyle raising Alpacas seems to be. How do people cope with learning new skills in an alien land? Interesting and entertaining read.
Published 5 months ago by Mrs. Linda Tucker

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously heart-warming., 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca? (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I've read recently about a British couple moving from Britain to rural Spain and not knowing what they are letting themselves in for! 'Chapeau' once again for such a brave decision, and hey, the alpacas, I loved those! Plus the expanding menagerie which includes Mary Belle the huge Vietnamese pot-bellied pig, four sweaty goats, and Miliko, the happiest dog in the world. The writing is both easy and straightforward, and in addition to lots of cuddly alpacas there are some very dramatic events - notably Alan being shot by a "Bermuda Triangle" of not-so-cuddly alpaca spit-balls to the back, chest and face! Though there are some truly tragic bits later on in the book (don't want to give too much away) that had me snuffling into my soup, I'm a real softie when it comes to animals!

I received a copy of this book as a competition prize, and would happily recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca? (Kindle Edition)
I bought this because it had been recommended to me by Victoria Tweed, and as you can see from my other reviews I am a great fan of hers.
She didn't disappoint.
The only criticism I have is that it could have been longer. I fell in love with all the animals and even thought at one point - before the spitting - that I would like an Alpaca.
Alan, let's have more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca? (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading Alan's account of his brave and adventurous move to Spain. Despite the many challenges - both emotional and physical - that Alan and his wife Lorna face, there is still a genuine feeling of happiness and almost childlike excitement about the whole experience, which shines through in the narrative. I'm almost tempted to pack up, move abroad, and try something similar myself. Nah, I'll just read Alan's sequel instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars bloody hell.. now i know, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca? (Kindle Edition)
what an Alpaca is......this was an interesting read, the up's and down's of moving and trying something totally different.
This is what moving abroad is about, not sun sea and sangria but blood sweat and tears

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca? (Kindle Edition)
I came across this book after reading Victoria Tweads books. And it didn't fail to disappoint.
I didn't know anything about Alpacas before reading the book, but I do now. And enjoyed reading all about them, and there journey to live with Alan and Lorna, even the spitting incident.
The book was both sad and funny at the same time.
Excellent read and I look forward to reading the next book.
Keep up the good writing Alan

5.0 out of 5 stars If ever anything would make me buy an Alpaca..., 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca? (Kindle Edition)
Read this a while ago and loved it. I totally forgot to leave a review until today when I was browsing my account and the sequel popped up as a recommended book for me. Needless to say that one is safely in the bag and ready to read because this one was simply lovely. The trials and tribulations of moving to a new country to start a totally new business with the most adorable animals is a must read. You will laugh and cry with the Parks as they struggle to get things sorted on the farm and will struggle personally to put it down until its finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca?, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca? (Kindle Edition)
I so enjoyed this book! it brought back many memories of when my husband and I decided we were going to come and live in Spain.
The descriptions of trying to find a place to live that a couple both like!!
I also loved the bits added in by the animals!!!!
An easy and very enjoyable read which is what is needed , particularly if I've had a day working on the house, mixing concrete etc though haven't done much of that recently as it is too cold!
Well done Alan, look forward to reading the other book soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca? (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, could not put it down, laughed out loud all the way through it, great to see people living their dream, even if they are struggling along the way, looking forward to the second book next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca? (Kindle Edition)
I bought this whilst looking for books about spain. I had read Chickens mules and two old fools by Victoria Tweed and Driving over lemons by Chris stweart and really enjoyed them, so thought that i would try this and I wasn't dissapointed! you can easily fall in love with the animals and people. what a heartwarming story.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... this book I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really don't know how the author ..., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca? (Kindle Edition)
Having just finished this book I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really don't know how the author or his partner survived the first couple of years, but survive they did, and probably were better and stronger for it. I know Alan has at least one more book to be read, and I really hope these will be the start of many.