5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant , makes thick yoghurt with skimmed milk
Published 15 months ago by LYNDA

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I can't get this to work! I have read the instructions to the letter and have always ended up with runny results - I give up. Quite disappointed
Published 7 months ago by Mrs S

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant , makes thick yoghurt with skimmed milk, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lakeland My Kitchen Electric Yoghurt Maker (1 Litre Capacity)
I was a little sceptical when I ordered this product as I wanted to make zero fat yoghurt. However it has come up trumps. I have now made yoghurt with skimmed milk and with long life skimmed milk and it comes out thicker than some shop versions. I use 2 tablespoons of skimmed milk yoghurt, two tablespoons of skimmed milk powder and 1 litre of skimmed milk. I usually leave it overnight, about 10 hours, put it in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours and then I strain it. I had never strained yoghurt before but having read the reviews I strained it through an ordinary flour sieve for half an hour. The result is about 600 - 700 ml of thick yoghurt which is brlliant for fruit yoghurts [without the sugar the commercial producers seem to think is essential], for cooking, and as a cream replacement over fruit. The only thing I have to perfect is the texture which is a little gloupy if you know what I mean. Overall an excellent product which has been in almost daily use since I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 26 Feb 2013
This is an excellent product. With 4% fat UHT Milk it makes a litre of yoghurt for under £1 and it tastes wonderful. Add some fresh or dried fruit (give the dried fruit some soaking time) for a delightful meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Mar 2013
A well designed yogurt maker that is simple to use but very effective. Easy to keep clean. Makes perfect yogurt everytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars The yoghurt dalek, 27 Mar 2013
Very easy to use. The first batch was more liquid than I expected, drinking rather than eating yoghurt. I used naturally set bio yoghurt as the starter with fat free milk and left it for 8 hours. Since then I've left it in the machine for 3 or 4 hours longer, and separated out some of the whey by standing it in a coffee filter over a pint glass. The whey gets used up as liquid for baking bread in the bread machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yogurt maker I have ever had, 10 May 2014
If you are looking for a great yogurt maker this is the one to go for. I used to have Severin yogurt maker and it was so fiddly to fill all the little jars. Plus after a while it started overheating and I couldn't make my yogurt in it anymore. Based on the reviews I bought the Lakeland one and I could not be happier. It's so easy to make yogurt in this, that I make it all the time. I just use two table spoons of life yogurt, put it in the big container, add 900 ml full fat organic UHT milk (so no heating required) stir it and that's it. Less than 5 min of work! After 8 hours I have a delicious, creamy, thick and healthy yogurt. If you add some fresh fruit (l love using mango, papaya and blueberries) to your home made yogurt with a bit of honey your fruit yogurt will be million times tastier and healthier than any yogurt you buy from a shop. It will also have higher count of life bacteria and you know what your yogurt contains. No chemicals, additives or preservatives just pure natural and life yogurt. To make one litre of yogurt will cost you less than a pound. Would highly recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A replacement for an old one, 11 Mar 2013
I knew what I was after, because I have had a similar yoghurt maker for around twenty years. This one behaves in the same way and reliably produces lovely yoghurt. Can recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it!, 12 Jan 2014
Really easy to use, just need few spoonfull's of natural yoghurt and whatever type of milk you want. Leave for 8 hours and you have gorgeous creamy yoghurt.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 10 Jan 2013
I eat a lot of yoghurt so decided it would be cheaper to make my own. this machine does exactly what it's supposed to. I have experimented with different types of milk and find that full fat uht is the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the review indicated!, 15 May 2013
Machine is small, simple, easy to clean and makes delicious yogurt. It arrived on time. Totally positive purchase! Thanks, Lakeland!

4.0 out of 5 stars Yogurt maker, 17 Jan 2014
Advise anyone who buys this to not go on the recipe given. I use powdered milk; UHT milk, and several spoons of
yogurt to start, and leave in for about 9 hours.
worth trying half the recipe, as I did, worked well.
I would recommend this product, but work out your own recipe... depends on which starter you use I suppose
- I use greek set yogurt, and love the end product

Lakeland My Kitchen Electric Yoghurt Maker (1 Litre Capacity)
Usually dispatched within 4 to 5 days