5.0 out of 5 stars Draper Heavy Duty Loppers
I have only used these loppers for a couple of weeks but already they have proven their worth by allowing me to tackle some very woody shrubs with ease.

Published on 7 Jun. 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Loppers
These loppers are excellent for the price and can cope with thickish branches, however I find the telescopic handles to be nuisance. The extending mechanism is easily activated during normal use and it makes it take twice as long and it's frustrating. I'm considering buying another pair with fixed handles for low and mid level work.
Published 14 months ago by esme

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper Heavy Duty Loppers, 7 Jun. 2010
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

The stems in question were very thick and I normally would have needed to use a saw to have any chance of getting through them, so the shrubs were left, the wood continued to harden and the job became more and more challenging. Then these wonderful loppers arrived and the task of cutting out lots of dead wood became an absolute breeze.

The extending handles are very easy to use, with it being possible to extend (or shorten) and tighten both handles at the same time (pointing the loppers up or down as part of the process). The lock on the handles was a definite click and each handle remained at the length I had selected for the duration of each job. The jaws are very strong and cut through everything easily. I also found that the padded handles removed any risk of blisters due to prolonged use.

I am very, very impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to make these great value loppers last longer, 1 Mar. 2012
I bought these loppers to replace an identical pair on which the anvil cutting bar had worn out with lots of heavy use. This anvil is made out of a soft material so that it doesn't blunt the blade too quickly. Then I discovered you can buy replacement anvils at Lawson-HIS.co.uk for £0.99 + postage (I bought 5 to bring the postage cost per anvil to a reasonable level). Now instead of getting through a pair a loppers every couple of years I can make the same pair last a decade or more. The product reference to ask for is Draper 65694 DRAPER SPARE ANVIL & SCREW.

5.0 out of 5 stars loppers, 15 Jun. 2010
Mr. R. H. Cole "Ric Cole" (St Albans herts UK) - See all my reviews
This is the best piece of equipment I have had for cutting hedges. It will cut through anything with ease. Even branches 1 inch thick. The extendable handles are a boon for getting to more difficult areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 25 Sept. 2011
I've always been a reluctant gardener up until recently, but due to my aging parents not being as physically able as they once were, their garden was getting a touch wild (okay, it was getting VERY wild), and it's fallen to me to do something about it. As a result, I've thrown myself into it with some gusto and I'm actually starting to enjoy it!

I'd initially borrowed a workmate's bypass loppers and had good results, but as he wanted his back (he was getting it in the ear from his wife as his own garden started to become overgrown), I thought I'd fork out for a pair of my own. I opted for a set of anvil loppers as I'd heard they were better for thicker branches - I'd also heard that anvil loppers sometimes crushed rather than left a clean cut, but that seemed a small price to pay.

Today was the first time I'd used them in anger, and as the task was getting a very large holly bush under control, it was no small test - the loppers cut through everything I put before them, including several very thick 'sprouters' (no idea what else to call them - they're just thick trunks that are heading vertically towards the heavens at an alarming rate of knots from the top of the bush). Whatever they are, they were a good inch and a half thick and the loppers went through them with some ease - I had to put my back into it, I admit, but the loppers never felt as though they were going to fail. The (very quick to adjust) extendable handles are a godsend too - without them I'd have been balancing on a precarious stepladder or similar. The cuts were very very clean - no sign of the 'crushing' I'd heard about.

They certainly feel well made and should last for many years - only time can be the judge here, but I certainly feel that they shouldn't need replacing for a good long time.

At the time of writing, these loppers are a steal at just over fourteen quid, and with super saver delivery I think they're a really good buy. If you need loppers, these are more than up to the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Help Around the Garden, 19 July 2010
Doodle (North Lanarkshire) - See all my reviews
These Loppers are excellent for small branches,shrubs and out of control climbers and honeysuckle!!! They are relatively light weight and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper Anvil Loppers, 24 May 2010
H. Peel (Layer-de-la-Haye, Essex) - See all my reviews
These loppers are the best I have purchsed to date. They are not too weighty as I am what you would term a "young female senior citizen" now and when extended for those higher branches it holds its extension! Not like my previous pair that kept collapsing on me. The price was very realistic also. At least a third/half lower costing than well known garden center prices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 10 Nov. 2010
Very pleased with these. They cut through thick branches with little effort. The telescopic handles are very easy to use even while balancing on a step ladder. Think they were very good value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper 50678 Loppers, 16 April 2010
Good strong product which arrived a few days after the order.Used them to lop through some pretty thick branches which they did with ease.Easy to extend and even the handles felt robust where other cheaper products would have either bent or snapped.I would certainly recommend these and would buy other Draper products in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loppers, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Draper 28720 Heavy Duty Telescopic Anvil Loppers with Steel Handles (Garden & Outdoors)

5.0 out of 5 stars Anvil loppers, 1 Jun. 2010
A very well made item that did a superb job on my overgrown trees. Telescopic handles especially useful but at times tended to loosen and shorten. However longer reach enabled me to get right over the top of the hedge and lop on my neighbours side. All in all a very good well priced tool.