5.0 out of 5 stars Budget solution for Vinyl lovers
Published 19 months ago by gaddarjoker

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great
I'm surprised by all the positive reviews - I bought this and find the sound quality abysmal. It's just about tolerable when using headphones, but without it is not only tinny but has audible gravelly needle sound when playing.
Published 1 month ago by Dog in a Flat Cap

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget solution for Vinyl lovers, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Steepletone ST918 3 Speed Record Player/Turntable Cream New Improved Model (Electronics)
This was actually meant to be for a friend of mine. I'm too much into vinyl and I had several vintage turntables. I had some suspicions about this one's performance but I think it's quite something considering its price. The only downside is the built in speakers but this one comes with headphone output, line out and even phono out plus another socket for subwoofer input as well. So if you are not satisfied with it as it is or start considering upgrading into more hi-fi choices, this turntable provides enough room for that. So, if you want to explore Vinly and analog music and not sure about how to start or invest a fortune, you are good to go. It has auto stop function and 78 RPM playing feature (even my Thorens TD 166 MK II lacks)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 25 Jan 2013
Got myself this for Christmas and it's the best auto gift ever. The only handicup is that you can't close the lid if you're playing a big size record, apart from that it's brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lps, 19 Oct 2013
love listning to my old Lps ...basic wee player but its easy moved around the house .Does what it says on the tin,n so if your looking for a wee record player and not expensive one at that this will do the job

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargin - vinyl blast from the past, 12 Jan 2013
S. Still (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
After fussing over what record player to buy (or even if I should buy one at all) - I opted for this. It arrived a few days back and I dusted down a few 80s classics from my child hood and within moments I was grinning like a cheshire cat and feeling very pleased with my decision.

Ok so what about the turntable. I had kept my expections well in check - I mean this was 38 inc postage. All things considered this is worth every penny.

What it does:
Played all old vinyl with out any fuss or problems.
The speakers are small and a little tinny as you would expect but still exceeded my expections. The player is quite small and popping it on the kitchen worktop while cleaning up or in the bedroom it does a great job - like a small 2 speaker radio you may have in that sort of location. I've not tried the line out just yet (there's also a subwoofer plug) so connecting to my home DVD/CD 5 speaker set up should boost the sound if need be.
The best way to listen is pop some headphones in - I normally play MP3s on my smart phone and using same headphones dire staits money for nothing was perhaps a nicer experience on the vinyl than the same downloaded track. Not bad for something cheap as chips.
I think it looks smart in a plastic way - the cream colour was cheaper than black and matches the bedroom decor which has made my wife happy!

What it does not do:
There is no lever to raise and lower the arm carefully - just your thumb on the plastic bit sticking out next to the stylus, so a steady hand required.
The arm does not return itself to the rest when finished - the turntable just stops (or you can switch it to just keep turning for longer records but I've not had anything that long yet) - but this all works just fine in a no frills way.

Basically - If I play my old stuff for a few weeks for fun I had good value for money and something I can move around the house whereever I want to listen to it. If I buy lots of new vinyl going forward then this will do very nicely for now and I can always buy something serious in a year or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 13 Jan 2013
My dad has always wanted to sell his 100's of records but never has because there is to much sentimental value to them. He now listens to then everyday and the quality and volume of the turntable is amaZing!! :) x

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for occasional play, 6 Nov 2013
I bought this to play my old vinyl and have had no problem with it. I have attched it to external speakers and the sound is okay,good enough for the occasional use it will get

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 21 Jun 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars no bass, 29 May 2014
I bought this as a stand alone unit but the sound quality is poor. I have tried connecting it to my stereo system but still cannot get enough bass. The instructions say to use a sub woofer, but this is an added expense. It does sound great through my wireless headphones though!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 17 April 2014
I wouldn't say it's great, but it's definitely worth the money. It's good for a temporary little player, but I can see myself upgrading as soon as I am able.

x

5.0 out of 5 stars great little record player, 6 April 2014
i bought this for my dad as a present,he loves it,just what he needed to play his favourite
records on,it certainly put a smile on his face!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›