5.0 out of 5 stars The best horror book I've read!
It was a while ago that I read this book but I remember it being the best horror book I've ever read. It really gripped me from the first few pages and I just felt compelled to keep reading. The story was enough to send a chill down you're spine while you read (unlike other horror books I've read). All in all I highly recommend this book to horror fans.
Published on 14 Aug. 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars There are characters, and there are characters..
Sisters Jenny and Lisa Paige, two sisters, return to Jenny's small hometown of Snowfield, California only to discover no one alive. The few bodies they find are either mutilated, or reveal some strange form of death. Something appears to be lingering in the darkness, on the end of all the telephones, and very quickly the truth begins to unfold. I don't really understand...
Published 11 months ago by Deckard

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It. Great Start To The New Year!, 14 Jan. 2013
Koopa90 (Cape Breton, NS.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phantoms (Paperback)
A vibrant ski-resort town turns nightmarish when the inhabitants mysteriously seem to have vanished.
Though some are found, they are not found in the best of shape. Someone, or something lurks in the shadows of the town and come nightfall, when shadows take over, you'd wish you were as far from the beautiful town of Snowfield as possible.

This is the first Koontz novel Ive read in over 2 years.
He was the first author I ever read, when I found an interest in reading in early 2006.
The last I read was 'The Good Guy' in 2010, I got 100 pages in, then put it down. It was awful (In my opinion) was going no where. I hated it.
I moved onto the Stephen King DARK TOWER novels, a Harpo Marx biography, The Hobbit, Terry Pratchett and Bram Stokers classic DRACULA.

So like I said, after 2 years, I returned to my reading roots, with Koontz. And wow. What a great read and return to one of my favorite authors.
As a teenager I used to play alot of the Playstation games, SILENT HILL. I originally came across this book as someone on a forum mentioned how the game borrows a great deal from this book, and yes, as a fan of the games, I can definitely see that now.
Foggy mountain town. Roaring sirens. Weird sounds. That constant feeling that something is hiding around every corner. In every shadow. Waiting for the opportune moment to pounce.

This book kept me wondering from the start, right to the very end.
The characters were well written and believable. The plot was solid. It kept me well engaged and wanting to read on.
And all in all. It was a good read. I really enjoyed it. A great start to the year of 2013!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good - but I haven't read a bad book by Dean Koontz, 22 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Phantoms (Paperback)
This is great in the typical Koontz style - what would you do when confronted with your worst fears? Eerie and action-packed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The scariest book ever?, 1 April 2004
P. KITSON (Hull,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phantoms (Paperback)
Prior to reading this book i'd scarely even heard of the author,by the end of it i was striving to get his entire range.If there is a word "unputdownable",then it must surely apply to this book.A totally immersive story that will draw you in right from the start.Best read at night when it's quiet for full effect,this is up there with Lightning as his very best in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but not his best, 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Phantoms (Kindle Edition)
Great story as always from Mr Koontz but it finished in a bit of a rush and a bit too neatly this time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Phantoms (Kindle Edition)
Another great book on the edge of my seat the whole time couldn't put it down a must buy =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 Aug. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Phantoms (Paperback)
This book was the first Dean Koontz book that I ever read. I couldn't believe how gripping it was, right to the very end. Every time I picked up the book and started reading I just got goose-bumps, that's how scary and exciting it was. I watched the film 'Phantoms' and it didn't even come close to the book, you need your own imagination to create the evil in this book. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes a scary novel and one that you certainly can't put down. A MUST READ!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, no more than a masterpiece..., 16 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Phantoms (Paperback)
This book is probably the author's best. For people who like modern horror stories, like King or Barker, it would be a favourite, but with one major difference: a reasonable, scientific explanation, that is usually let aside by those two authors, who would rather create a more supernatural ending for the plot. Don't miss it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Phantoms (Kindle Edition)
In usual dean Koontz style you are straight into this book and don't want to put it down. The story line is captivating, shrouded in mystery and carries you along as if you are part of the story line. A good horror story and excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Phantoms (Kindle Edition)
So good I have read it twice, and excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 17 Aug. 2001
This review is from: Phantoms (Paperback)
This was the first Dean Koontz book I read and it got me completely hooked. It was that good I could not put it down! I think it is by far his best book, closely followed by "Twilight Eyes".

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›