5.0 out of 5 stars I shall have music wherever I go
Published 15 months ago by David Kirk

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, NFC is an eye candy
I have previously owned the Logitech Boombox, and now own the Altec Lansing inMotion Air Universal Bluetooth Wireless Speaker.

The design of this speaker is somewhat funny, it looks like Sony hired a group of grannies to design this speaker, hence it looks like a granny's hand bag!

Portability is excellent. It accepts x4 AAA batteries which according...
Published on 3 April 2013 by GabeLogan

5.0 out of 5 stars I shall have music wherever I go, 7 Feb. 2014
David Kirk (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Portable Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I collected this from the local Amazon locker just over a week ago. Since then I've been virtually housebound due to illness and it has been a Godsend. I can listen to Jazz Radio, Tune-In, BBC iPlayer Radio and BeyondPod all around the house. The integral handle is so convenient (though I'm constantly afraid of dropping it) that I just carry it with me from room to room. I use it for relaxing background sounds, various podcasts and talk radio as well as smooth jazz. The only modification I would make is the addition of a battery indicator as I use it a lot on batteries. So far I haven't had to change them. I keep the mains adaptor plugged in to a socket on the upstairs landing so I can then hear it from bedroom, bathroom or "office". Volume is adequate. I've never had enough volume from mobile phones, however I amplify the output. I never use headphones so speaker volume is important to me. But it's good enough. Bluetooth range seems fine. I often carry my phone away to another room in the house and the Sony still manages to keep going. So a solid five stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 May 2013
Excellent speaker with great sound, took it on my stag weekend and played it around the pool and all the lads loved it,as they all could put their music on it via bluetooth from moblies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 4 July 2013
It looks like a handbag and uses AAA batteries, rather than an internal one. Depending on your persuasion, these are either advantages or disadvantages.

Once you're past those hurdles, then if you're looking to spend no more than £70ish on a wireless speaker then I can highly recommend the handbag. It's a beauty. Easy to use, and sounds great.

There are limits, of course, at this price. You won't be filling out a room bigger than about 4x4m with it. Don't get the impression it's going to blow you away with volume. If it's bass you want then try out some more powerful alternatives.

For me, the NFC was more trouble than its worth. It's alright, but you need to download an App. Just as quick to press two buttons on my phone and connect it via Bluetooth. That way I don't even have to get up.

Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Product, 11 Jan. 2014
Sony and it lives to its name - the product works perfect - the BT pairing on the newer generation of mobiles/laptops etc. was straight forward - had a bit of a hassle connecting it with my slightly old HP laptop (but that was more the drivers etc on the laptop). Once paired, the audio output is good enough to fill a small room - don't expect top high fidelity sound like a proper sound system, but then you get what you pay for I think. The vocals are good at mid range and ditto for the bass - although when on max volume it does sound a bit faded and makes a lot of noise - which leaves a lot to be desired.

The battery backup is superb and thats something that would appeal to people who want to use it on the go, for picnics and outdoors. The facility to talk effectively using it as a handsfree system works brilliantly, and the output as well as spoken sound capture is pretty good - clear at both the ends so thats nice.

The styling is quirky and catches your eye straight away, very light weight and easy to carry around - making it a good companion for travels and outdoors.

All in all for the price I paid I would highly recommend this product. Having listened to the soundlink and other higher priced products, one does tend to compare - but then it would be unfair to compare a 50 quid product to a 150-200 quid one. A good buy...go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money!, 2 Nov. 2013
Ordered this item and had it delivered within 24 hours. Was delighted when it came the following day. Upon opening the item discovered it is smaller than expected but this nifty contraption is more powerful than expected. Easy to set up and use and was able to leave my iPhone in the kitchen and the speakers still picked it upstairs and all throughout the house. Very pleased. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 17 July 2013
So quick to connect via bluetooth to iPhone/iPad and laptop, I had this working within 2 mins of getting it plugged in! It does everything it says on the tin and the sound quality is great. Would recommend to friends, great price for this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 24 Feb. 2014
Read excellent reviews so decided to make this purchased based on them.... they weren't wrong !! fab piece of kit !
great value for money... easy to set up, neat & compact too !

4.0 out of 5 stars The carry handle is actually a really useful feature and working on batteries is great - I ..., 2 Nov. 2014
Andrew Mogford "thegibbster" (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for £45 from Currys and it is absolutely superb. The carry handle is actually a really useful feature and working on batteries is great - I would have preferred a rechargeable battery but battery life on rechargeable batteries (which I bought for the unit) is astounding.
I use this in the kitchen and outside on the patio and it's perfect for both. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Sony does it again, 4 Nov. 2014
Richard MCGUINNESS "rich_mcg" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
For such a small box, the sound packs a clear and chest-felt BOOM. Nice discreet form factor, easy pairing with built in NFC and a clear, usable handsfree device for your phone. I think it's great and love the fact that I can pull it out from the mains and carry it from room to room (thanks to the battery backup) without interrupting my favourite tunes.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gadget, 30 April 2014
bought this gadget for holidays etc . My expectations weren,t particularly high due tio the price paid .I can say,however , that this is fantastic . Unlike other reviews I do not think the sound is paricularly "tinny" . I can use this around the home and it connects very easily to ipod touch 5 th generation , iphone 4S and ipad . It is light and very portable and can easily fit into hand luggage .It was simple to connect to bluetooth for all devices . Power consumption is good too as I have only changed the 4 x AA batteries once since its purchase . If you want a medium price bluetooth speaker then you cant go wrong with this .Recommend ++++