5.0 out of 5 stars s8000
Published 7 months ago by David Clarke

3.0 out of 5 stars Great SatNav for Trucker but with draw backs.
Published 10 months ago by MrTAb99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great SatNav for Trucker but with draw backs., 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk (Electronics)
I have been using SatNavs for many years. I bought this to help me avoid weight restrictions when driving my truck. It does this well but sometime sends you much further than need be; partly due to avoiding roads that aren't restricted. The routes are shown in a quite informative fashion but are not adjustable like a TomTom unit. One very bad point is the fact that POIs can not be self generated, they must be submitted to Truck-mate. Unfortunately they just don't have any interest in doing this. I have attempted to have my own POIs (regular customer stops) converted three time from Truck mate but they don't even have the kindness to answer my emails. The Camera Alerts have to be bought separately, even though they are free on the Internet. Takes quite a while to get use to the Menu structure. As said works but no where near the comfort of a TomTom unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars s8000, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk (Electronics)
Now I've had this sat nav for a few months now i feel i can write a proper review. i will start with the bad.Remember for trucks get TRUCK NAV as there are 3 options, also sat navs are never 100% at all times. Has once tried to take me down a road with weight limits but on, it's defense i think the road had recently had it changed to 7.5 ton.also if you want to avoid tolls you have to put that in every time you put a rout in (unless there's a way i haven't found yet). Ok the good, so many but here are a few reason why i personally love this s800. The T.V is very good, normally picks up loads of channels and in the most unexpected places too like country sides. The live travel feed is also awesome, if the red car pops up on the left side it tells you if there's been an accident or a build up of heavy traffic, but the great thing is it will give you the option for divert and will take you anywhere that 40ft trucks or less can go. like i said, i am so happy with this item that you all have my full support to go ahead and buy. happy trucking guys and girls.

1.0 out of 5 stars partial review. more if fixed, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk (Electronics)
Loading crashed. All I get is a red bar with kanji. Won't let me update says not registered. Spoke to staff said it was.
When working it's ok

5.0 out of 5 stars A great device for truckers and coach drivers, 10 May 2014
I. Corfield (North East Engleand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk (Electronics)
I was a Tom Tom user but needed a sat nav. that suited my coach driving needs. Tried a Garmin of similar spec but it was not quite what I wanted. The S8000 has everything a professional driver of large vehicles would need. Set up is straight forward and the facilities provided as you drive are accurate and useful. The large screen makes it easy to glance at as you drive and the various prompts and warnings mean one never drives into compromising situations. Definitely the best piece of kit I have bought. The TV element means rest periods are covered with entertainment. The windscreen stand is robust, stable and flexible and means the screen can be positioned easily for suitable viewing. Highly recommended for the professional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snpooer, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk (Electronics)
It's the best sat nav I've ever had it dose exactly what it says on the tin ill highly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent piece of kit, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk (Electronics)
Does what it says on box cant fault it great for watching tv on with freeview and easy to setup aswell

4.0 out of 5 stars Volume level, 24 May 2014
This review is from: S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk (Electronics)
very good sat nav, presentation excellent, but have so far been unable to adjust volume it's stuck on 50%. Why?

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving the S8000 Truckmate Pro, 18 May 2014
This review is from: S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk (Electronics)
I purchased this for my husband and he loves it. He has always trucked around the country using maps now he never leaves home without his Truckmate Pro S8000. He has never used any kind of sat nav before and he is very technologically challenged, but he has found this easy to use and understand. I use it too on his days off as I just switch it from truck to car Money well spent.

1.0 out of 5 stars over rated, 26 April 2014
This review is from: S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk (Electronics)
I bought this to replace my faulty Truck pro 5150 TomTom because of TomTom's atrocious customer service, I set up the S8000 for an HGV, first you can hardly hear the spoken directions which is annoying when driving the lorry, secondly it takes it's time to update, on turning right out of a industrial estate it was still telling me to turn right to within 50 metres of a roundabout where I was to turn left, on crossing the Runcorn/ Widnes bridge it was trying to direct me into Runcorn old town ( which isn't good in a 44 tonne lorry) to supposedly to get to the M56, Runcorn is 10 mile away from the motorway, I wish I had saved my money....save yours

5.0 out of 5 stars Charging battery too much?, 24 April 2014
This review is from: S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk (Electronics)
Easy to use with extensive menu, the screen size and accessories are great. My only gripe is constantly having to charge the sat nav whilst using as the battery doesn't last long when full, is this normal? Could anyone advise me? Many thanks, Simon mee

S8000 Truckmate Pro Uk