2,668 Reviews
 (1,413)

1,235 of 1,256 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Creative EP-630 Earphones
I thought I'd add my tuppence worth as I've owned my EP-630 earpohnes for well over a year now and am still extremely pleased with them. I've not had any problems with them and would strongly recommend them to anyone.

Pros:

-They block out background noise almost completely so they are ideal for use on public transport.

-They don't leak...
Published on 18 July 2006 by RageofKlugman

3.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasts...
Published on 1 Oct 2007 by WJ FOX

1,235 of 1,256 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Creative EP-630 Earphones, 18 July 2006
RageofKlugman (Rochester, Kent) - See all my reviews

Pros:

-They don't leak any sound, so when you're using them the rest of the world doesn't have to suffer your abysmal taste in music.

-The sound quality is excellent. Not only can the earphones handle very high volumes without distorting, they also produce a very full bass sound.

-The earbuds are surprisingly comfortable once you get used to them and they won't randomly fall out.

-They're a very reasonable price.

Cons:

-Hmmmm... Well, I guess the wire is bit long, which can very occasionally be a nuisance.

-I wouldn't wear them while eating crisps. They amplify the crunching sounds in your head alarmingly.

4.0 out of 5 stars EP-630 Earphones. The best for the money, 29 Dec 2005
By A Customer
I've tried a lot of headphones over the years being a pro musician, but these have 3 major plus points:
1). They have excellent freq response - deep bass, clear treble, a very good overall sound.
2). They keep out much of the noise going on around you. This isn't total isolation (for that you are going to need something like the Shure E2c, or Etymotic ER6 and the price that goes with them!). This has the huge hearing health benefit of enabling you to turn the volume of your player right down because you are not fighting with other sounds. Better for the ears (and those around you who don't want to hear your music).
3). The price. Other models from top brands like Sony, Phillips, Senheiser etc. in my opinion are not as good - yet they cost more.
Down side? In my view they are somewhat delicate compared to 'closed shell' plastic models. So don't expect to stuff them in the bottom of your bag and not to damage them eventually. It would have been good for Creative to supply a little case to avoid this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones - but watch who you buy them from!, 29 Aug 2010
I've been using the EP-630 for years. They are simply the best headphones available at this price. Massive bass, outstandingly clear and very qualityBeware when buying on amazon though. At least one of the traders on here is selling very low quality fakes, and I suspect some of the bad reviews on here are for the fake item rather than the genuine Creative headphones. I have currently raised this issue with Amazon though they don't seem to be doing much about it. Genuine Creative headphones whether in the bubble pack or in the cardboard 'eco' pack should come with a genuine Creative warranty. They are also of the standard type with both left and right 'phones on equal length leads. If your headphones came without a warranty, have asymmetric (round the neck style) leads or are anything less than great quality you should get in touch with Amazon immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 18 Feb 2006
S. Grenyer "steveg_from_fareham" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Just bought a new MP3 player after losing my IPOD shuffle on a business trip. Thought I'd buy a set of earphones and was looking for something not too expensive (certainly not more than the MP3 player to go with it) and one which would help cut out some of the background noise. I'd tried regular ear phones with noise cancellation gadgetry and found the sound to be not very good. Read some reviews on the Shure E2C but thought these were a bit expensive as I didn't know if I'd get along with sticking these things in my ear. Decided to go with the creative Ep-630 as they were affordable and had good reviews.
My first impressions when using them were truly awful. No bass, tinny sound, worse than the headphones the MP3 came with AND the darn things kept falling out...........
THEN I figured out how to fit them properly......WHAT A DIFFERENCE.
I'm a bit of a sound nut but for the money these sound great AND they cut out a lot of the background noise such as car traffic when I'm walking the dog. Will be on a plane at the weekend for 10hrs so these should help with the noise there as well.
How do you fit them.
Well first of all try the various sizes of rubber earbuds until you find the right size for your ear. It took me several goes.
When fitting try the following;
Take your left hand over your head to grab top of your right ear with the left hand's fingers.
Pull the top of right ear up to open up your ear canal
Put your ear phone in while you hold up your ear as above.
While you hold in the ear phone, let go the ear held by left fingers.
Keep pressing the earphone in place with your right hand for a few seconds to let everything settle down as this help the ear "grip" the earphone bud and hold it in place
Do the same thing for the other side .... just use the right hand over the head instead..
If its a good fit you can tell as if you tap the earphone (gently) it feels as if the noise is inside your head. You need to get a good seal to give the right sound with decent bass.
I thought I was fairly intelligent but it took a search on the internet to find these instructions (they're not mine then). Now fitted correctly I'm very impressed.
Would I buy these again......you bet. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect replacement for an Apple Ipod, 23 Jun 2007
I have had the Sony Ericsson HPM-70 headset which had excellent bass the Creative EP-630 tops many earphones you can buy. The bass response on these earphones are exceptionally balanced so you can actually hear the bass aswell as the tremble.

