5.0 out of 5 stars not for emf!! statically charged ions only!
Published 14 months ago by scott

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish. Bought 2 of them. 1 of the ...
Rubbish. Bought 2 of them. 1 of the detectors fluctuates wildly and the other one doesn't even work. As it was shipped from Hog Kong, it's not financially viable to return it. Took 5 weeks for delivery.
Published 11 months ago by R. A. Walton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars not for emf!! statically charged ions only!, 26 May 2014
This review is from: SODIAL(TM) NEW Electromagnetic Radiation Detector EMF Meter Tester (Electronics)
Its not an emf detector at all!! If you want something that detects electrical wires behind walls dont get it!!! It actually an ion detector and very good at it too. Even better for my needs normally these things are bigger and much more expensive. Needless to say I was pleasently surprised when I found that out. Easy to use great for ghost hunting because electricity has very little effect on it. Statically charged ions is what this one looks for.. gauss meter is what you want if emf fields is what your looking for

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 2 Jan. 2014
Does give you accurate meter readings of eletro-magnetic fields. Would be better if there was more explanation as to how it exactly works. But for the price, it's still a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars SODIAL emf meter., 22 Aug. 2013
P. T. F. Church "Pip" (Potters Bar) - See all my reviews
This works very well, it is not sensitive to detect minute leaks, but it will let you know if there is a lot in your vicinity. ( I found far too much near my head at night ( radio/lamp transformer/ioniser etc.). It can also be used to find cables in the wall - before you drill or nail something. would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 23 Jan. 2014
I just bought the DT 1130 EMF detector because I live off the grid and my pure sine wave inverter produces broadband interference in AM and LW radio frequences. This device relieved my fears because it only shows radiation near the inverter itself and nowhere else. Otherwise, it surely does its job. It indicates radiation next to the sockets and any cable connected to the mains. It hits red near my old CRT TV set and it goes crazy anywhere nearer than 50m from high voltage pylons.
On the other hand, it does not mention anything about what units it measures. Could it be μW/m2 ? No one knows. It would have sufficed if it indicated what the safety levels are in whatever be the units, but there is not any reference or any table in the manual. I knew all this from other reviews, so I am not disappointed. If you just want to see if there is any strong radiation nearby this instrument suffices, but if you want more precision and some reference to safety levels it may be worth spending more money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish. Bought 2 of them. 1 of the ..., 15 Aug. 2014
R. A. Walton (London, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for emf and radiation detection, 28 Nov. 2013
This simple device works perfectly for detecting radiation and emf's on a pylon that we had the misfortune of living beside for years.It gave a good guideline on household appliances to stay back from aswell,overall I couldnt fault it and I believe that every householder should have 1 of these items.After suffering from a brain tumour I know its true value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device for the price, 30 Oct. 2013
I would recommend this item to everyone that needs to check for power cables in the wall or other sources of electromagnetic radiation. I doubt the measurements are very precise though, so it may not be enough for something more sophisticated. It's a detector , not a scientific tool. Also comes with a battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars I would have liked a booklet giving info, 1 May 2015
I bought this item and another, more expensive version. When they arrived, they were identical! I went back to the Amazon page and found most of the detectors appeared to be the exact same model, albeit from different suppliers. I gave one away. The one I have seems to work, but as we have already made sure our house is as EMR-free as possible, there are few places where it registers. Our computers are attached to the Livebox by Ethernet cables as is the Devolo. We do not have 'walkabout' phones, ours have cables. As for a mobile, we have one for emergencies only and we don't give out the number. In fact, mostly we don't admit to having one. This has not reduced the quality of our lives one bit!
As for the detector, I would have liked a booklet giving info, but as it is obviously a cheap piece of kit, I'm not entirely surprised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product for good price., 25 May 2014
Perfect ghost detector for paranormal investigation. I have a this device for spirit comunication. See ghost box sesions on YouTube. This is perfect support device that ghost can interact on your commands.

4.0 out of 5 stars "I ain't afraid of no ghosts...", 18 Aug. 2014
I got some interesting results from this little machine. I'm electro-smog sensitive, and since going hard-wired on my household network and banishing cordless phones and mice, my MS has stopped!
:-D
So I bought this little unit to test for microwaves emitted by SmartMeters and mobile phones, but THIS UNIT DOES NOT DETECT WI-FI , MICROWAVES , OR OTHER FORMS OF UHF POLLUTION.
However, it does a good job of detecting mains-frequency fields. My EVO 1000W Scooter charger is a big offender, as is the wife's washing machine, and it also seems to detect wires within walls. Great value for money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›