5.0 out of 5 stars I shall have music wherever I go
Published 13 months ago by David Kirk

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, NFC is an eye candy
I have previously owned the Logitech Boombox, and now own the Altec Lansing inMotion Air Universal Bluetooth Wireless Speaker.

The design of this speaker is somewhat funny, it looks like Sony hired a group of grannies to design this speaker, hence it looks like a granny's hand bag!

Portability is excellent. It accepts x4 AAA batteries which according...
Published 23 months ago by GabeLogan

5.0 out of 5 stars I shall have music wherever I go, 7 Feb. 2014
David Kirk (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
I collected this from the local Amazon locker just over a week ago. Since then I've been virtually housebound due to illness and it has been a Godsend. I can listen to Jazz Radio, Tune-In, BBC iPlayer Radio and BeyondPod all around the house. The integral handle is so convenient (though I'm constantly afraid of dropping it) that I just carry it with me from room to room. I use it for relaxing background sounds, various podcasts and talk radio as well as smooth jazz. The only modification I would make is the addition of a battery indicator as I use it a lot on batteries. So far I haven't had to change them. I keep the mains adaptor plugged in to a socket on the upstairs landing so I can then hear it from bedroom, bathroom or "office". Volume is adequate. I've never had enough volume from mobile phones, however I amplify the output. I never use headphones so speaker volume is important to me. But it's good enough. Bluetooth range seems fine. I often carry my phone away to another room in the house and the Sony still manages to keep going. So a solid five stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Sony SRSBTM8W.CEK Portable Wireless Speaker + Bluetooth - White (Electronics)
Excellent speaker with great sound, took it on my stag weekend and played it around the pool and all the lads loved it,as they all could put their music on it via bluetooth from moblies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 4 July 2013
It looks like a handbag and uses AAA batteries, rather than an internal one. Depending on your persuasion, these are either advantages or disadvantages.

Once you're past those hurdles, then if you're looking to spend no more than £70ish on a wireless speaker then I can highly recommend the handbag. It's a beauty. Easy to use, and sounds great.

There are limits, of course, at this price. You won't be filling out a room bigger than about 4x4m with it. Don't get the impression it's going to blow you away with volume. If it's bass you want then try out some more powerful alternatives.

For me, the NFC was more trouble than its worth. It's alright, but you need to download an App. Just as quick to press two buttons on my phone and connect it via Bluetooth. That way I don't even have to get up.

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 2 Feb. 2015
Excellent build quality, clear sound, unsurpassed signal throughout my home even when on the move. The choice on AA's was fantastic which last easily as long as the manufacturer states. When I go camping that choice will make the most difference to me. It's too cold to be tried outdoors at the minute but I will expect a loss in volume and bass. Don't expect very much sub bass below 75hz or the utmost in sheer quality and you will be as pleased as I am with the unit. It's lively, punchy with plenty of attack and fun to listen to whilst being natural and non boosted. Easy and informative to use (my 4 year old daughter can work it). I placed it bang smack in the middle of my front room on the hard flooring about a foot from the rear wall, it sounds great on the sofa 3 metres away. I don't really like corner placement so much with any of my gear due to muddines and echo. I noticed that the bluetooth connection sounds better than aux in. I purposely tried different quality mp3 tracks, wav and flacs on both connections. Bluetooth seems to have something which makes the lesser quality tracks come up on par slightly with better quality recordings. Not to mention louder volume! Giving a more even music sound throughout the playlist which is awesome. Although it didn't regulate the volume as much. I never tried full volume as I haven't needed to in my home. Why would you want something blasting out to the point of death and distortion anyway? That would be rediculous but I suppose a lot of people can't even hear what distortion is nowadays! Where it didn't sound quite so hot was playing an encoded version of star wars through my laptop on the jack in. Then I suppose the audio compression was down to about either 70 something or 96 due to being such a small file. Oh and I do listen to drum and bass on it alongside multiple genres and I do have a proper audio obsession and have been that way all my life. I can still hear bats outside even at my age and like to think I have a well trained ear. Can't really go wrong with this as long as you don't expect the earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money!, 2 Nov. 2013
Ordered this item and had it delivered within 24 hours. Was delighted when it came the following day. Upon opening the item discovered it is smaller than expected but this nifty contraption is more powerful than expected. Easy to set up and use and was able to leave my iPhone in the kitchen and the speakers still picked it upstairs and all throughout the house. Very pleased. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 17 July 2013
So quick to connect via bluetooth to iPhone/iPad and laptop, I had this working within 2 mins of getting it plugged in! It does everything it says on the tin and the sound quality is great. Would recommend to friends, great price for this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 24 Feb. 2014
Read excellent reviews so decided to make this purchased based on them.... they weren't wrong !! fab piece of kit !
great value for money... easy to set up, neat & compact too !

4.0 out of 5 stars The carry handle is actually a really useful feature and working on batteries is great - I ..., 2 Nov. 2014
Andrew Mogford "thegibbster" (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for £45 from Currys and it is absolutely superb. The carry handle is actually a really useful feature and working on batteries is great - I would have preferred a rechargeable battery but battery life on rechargeable batteries (which I bought for the unit) is astounding.
I use this in the kitchen and outside on the patio and it's perfect for both. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Sony does it again, 4 Nov. 2014
Richard MCGUINNESS "rich_mcg" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
For such a small box, the sound packs a clear and chest-felt BOOM. Nice discreet form factor, easy pairing with built in NFC and a clear, usable handsfree device for your phone. I think it's great and love the fact that I can pull it out from the mains and carry it from room to room (thanks to the battery backup) without interrupting my favourite tunes.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gadget, 30 April 2014
bought this gadget for holidays etc . My expectations weren,t particularly high due tio the price paid .I can say,however , that this is fantastic . Unlike other reviews I do not think the sound is paricularly "tinny" . I can use this around the home and it connects very easily to ipod touch 5 th generation , iphone 4S and ipad . It is light and very portable and can easily fit into hand luggage .It was simple to connect to bluetooth for all devices . Power consumption is good too as I have only changed the 4 x AA batteries once since its purchase . If you want a medium price bluetooth speaker then you cant go wrong with this .Recommend ++++