on 11 May 2013
It connects my camera to my ipad and transfers photos; not only that but it connects my midi keyboard to my ipad so now I can play with the piano apps using the DIGIFLEX USB Midi Cable Lead Adaptor for Musical Keyboard to PC Laptop XP Vista Mac

One happy bunny!

It uploads photos really quickly and seamlessly, I've put them on my ipad within minutes of taking them, which has allowed me to email them really quickly should I want to. I know that the ipad has a camera, but sometimes I prefer the functions on my main camera and the flexibility that it offers me when shooting.

By the way, the salesman in the Apple store didn't know that this device would work for midi key boards, because apparently Apple don't make their products to connect in such a manner! I was flabbergasted that they couldn't help me, and relied on reviews here to help me. I connected it to my keyboard with the DIGIFLEX USB Midi Cable Lead Adaptor for Musical Keyboard to PC Laptop XP Vista Mac Initially this cable didn't work, but for some reason on my keyboard you have to connect the OUT socket to the IN connector and vice versa, NOT the IN to IN and OUT to OUT. Possibly because its an older keyboard?

WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THE ADAPTER!
on 30 July 2014
Having made the same (and needlessly wasteful) mistake as many others, I too had previously been "conned" into purchasing a third party objects supposedly capable of dong the same job as this adapter, which, in fairness, it did, albeit just the once before it fell apart in my hands, and really rather slowly when trying to complete the transfer

Having, and again, like many others before me, got past my inner objections against splashing out what is, quite obviously the old "captive market" we can charge as much as we like price tag from the openly greedy Apple, I conceded defeat and bought an adapter, as quite frankly, I could find no other effective way of getting the large number of images I wanted from camera to IPad, without faring about using my laptop, which was taking me an absolute age, as I often shoot in RAW.

I have to admit to having been just a tad dubious having read some of others comments as to whether or not this was going to work, but having read another Canon users comments, Mr Kelly, I felt quite reassured, so went ahead and ordered one.

On connecting it up to the camera to USB cable, my IPad (with retina display) picked up the images immediately, and the download speed was amazingly fast.

I have to say, now having got hold of a solution to my problem, that despite the silly cost, I truly am so very glad that I read all of the reviews through and went ahead with buying one.
An even nicer surprise was that from the 6-8 day delivery time quoted, having ordered it late on in the day one day, I was amazed to have it delivered the very next morning, complete with free delivery, and a few pence cheaper brand new than Amazon were selling it for, so full marks and some to the seller!!

One other thing that I would mention as worth thinking about-and I THINK I'm right in saying this-I was originally going to go for the Lightening to SD Card Adapter, as at present I am shooting on SD cards, however, on thinking a little more clearly about it, I realised that should Canon change their card system again (which they HAVE across the three differing in age SLR's of their that I own, and still occasionally use) then I would've been back in the same situation of not being able to access my images.
As the one consistent is that all three camera bodies have the body to USB ended cable, I can therefore still now get images off from any of my cameras, whilst had I gone for the SD adapter, clearly I couldn't (plus it was also £5 more!)
on 11 November 2013
What's more to say? Other than that, whilst this device works, it is bloody expensive, and Apple's obsession with stopping me doing what I want with my data is still there...
on 27 September 2014
Having upgraded to latest iPhone & iPad, I was missing this little gadget. Previously i had used one of the cheap ones but it didn't lasted for long. This being genuine I have absolutely no problems.
Amazon is a great place to shop for with super fast delivery and customer service.

I use it with iPad Air 2, iPad mini Retina and iPhone 6

Pros:
1. Excellent build quality
2. Genuine apple product
3. Connects the cameras seamlessly to download your pictures. I use my Nikon DSLR D90 to port the photos.
4. Can connect to the Keyboard (Casio CTK 2000) to the MIDI interface for Garage Band. I am not an expert on this but I have tested that it works fine. For this feature your keyboard should have a MIDI interface.

Cons:
1. Pricey. As are Apple products but quality is what you pay for. At amazon its cheaper compared to other places.

Note - Stay away from the 1 Click buying option in amazon or else you will end up paying for the postage too.

Overall I am quite happy with the purchase and its a good adapter to have in the kit.
on 12 July 2015
A complete and utter waste of money. When I plug it into my ipad mini, just get the message 'device needs too much power' - and that is that. Feel very annoyed that I've been conned out of spending £25 ............. not good enough Apple, get your act together and give people accurate information about what the device can and CANNOT do ! Would not recommend to anyone.
on 14 June 2015
The product simply doesn't work for most devices. Unfortunately I purchased this before I read a website asking for help with the product. 90% of contributors said it didn't work at all with their camera/device.
on 16 June 2015
DO NOT BUY THIS "IT IS FAKE" all you get on plug in is an error message saying unsupported device for this iPad (and this was on 3 different iPads just to check it)
on 12 April 2013
Went for the official Apple cable as I need to use a bunch of Core Audio and Midi stuff (and I don't trust the cheap ones enough!) This does the job perfectly and it connected compatible keyboards and mixers perfectly.

Beware that you can't power most card readers and other USB stuff directly from the iPad - you'll need to connect via a powered USB hub. Self powered cameras and the like are fine.
on 7 December 2013
This product simply doesn't work. I have the new Ipad Air and have tried this very expensive Apple adapter and I just get the error message 'devise needs too much power' All I tried to have it read was a memory card. I am of course sending this back. Come on Apple get your act together, how hard can it be to get a simple usb adapter to work.
I just want to be able to transfer my photographs across to the ipad easily using either a memory stick or card, any suggestions for another device would be helpful.
on 15 January 2014
I did consider buying other than the Apple brand but after reading the reviews decided to play safe and ordered this one. I am so glad that I did as it is so easy to use. Would highly recommend - it is worth paying the extra for genuine Apple product.