4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says
These glasses do what they say, record video and sound in good quality.
The record time I got was around 2hours 20 minutes with a 32GB class 10 SD card. Like all these products the limiting factor is the battery. They seem to record to 20 minute files but with little or no gap between the recordings.
For my particular application there are drawbacks with these...
Published 16 months ago by flyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Spy Glasses
This item took a lifetime to come, When it did the glasses had minimal protection and there was some damage to the box however no problems with glasses, Once charged I found them easy to use, They were fairly comfy and was good enough to block out some of the glare from cars and dimmed things when the sun was out, The problem was they do not record more than 23 mins at a...
Published 3 months ago by Daz

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Mini DV DVR SPY Sunglasses Camera Audio Video Recorder 4032*3024 (Electronics)
These glasses do what they say, record video and sound in good quality.
For my particular application there are drawbacks with these type of glasses. I wear spectacles so these glasses have to sit over the top and are not very comfortable or secure. I wanted to use them for videoing my GA flying but because of the thickness of the battery and control 'pods' on the arms my headset does not seal completely to my face so I geta lot of engine noise. I am considering modifying the frames by removing the lenses and trying to thin down the battery & control 'pods'.
It would be good if someone produced a similar product suitable for spectacle wearers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 31 May 2013
Good product does the job well look forward to upgrade in the near future
Great for cycling and sport and observation

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Recording Glasses!, 1 April 2014
I ride a motorbike and was looking for something like a GoPro. Issues were price and method of fixing. I wanted something that will film where I look. I looked at the price of these and at £18 you really cant go wrong! Dont expect great sound as its a tiny microphone but the video quality is very good. It's not HD but in well lit conditions I'm very happy with the results.
Batteries are non-replaceable but at £18 when the batteries expire just buy a new pair.

The camera does point slightly downwards so you need to point it upwards to get the same view as you'd expect to see.
There are no instructions about setting the current date and time (you cant remove the time stamp).
Create a text file on the root of your memory card in this format 2014.04.01 15:00:00
It seems to keep the time after this.

It uses about 122mb per minute so a 45 ride uses 5.5GB.
I recommend using a Sandisk 32GB class 10 mini SD card - I purchased mine from Amazon - beware of fakes on auction sites!

Really easy to use - press the play button to turn the glasses on - blue light on - press it again to start recording - blue light flashing. Press it again to stop recording - blue light on.
Hold down the play button for about 5 seconds to turn the camera off - light goes out.

A really fab alternative to the expensive Go Pro's and PivotHeads but if you want HD with good sound then they are the ones to go for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product..., 5 Mar 2014
nice product.... a product which is quite competitive with the other sellers in the market.... putting it to good use and work..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 25 July 2013
These glasses really work, such good fun and the quality of the video is unbelievable. The only challenge I had with them is the light flashes red when charging and supposed to turn blue when fully charged, mine don't, they stay flashing red for ever, but I think they still fully charge.But they really do work, and at that price you cant go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars sun glasses, 30 Sep 2013
i use these myself and would not be without them ,they are well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value but some reservations, 21 July 2013
James Brooker "Homesick" (Edmonton, Canada) - See all my reviews
For the money I paid for these glasses I think I have a bargain, however there are some issues which prevent them from getting the full five star rating:
1. The instructions are presumably translated from Chinese and are in a bizarre pidgin English which in places is extremely hard to follow.
2. There is little or no video stabilisation, so if you are moving a lot while recording the playback will be quite jumpy. This pretty much makes them unsuitable for recording most sporting activities. I got these to record myself doing my job and I must confess I didn't realise how much I move my head during my daily activities, and I'm mostly just walking around outside.
3. Although I have managed to create longer files, a lot of my recordings cut off after about a minute. I think this is a charging issue, but yesterday I still had a problem despite leaving them to charge overnight. In its almost unfathomable English the instructions state that I should discharge them completely and charge them 5 times to attain maximum charge but I have yet to do this.
4. The instructions state that the glasses are sensitive and bright sunlight shold be avoided - but they are sunglasses, and the lenses are pretty dark!
5. The recording indicator light is on the side so you have to hold the glasses in front of you to ensure they are recording before you put them on. Not really a problem, but it does mean every recording will need editing to cut the beginning off if you want it to give it a professional feel.
Apart from the stabilisation the recording quality is good. I'm still getting to grips with this product, and this review may be a little premature, but overall I am pleased with this purchase (despite my reservations) and would recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best gadget I ever bought, 21 Feb 2013
These are great. They record in 720px1280p HD. While the sound and video are not to be compared with a proper camera. They do the job they were intended for very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars grait, 13 July 2014
these work greait good quality video and sound

5.0 out of 5 stars video glasses, 29 Jun 2014
great glasses well worth the money, why pay in excess of £100.00 or more when these do the same job as the more expensive ones