5.0 out of 5 stars I shall have music wherever I go
Published 6 months ago by David Kirk

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, NFC is an eye candy
I have previously owned the Logitech Boombox, and now own the Altec Lansing inMotion Air Universal Bluetooth Wireless Speaker.

The design of this speaker is somewhat funny, it looks like Sony hired a group of grannies to design this speaker, hence it looks like a granny's hand bag!

Portability is excellent. It accepts x4 AAA batteries which according...
Published 17 months ago by GabeLogan

5.0 out of 5 stars I shall have music wherever I go, 7 Feb 2014
David Kirk (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
I collected this from the local Amazon locker just over a week ago. Since then I've been virtually housebound due to illness and it has been a Godsend. I can listen to Jazz Radio, Tune-In, BBC iPlayer Radio and BeyondPod all around the house. The integral handle is so convenient (though I'm constantly afraid of dropping it) that I just carry it with me from room to room. I use it for relaxing background sounds, various podcasts and talk radio as well as smooth jazz. The only modification I would make is the addition of a battery indicator as I use it a lot on batteries. So far I haven't had to change them. I keep the mains adaptor plugged in to a socket on the upstairs landing so I can then hear it from bedroom, bathroom or "office". Volume is adequate. I've never had enough volume from mobile phones, however I amplify the output. I never use headphones so speaker volume is important to me. But it's good enough. Bluetooth range seems fine. I often carry my phone away to another room in the house and the Sony still manages to keep going. So a solid five stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Sony SRSBTM8W.CEK Portable Wireless Speaker + Bluetooth - White (Electronics)
It looks like a handbag and uses AAA batteries, rather than an internal one. Depending on your persuasion, these are either advantages or disadvantages.

Once you're past those hurdles, then if you're looking to spend no more than 70ish on a wireless speaker then I can highly recommend the handbag. It's a beauty. Easy to use, and sounds great.

There are limits, of course, at this price. You won't be filling out a room bigger than about 4x4m with it. Don't get the impression it's going to blow you away with volume. If it's bass you want then try out some more powerful alternatives.

For me, the NFC was more trouble than its worth. It's alright, but you need to download an App. Just as quick to press two buttons on my phone and connect it via Bluetooth. That way I don't even have to get up.

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 May 2013
Excellent speaker with great sound, took it on my stag weekend and played it around the pool and all the lads loved it,as they all could put their music on it via bluetooth from moblies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money!, 2 Nov 2013
Ordered this item and had it delivered within 24 hours. Was delighted when it came the following day. Upon opening the item discovered it is smaller than expected but this nifty contraption is more powerful than expected. Easy to set up and use and was able to leave my iPhone in the kitchen and the speakers still picked it upstairs and all throughout the house. Very pleased. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 17 July 2013
So quick to connect via bluetooth to iPhone/iPad and laptop, I had this working within 2 mins of getting it plugged in! It does everything it says on the tin and the sound quality is great. Would recommend to friends, great price for this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic Beauty :), 6 Mar 2014
wasn't expecting much when i ordered this for the price,how wrong i was,looks like a work of art.I opted for white as it looked more classy and appealing than the black,plus the white doesn't show fingerprints as much.takes 4 AA batteries or comes with a mains lead,pairs to your device via Bluetooth or NFC,also comes with a line in,the sound isn't going to burst your eardrums but it does sound good for such a small unit,ill be getting lots of use out of this in the summer,holidays and barbecues,plus it looks very nice in the living room,if you're after a speaker that's portable,easy to use,around this price bracket and looks good then go for this,5 stars :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 24 Feb 2014
Read excellent reviews so decided to make this purchased based on them.... they weren't wrong !! fab piece of kit !
great value for money... easy to set up, neat & compact too !

5.0 out of 5 stars great gadget, 30 April 2014
bought this gadget for holidays etc . My expectations weren,t particularly high due tio the price paid .I can say,however , that this is fantastic . Unlike other reviews I do not think the sound is paricularly "tinny" . I can use this around the home and it connects very easily to ipod touch 5 th generation , iphone 4S and ipad . It is light and very portable and can easily fit into hand luggage .It was simple to connect to bluetooth for all devices . Power consumption is good too as I have only changed the 4 x AA batteries once since its purchase . If you want a medium price bluetooth speaker then you cant go wrong with this .Recommend ++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony, Excellent Build Quality, 21 Feb 2014
Ronnie Main "Ecosse" (UK) - See all my reviews
I already have the Sony Xperia Z and Tablet Z so am used to the new sharp build quality of recent Sony products.

This bluetooth speaker is no exception. Very smart with a small footprint.

3 minutes out of the box and it was alive with sound! And what a sound for such small package, surprising.

It's no Sonos guys but it certainly does not sound a third of the cost either. I did try it out in a local Curry's but this was like a set of headphones in an amphitheatre!

It does manage to fill my rooms with sound without having to crank it high.

It's got a very decent bass tone and narrative is crystal clear too.

All round, a brilliant piece of kit which will come in to use in the long summer days we're supposed to get in a few months?!

Buy this, you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 20 Feb 2014
I thought that SONY would not market a poor product and that's very true for this unit. It's an excellent speaker,very easy to set up. If your ears are as good as BOSE and you have superior acoustics all over your house then this may not be the unit for you, I guess most of you won't have so save your money and try this.