4.0 out of 5 stars Man toy - Draper 70 piece Screwdriver Set
I purchased this kit for my hubby as a cheer up present for his post holiday blues after coming back from a month in Australia to UK January winter. It worked immediately. He was like a little kid playing with a new toy set.

Published on 21 Jan. 2010 by Kasey J

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great!
Good selection of screwdrivers with (primarily) comfortable handles, all in one box with a place for each item so I don't need to rummage around to find anything.

I didn't give the item 4 or 5 stars because the green handled phillips screwdrivers are most uncomfortable to use as the handles are hard plastic and have a square profile; and the screwdriver that...
Published 1 month ago by David Parker-Bastable

4.0 out of 5 stars Man toy - Draper 70 piece Screwdriver Set, 21 Jan. 2010
Kasey J "Kc J" (Australia/London) - See all my reviews

All the tools are good quality. The case gives incentive to put things back where they go, which is great for wives or housemates. Screwdrivers in the kitchen and lounge room don't make nice ornaments although some blokes would disagree.

There¡¦s a really cool twirly thing that you can use to screw around corners. Hubby¡¦s already tested it out and loves it. There¡¦s a long magnet thing in the shape of a pen that opens out in length like a radio antenna. You use it to pick up screws and stuff that you¡¦ve dropped down a nook and cranny where you can¡¦t reach. The magnet is strong too. Other than that all the usual different sized and headed screwdrivers and stuff. Excuse my technical terms.

The only reason I gave this a 4 star was because I think the case is a little bit soft on the inside and one of the screw drivers (the biggest one) could fit a little better. But its ok and shuts perfectly and I¡¦d still buy it again for myself or as a gift. The price with the quality is excellent.

Well worth the price and a very handy accompaniment for anyone¡¦s tool kit.

Hope this helps º
kc

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, 27 Feb. 2009
D. A. Hume - See all my reviews
I got this set a few weeks ago. I am an HGV mechanic and have been using them every day. All this for the price of one snap on driver seems good to me. They are proving good and sturdy so far plus all the bits and the bit driver are really handy, and a telescopic magnet. Dont know how you could break these on an ikea set as stated in a previos review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper screwdrivers, 14 Sept. 2008
A. Stoddart "Alan Stoddart" (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
I was highly delighted with the Draper screwdrivers. There is no point in my itemising what the set contained because that is already given in the product details and in Mr Ahmed's review. I am a DIY person rather than a professional but have used plenty of screwdrivers over the last 50 years and have never had any as good as these. Originally, I bought them to leave at my mother's because the appropriate ones were never there when I needed them. Once they arrived though, I decided to keep them for myself and use my old ones there instead! Superb value for money, quality items and excellent box in which to keep them.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the screwdrivers you'll ever need!, 30 April 2009
Ronnie Rosbotham (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
Got one of these sets recently to replace a mixed bunch of screwdrivers that I had used for years. Not only did I replace everything with this set, but I managed to get some new bits as well. For most home uses you will never need to buy another screwdriver or bit, and these are fairly reasonable quality. For the money these are a "no brainer" and perfectly adequate for the home DIYer. Whilst not a "professional" quality set they are of decent standard and packed in a good robust plastic case for safe storage.

Definitely recommended and I was so impressed with them that I bought a second set for a present for my son!

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality screwdriver set for all applications, 28 May 2008
Having wasted loads of money on previous screwdrivers which wear out easily, this set is money well spent.

As expected from a make like Draper, the screwdriver tips are chrome vanadium and magnetised so will unscrew screws with ease and without damaging the head. Being magnetic means you can offer / extract screws without them falling into some obscure unreachable crevice! The handles are rubber for maximum grip and colour coded with corresponding info and symbols on sides and top to aid easy identification of correct size/type.

There are screwdrivers of all sizes, including a precision set as well as a magnetic telescopic pickup tool, electric mains tester and flexible twisting driver for getting to those awkward screws/bolts at tight angles!

All conveniently supplied in a blow moulded case means you can use and then store away your set without losing items or misplacing them.

Great value, especially at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Value, 28 July 2009
A really good value set of drivers. It has everything you need as the casual DIY'r. Even comes with a set of splines, a multi driver (with stacks of bits) and magnetic pointer to retrieve screws from small gaps.

Warning, the rubber's pretty nasty smelling when new :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Drapers, 26 Dec. 2008
Ms. R. Tagg "rach" (england) - See all my reviews
My dad asked me for a basic screwdriver set for christmas, not knowing anything about DIY i went on the name drapers and seeing such a resonable price!!! My Dad was delighted with it when he opened it!!!! I would definatly buy this product for others, and buy other drapers products being sure that they are good quality!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for someone setting up home, 14 July 2009
S. Fallon (Bracknell Berkshire) - See all my reviews
As expected from a well known name the quality is excellent. Great selection of screwdriver heads all securely held in a robust case. I would recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tool kit for someone with no tools, maybe for every home., 2 Nov. 2011
**EDIT** After 3 years

So I've had this 3 years rolling on to 4, and it's only now starting to wear (As in, the grip on ONE Phillips is loose).

Now I wouldn't go ahead and say it's a super-high quality set, because it's not. But it is durable. No problems with heads chewing up, magnets still strong, nothing missing, still looks clean and new.

I wouldn't recommend it for someone looking for high quality tools. But it's £20. For everyday things, I'd recommend every home having a kit like this. Instead of searching the house for a screwdriver that probably won't fit the screw, this kit solves 95% of home tasks.

It's ridiculously useful, if you have no tools, get it. If you have an old screwdriver lost in 'the Man drawer', get it. If you use tools regularly, maybe get this but look at expensive kits too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Poppins Tool Box!! Perfect., 30 Aug. 2010
I was looking for something to get my partner for his birthday. Seen as he is always upgrading his PC or modding it i thought he could do with some proper tools! and these are PROPER tools :) I came across this glorious item, it was perfect. It was what it said it was. A good item for hardware junkies alike but also i say its handy for any other type of handy work. All the pieces are magnetic which i was actually looking for and they are very high quality as expected by Draper. There is a vast range of screwdriver heads and sockets to match anyone's needs. The grip is comfortable, you feel like you got it under control. He was very happy and so was I. It's a well made, sturdy product. Very handy box small enough to store away. Very reasonably priced for the quality :) 5 Stars :) Girls any man who likes tinkering would love this. I recommend!