For the price £13.99 there are no other eaphones which will compete against these. A highly recommended product to whoever loves music and wants to hear it to the highest of excellent standards.

Comparing the EP-630 to the bose in ear headphones (which i had until the got nicked!!) it is rather unusual to find that these headphones can compete with them.

Many other reviews say that the right earphone fails to work this is due to stretching the wire believe me i know it happened to 3 of my HPM 70's thats why i creative have generously made the wire 1.25m long.

Overall i must say the sound quality is excellent the style is funky and the Apple Ipod earphones (in ear or standard) are completely useless compare to the EP-630.

Oh By the way thank you amazon for providing an excellent service and thanks to all the people who actually believe that these earphones are actually worth reviewing!!! lol its a real help

5.0 out of 5 stars Top stuff for the price, 26 July 2006
Asw Moffat "moffmeister" (North Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
Great! I wanted something which I could use on my motorbike on those long boring motorway journeys and was advised to go for Etymotic ER6i or Shure EC2 - I really couldn't justify the spend on either of those so went for these.

NOTE! you do have to get them fitted "properly" otherwise the base is really poor - BUT...get them "right in" and they are great - work fine on the bike i.e. not total isolation but enough to be able to hear the music okay.

For the money they are excellent.

Like I said YOU HAVE TO GET THEM FITTED RIGHT - I've copied the following from a previous review which tell you how:

How do you fit them.

When fitting try the following;

Pull the top of right ear up to open up your ear canal

Put your ear phone in while you hold up your ear as above.

While you hold in the ear phone, let go the ear held by left fingers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ear-plug ear phones, 2 Mar 2006
I was looking for ear phones to replace the sennheiser earphones I had. The only problem with my sennheisers was that they fell out of my ears when walking or jogging - my wife is now very pleased to have them.
These ear phones are cool looking and pretty good sound quality. I have found that my iPod will generate the bass if the equaliser is used. The trick (as many have said) is to push them quite hard into your ear and create a seal. Once the seal is present (try not to think of gungy ear wax!)the bass appears.
In all these are good earphones and for the money the best value I could find - after reading many reviews.
The cable is a little rubbery for my liking, which snags on clothing and can tug the plugs from your ear.
And during running/jogging I have found that they do stay in place better than most ear phones but after a while perhaps even the ears sweat and then the plugs slip out.
I have now gotten used to walking the streets with relatively minimal traffic noise (use your eyes when crossing the road). I am pleased to be able to listen on the train without disturbing everyone around me.
Perhaps I will change the size of the ear plug attachment to ensure that they don't fall out, but in general use walking about they are great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasts..., 1 Oct 2007
WJ FOX (London) - See all my reviews
These are stylish and extremely comfortable earphones. They are very compact, and fit really neatly into your ears. The sound quality is superb - especially the noise insulation which blocks out almost everything around you. Even when I'm travelling around the busiest parts of London (such as Oxford Street, or on the tube), the music stays loud and extremely clear. All distractions are blocked out, even people talking loudly next to me.

