Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 31 December 2012
Although driving games have never been my preferred genre of gaming, I must admit to having a weak spot for the Need for Speed franchise, and this game in particular. I was a huge fan of the original Most Wanted and played it more hours than I care to admit. It is truly incredible therefore that I can come away from this game seeing not only a true reimaging but an improved game. Criterion have really turned this game into a masterpiece and the graphical design and level of detail is some of the best I have seen, despite the huge number of graphic heavy games released this year. The variety of cars and locations is brilliant and because they are all open to you right from the start you are very quickly able to chose a play style that suits you. This meant that I could choose the cars that suited the way I like to race and customise them to completely unrealistic but awesome proportions i.e. My little Corvette Zr1 was able to outrun the likes of Bugatti and Koenigsegg once I had it fully kited out.

The music track is also very good and the whole feel of the game is vibrant, full of energy and very exciting. There are some small issues, like a small drop in frame rate at some points, slight spawn issues in some of the races and some slightly irritating crash mechanics i.e. crashing against invisible objects, but there are easily overlooked when you play for any length of time.

When everything comes together in this game, as it often does, it is truly a mind-blowing experience and makes you feel like a true bad-ass. Some slight polish issues were enough to dock a star but I could easily recommend this game to anyone who has an interest in the racing genre or appreciates a quality video game. Criterion, take a bow!
on 24 December 2013
Ok, this is a really great game for starters. I highly recommend buying it. But there are only two things wrong as far as I can see:

STORYLINE- None. It would be nice to find out a little more about Fairhaven, race characters instead of just cars, etc etc. In this aspect the original is far better.

CUSTOMISATION- Though performance customisation is very good, actual appearance cannot be changed. No bodykits, decals or even choosing your own paint colour (you can choose your colour online though)

Maybe if EA had looked back on their 2005 success, and incorporated the old with the new, it would be an even better game than it already is.
on 15 September 2013
just fun to play. easy game to come back to for an hour or so. doesn't get as addicting as cod or battlefield. just a great game to have fun on
VINE VOICEon 16 May 2013
Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard Edition|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Basically, Burnout Paradise re-skinned, innit.

Ok, not much of a review, rethink. I have to confess to not playing the original Most Wanted, but I was a BIG fan of Burnout up until Paradise. So, open-world racing. I LOVED Burnout Revenge, but when Paradise came out, it irritated the hell out of me. See, for me, racing games are about learning the courses, figuring out the best lines to take, shaving seconds of your time, and learning the best places to take out rivals or overtake. The whole open-world racing idea kills this factor and instead lets you do whatever the hell you want. Which is great, if you want to crash a lot, drive around aimlessly and socialise.

Unfortunately for me, I have 3 small children who have driven all my friends away, so I only really get to play single player, and a large part of Most Wanted (as with Burnout Paradise) is very geared towards community play. Don't get me wrong, the single player is great, but I also dislike that its constantly waving it's multiplayer integration in your face. I have no friends, I don't want to know, I just want to race from A to B and have a consistant race experience.

So those are the downsides. Upsides are that as with all Criterion games, handling is fantastic, the breadth of cars is phenomenal, the graphics are stunning and there are a lot of little touches that really add to the experience. It actually is a lot of fun when it all comes together it approaches the greatness of the earlier Burnout canon.

Personally though, I can't get past the open world problem. It's all too aimless for me.... Techically excellent though.
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2013
Great buy. Bought at a very good price of £13.99 and have played on it in my free time for the last 2 weeks. Love the cop chases and idea of getting pro upgrades. However I thought the game became very repetitive after the first few cars. I made my way through cars I discovered A and B and there are only about 15 races altogether. If you are going to make a game with 100 odd cars you need some overlap between races but I'd say you need at least 300 races, ambushes and speed runs. I also thought it was very easy to complete because there are only 10 most wanted cars as apposed to 15 on the first most wanted game. The most wanted races are very easy and after that when you have to take them down they go looking for you.
on 17 February 2014
Ordered this game as I really wanted to try it out...it is amazing. The graphics are fantastic although I would say I am a novice when it comes to gaming I am addicted.
on 30 December 2013
I bought this game a couple of weeks after it was released, after being persuaded by the trailers, and I am obliged to say it's very disappointing. Very limited car selection and customization. The car detail is however very impressive, but the developer has taken almost no notice to the scenery, which is extremely pixelated and dull. In addition to this, you unlock cars by finding them on the stereets, hidden away in alleys etc. meaning you can unlock very powerful cars very early on. This can be positive or negative depending on what you enjoy and how much time you spend gaming.

I would not buy this game if you are a hardcore car lover, because the physics are unrealistic and the stunts and chases are outlandish. If, however you are an easily impressed softcore gamer that is only looking for fun, go ahead, add this to cart. For despite what it lacks graphically, it makes up for in the races themselves, which are quick and fun.

I am a more hardcore gamer, that appreciates racing games like Forza Motorsport, Gran Turismo and Formula 1, which is why I didn't enjoy this as much.

Hope this helped!
To be honest I don't normally go for racing games, I'm more your hack and slash or blast the hell out of it gamer, yet when this title became an option I had friends that played the series and thought that I should try it, so I thought what the hell and gave it a go.

Firstly its definitley high octane, the graphics are pretty detailed and having the options of cars that many enthusiasts woudl just be drooling over really made this a fun title to pick up, then throwing into the mix various routes to explore, a free range mode to have a good look round as well as working out future escape routes was also fun.

But to be honest its fun for a while but after that, you need to take a break. Don't get me wrong, it is a game that occupies you, it will interupt your sleep but if you're just not into racing games it will be one that you quickly tire (or tyre) of. All round solid enough and one I'm dip into every so often but not one that I'll keep glued to the Xbox for.
on 2 June 2013
+ Good graphics
+ Cool cars
+ Quick gameplay
- No split screen
- Difficult to drive: the car is destroyed if you touch a wall, I mean, really, if I wanted a simulator, I'd have get a simulator, not Need For Speed.
- When played with the wireless controller, the car seems react way to slow when steering left/right - thus crashing all the time.
on 14 June 2014
Need for speed has allways been one of my favorite series when it come to racing games.
but this game has somehow made it boring. It feels although everything is limited in terms of upgrades,cars,tracks etc.

The cars Handling is horrible its like im being pulled towards cars and there's no way of dodging it. Then there's the cars themselves,
They do look awesome but the sound for me is all wrong and you cant even choose which colour you want it in, you sort of have to drive through petrol stations to get fixed and change colour cool, but somehow fells a bit cheap as its obviously stole from burnout paradise. The AI in this game is good, until you notice they cheat. A LOT. going through spike strips that would otherwise disable you, and then speed past you when your going 201mp like i was going 12 miles an hour.
It feels although EA have sucked all the fun out of it. It drags along a point series of races.
Most wanted where my favorite racing game series, but now EA have just ruined it.