5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Maglite AAA 2 cell LED flashlight
Published 24 months ago by FH

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not quite original mag quality
Published 4 months ago by Tammy

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Maglite AAA 2 cell LED flashlight, 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Mini Maglite AAA 2 Cell LED Flashlight Boxed - Black (Sports)
This is a lovely little flash-light and is much brighter than the original incandescent bulb version at 84 lumens against 9 for the original. The pocket clip is very handy not only for holding in your pocket but also to prevent it rolling off horizontal surfaces and it it is very slim, comfortable in the hand and really will fit your shirt pocket. Also something that is new for the smaller Maglites this one has a serial number unique to each light, and it can be registered with Maglite so that it can be traced afterwards if it should be for example lost and found.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a machine technician.., 4 Jun. 2014
I needed something that was not so big when lying down I would cripple my leg and something not too small to produce enough light to see into the depths of some AMF machines.
This ticks all the boxes. The anodised blue body is great to spot if I drop it in a pile of scummy stuff and runs on two AAA's which is not very demanding to obtain from any shop.

Maglite..guess they will never change, always a great choice, very happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a torch!, 28 Dec. 2013
This torch has revolutionised my life. It's just the right size to fit in my mouth so that I can have my hands from for all those previously cumbersome night time tasks from getting the logs in, emptying the chamberpot, walking the dog (no torch-mouth action required for this one, except for getting him untangled from brambles!), getting my keys out to unlock the front door or chasing badgers and other nocturnal beasts from the garden and of course checking under the bed for monsters (and over it for spiders!) It's so powerful I can identify approaching strangers from down the end of the lane to give me time to prepare an appropriate greeting! It's nearly completely waterproof, has survived the occasional puddle drop and more often my perpetual salivation (only whilst I have a torch in my mouth! I'm not a drooler!) I had been managing with the normal AA batteried maglite for the previous 20 years (yes it lasted that long!) and the weight of it was giving me crooked teeth, not to mention having to find and change that comparatively dim bulb every five years or so. This new mini maglite is a beauty! It even still has the good old 'free standing candle mode', although the new super white and bright LED isn't quite as romantic as the yellowish light from the old style bulb. My girlfriend envied it so much she practically demanded one for herself for Christmas (although a red one rather than black, which is just as well because I wouldn't want her taking mine home my mistake!)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not quite original mag quality, 12 Jan. 2015
My old maglite expired some years after I modified it with an LED kit, so I decided to upgrade to the real deal. It's a nice, lightweight LED torch - however, the head-turn mechanism is not solid-feeling like the old maglites. In fact it feels quite wobbly/fragile and indeed the first one I had to send back because there seemed a loose connection leading to flickering on and off. The replacement doesn't flicker - but still feels a bit wobbly.... Not sure how long it will last...

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 6 Dec. 2013
This is a great item, very compact, great light from it. good quality
The LED Light is very strong,

Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Mar. 2014
This torch does exactly what it is designed to do and gives a good clear light. It is easy to carry

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and compact, 17 Jun. 2014
Mr. J. Preston "jamesfed" (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
Perfect for use as a 'backup' to my AA Mini Maglite, very bright indeed and particularly light in weight :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good torch, 4 Nov. 2013
I. Rea (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
well built, except the clip isn't practical for what I wanted to use it for, but overall gives a good light for its size

4.0 out of 5 stars This is very bright, 15 Aug. 2013
This is a good product at good price. Handy size and light. But the LED IS VERY BRIGHT. That may be exactly what you need so go ahead and buy. Perviously I had the non LED version and i found that light easier on the eye and just as handy in the dark

5.0 out of 5 stars great for seeing dog poo to pick up on those ..., 14 Jan. 2015
As described, light weight, powerful beam, great for seeing dog poo to pick up on those dark winter morning walks!