Also, the lead is quite long (over a metre). If you play computer games, this makes it good for plugging into a PC or console, assuming you have one that's under the desk or is quite hard to reach. I found the quality to be exceptionally good for Doom 3, Quake 4 and similar games where the sound is really important.

For £17, these ought to be good value for money. However... I've had a persistent problem with the lifespan of this product. Despite taking really good care of them, I've just got through my 3rd pair in a year. For some reason, the left earphone seems to keep dying after a few months.

In summary, these earphones are excellent while they last, but the durability is terrible - I'm afraid I won't be buying them again. I suspect many of the reviewers here are people who've only had them for a short time, and have yet to experience this problem. For me, this certainly isn't a long term purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Sony EX-71, 28 Nov 2005
I've had two pairs of Sony EX-71 both of which developed identical faults (lost sound to one earphone due to faulty connection in the cable). I decided that after two pairs developing the same fault, it was a design flaw with that product and I wouldn't buy again.
That said the passive noise reduction and sound quality the Sony EX-71 earphones offer is excellent for commuting (I'm on the tube for 2 hours every working day). After looking at alternatives for a while I noticed the Creative EP-630 earphones and given that they were only £20, took the risk and bought them straight away.
So far, I've found these earphones surprisingly good. They are as comfy as the Sony headphones (which is not surprising since the ear buds seem to be identical). I think audiophiles are dopes, but I can say that I *believe* the sound quality is pretty good from these headphones. I get sufficient bass and there isn't too much screechy treble like you sometimes get with cheaper earphones. In fact, I might even say that the sounds quality is better than the Sony's, since with the Creatives I can actually hear the very quiet digital distortion that I know some of my CD rips have got (from ripping from some specific copy protected CDs).
All this said, I haven't had these long enough to be sure they won't develop similar faults to the Sony's, but at first glance the earphones themselves seem to be of better build quality (nice little grills rather than Sony's wax prone single little holes) and the cable quality seems fine.
One final point, these earphones come with a full length cable and not a short cable with additional cable extender like the Sony EX-71 earphones do. This isn't a problem for me as I don't have an inline remote for my player, but might put some people off as there can be a lot of spare cable to deal with if you do.
All in all a nice little pair of earphones for commuting, and comfortable enough to use for several hours in the office too.

4.0 out of 5 stars great great phones, 11 Mar 2006
I bought these, seemingly like every one else to replace the factory inpacks that came with my mp3 player (useless). And like everyone else my previous experience of in-ear earphones was Sony’s (which I thought were the bees, until…). To get the best sound, you have to get the right fit, and then they are great. Pull on the upper tip of your ear lobe, as you slide them in, doing this you should get a good comfortable seal. Once inserted properly the earbud uses the acoustics of your ear to produce the high quality sound, particularly bass, that they are known for.
Initially I found that these earbuds seemed to over represent treble, with a clear bass and little in-between. However after forty or so hours of use they seem to be well blown in and now present a full spectrum of sound at all stages. And so it goes, as with more use they just seem to get better and better. I had always been convinced that over the ear phones gave sound that just couldn’t be beaten. Now I’m not so sure. These ear buds do have an exceptionally wide frequency response compared to just about anything out there. All the stats add up to make these, on paper at least the equal of much more expensive ‘phones. Another plus is that you are driving a very small speaker, so that’s good news for your battery life. They look good too, and I wanted phones that weren’t white plastic mugger magnets. Is it me or are white phones starting to look dated and cheap?
So far that adds up to a five star review, it’s just that… the cable is too rubbery. It’s that almost sticky feeling rubber, so that are susceptible to pulling on your ears, and this contributes to what I think is their greatest downside. Although this applies to all in-ear earphones. Did you ever make a tin can telephone? You know, the two tin cans connected by a piece of string. Well these phones seem to transfer sound the same way. You can hear a muffled rumble as the cable slides against your clothes, walking downstairs produces a muffled fut-fut-fut. I wonder if it’s the same with the super priced etymotic’s or shure’s, the earphones that cost 4x what my player cost? Whatever, it’s not intrusive. Most of the time you’ll just be enjoying your much much more

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones - Black