The triggers were at a very good price for me as I wanted to dabble with a bit of indoor flash photography without breaking the bank.
Published 16 months ago by D. PIERCE

Published 1 month ago by Martin Fisher

5.0 out of 5 stars 16 Channels Wireless Radio Flash Trigger SET with 2 Receivers LF106, 23 April 2013
D. PIERCE (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: XCSOURCE 16 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Set with Receiver for DSLR Canon Nikon Pentax Olympus (Set:2 receiver + 1 Transmitter) (Camera)
They arrived quickly and well packaged. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the build quality for the price. I intend to use them for home indoor use only and I think that treated properly they will last well unless they have an electronic failure. I thought that they would be bigger than they are having read other reviews but they are just about right. I have tested them with my Canon DSLR and two manual flashguns and they work perfectly. As I have said, time will tell as far as the longevity of innards are concerned. As they are I can thoroughly recommend them to try your hand at some indoor flash portraiture. I have given 5 stars as I can not fault them in the slightest especially when compared to much more expensive models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap and functional option., 15 Feb 2013
Better build than previous version. They work just fine at a very reasonable price.

Maximum range is a little lower than announced, but i already expected it.

Totally recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Work perfectly, 21 Feb 2013
Cheap and ugly but all works just as it should straight out the box - I have even attached a very old Sunpak G 4500 to one thanks to the coaxial in the side of each receiver.

I know that as photographers we can be real gear snobs at times but seriously, if the features on any radio triggers match these like for like why would you spend anymore cash than this. The reach is great and more reliable than slave cells as you would expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerfull, 14 Feb 2013
Bargain price especially when you consider their ability to change radio channels, and they don't need line of sight to operate.
They haven't let me down yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 12 Jan 2013
I got these as I'm upgrading to use 3 or 4 manual flashes, I'm using them with a 5D Mk II and Yongnuo 560II's.
Works well close up, but they start getting a bit intermittent more than 3 meters away, but still fire 9/10 up to 15 metres away.

Overall excellent value, and I'd recommend them to a friend on that alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Dec 2013
Rvc Rogers - See all my reviews
Nice product, worked first time out of the box, I'm really pleased with this, I can now finally experiment with off camera flash, not a bad price either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 9 Dec 2013
Arrived perfectly on time - packaged well and works a treat - superb choice for any photographer - A great buy and works a lot better than some of the more expensive brands I've used!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useable but with broken switch, 1 Nov 2013
SUMMARIZED REVIEW
The trigger set works but one receiver arrived with a permanently 'on' power switch.

DETAILED REVIEW
The four receivers each require two AAA batteries. The transmitter uses a small 12 volt battery of the type often used for wireless keyfobs; this battery can only be replaced by unscrewing the transmitter cover. The wireless link can use any one of 16 possible channels, chosen using four little switches, but this feature is unlikely to be necessary most of the time.

I've only used these items at short-range -- never more than three metres between transmitter and receiver. Subjectively I'd say that the receivers have triggered correctly at least 29 times out of 30. I presume that the occasional miss-fires that I have experienced are due to interference from other radio transmitters in the vicinity. In any case, for me, miss-fires have never been a problem since it has always been possible to simply retake the shot.

The receivers each have a small on-off slide-switch; on one of the receivers in the set I received the switch does nothing -- the receiver is functional regardless of how the switch is set, and consequently I expect that receiver to drain its batteries more quickly than the others (unless of course I take the batteries out between sessions of use).

The transmitter doesn't need a distinct on-off switch since it is only 'on' when the trigger is operated. It does, however, have a manual trigger button which can be pressed at any time to trigger the flashes.

I find myself a little disappointed that one receiver arrived with a broken switch but, overall, I'm satisfied with the set.

ATTENTION
The receivers are intended to work with flash guns that offer only a low voltage (12 volts or less) to the trigger terminals. If you have old flash guns from your film SLR past keep in mind that some models offered over 100 volts to the trigger terminals. Such a voltage was harmless to the mechanical switch in an old film SLR but will instantly destroy the electronic switch in one of these receivers.

2.0 out of 5 stars this seems a very good trigger; the distance is excellent and the flash ..., 12 July 2014
When it works, this seems a very good trigger; the distance is excellent and the flash responds as intended. However, the reliability is very poor - it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Usually it will work off the manual trigger button when it doesn't respond on the camera - and when it doesn't respond to the camera, changing to another camera body makes no difference. Then the next time I go to use it, all is well again. I guess it's a faulty transmitter unit, but because it's intermittent it's hard to make a claim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent they do the job fine, 1 Nov 2013
Excellent they do the job fine with my sony nex7photo@gmail.com camera and yongnuo flash unit
I would recommend to buy and use