Size: One SizeColour Name: Back To BrownChange
Price:£71.96 - £118.80

on 22 October 2013
Take it from a pro: it just does not get better than this.

I'm a retired airline pilot and have been travelling my whole life, all over the place. And I was always issued top of the Samsonite range from my employer, I have gone through more of those than I care to remember.

The other big name among airline crew, Travelpro, is of similar quality, which is pretty good; these will all stand up to heavy use.

But the Eastpak is just better. I have never had a suitcase with better wheels than the Eastpak in my life, it rolls along so super smooth and quiet. The design is uncluttered and simple too, there is nothing much to break, jam or get stuck. This thing is just made right.

That being said, if you do not find an Eastpak that is the right size or have the right features for you, by all means, do take a look at the competition.

But for top notch build and bang for the buck? Go with the Eastpak.
0Comment60 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2010
Great piece of Kit. I use it for work to transport heavy lever arch files and books and I recently used it on holiday for a road trip. It took some battering but stood up to it all. The wheel are good and sturdy, smooth and quiet. I've had other wheeled luggage that was noisy but this bag is wonderfully quiet.

My only criticisms are that the flaps that separate the two compartments do not have a means to be neatly tucked away when they are not zipped shut, instead they are left flapping about or getting in the way when they are not being used. It's not a big criticism and does not effect the overall functionality of this bag. My other criticism (more of an advice point than a criticism really) is that you have to be careful about how weight is distributed between the two compartments when you pack otherwise the bag will topple over from it's upright position if left standing.

Overall - I really like this bag. It's functional, attractive and I have no reservations at all about recommending it.
11 comment22 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2015
This suitcase seems good quality and stood up well during a recent long haul trip. Colour was billed as 'Midnight' but looks slightly green to me, although I don't really care about the colour. The main reason I have only given 3 stars here is the compartments. Most people have given this product rave reviews based mainly around the fact the case has two seperate inner compartments, and while this certainly offers some benefits (clean vs dirty clothes/warmer vs cooler clothing for multiple destinations) it also has some significant drawbacks that I feel I should highlight for other potential buyers.
Firstly, even though the compartments and the case as a whole are roomier than they look, the two compartments do restrict packing of multiple bigger items, as each compartment is only half the depth of the whole case. My reference is bottles of wine but I can think of others. Secondly, the case does have a tendency to topple over if the front compartment is too full/heavy, so even though there seems plenty of space left, you can't actually pack too much in the front section unless you want to constantly prop it up. Lastly, the two compartments means that you need space to open the case up completely in order to access both sides. So those luggage stands in hotels are no use, and you might struggle for physical space in smaller rooms.
The case itself is sturdy, lightweight and compact when empty for easy storage. It is much quieter than other cases to wheel, and actually comes with only 2 wheels, not 4, which was a big bonus for me and quite hard to find in new cases (the 4 wheel ones are very unruly on public transport!). Just be aware that the two compartments do come with some restrictions.
on 19 April 2015
Great case. Nicely built, stitching seems sound and seems ready to take a beating. I travel a lot, I'm away almost every week so my cases take a bit of hammer and this seems like it will stand up well. It has done well over the last few months and the fact that it is split into two compartments makes it very useful for me.
on 26 March 2014
I have several other Eastpak cases and they all integrate well e.g. I have a leather briefcase test sirs neatly on the handle of this bag. Very capacious. The only downside is that the bag needs to be relatively full to stand up properly I.e. Being soft sided, it needs plenty in it to sit squarely on the floor.
on 1 December 2013
Very strong and well made with lots of space for the size. Very easy to carry. The colour is lovely
on 14 June 2014
just as I was assured, this Eastpak product does not disappoint. Well made, excellent strong materials, wheels & handle smooth running, meets flight luggage max measurement requirements, looks cool (love the matt canvas fabric); lightweight.
Postage FREE! quick delivery. No hassle. many thanks!
on 29 November 2014
This suitcase survived the following:

EasyJet: Jersey, Channel Islands > London Luton Airport
National Express: Coach > London Gatwick Airport
Wizzair: Romania...
...and back again.

No damage on suitcase.

Verdict: Suitcase indestructible.
on 2 April 2015
Bought this case on a friend's recommendation and I am delighted with it. I have just returned from a trip to SE Asia which has involved seven flights, three long car journeys, airport tranfers and seven hotels. The case looks as good as new and has been more than adequate for my needs.
on 26 November 2014
Brilliant. Can't fault the capacity or the flexibility this case gives you. Hard wearing too, lugged it round South America for a few weeks and it's still good as new.