5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints
I've been using this set for years but, having given my original away as an emergency Christmas kindness, it had to be replaced.

Well, I bought another one, so you can guess I like it.

Published on 30 Dec 2010 by Dibble

3.0 out of 5 stars Draper Screwdriver and Bit Set
Published on 15 April 2012 by John Linnell

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 30 Dec 2010

Well, I bought another one, so you can guess I like it.

It contains all the odd little stuff required to dismantle mobile phones, laptops, techy toys, etc. Just ignore the price - if it was twenty quid then I'd still buy it - never had a problem with the tips giving way or spoiling a screw.

The only thing that would be better would be individual drivers for accessing very deeply recessed screws - that would be bulky and a *lot* more money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 10 April 2011
It is very good value for money here...
I use this toolkit mainly for pc building/laptop use. The bits are all there the screwdriver handle could be a bit more sticky but otherwise a very good value for money set.
PS - This is not meant for heavy use, if you are lookning for something a little more tougher/stronger then spend more money, this set is very good for the handy little jobs. Lot of bits.

Very happy customer!

3.0 out of 5 stars Draper Screwdriver and Bit Set, 15 April 2012
The set is very nicely designed, tidily boxed with well ordered and accessible bits; the 'handle is a very good size and fits very comfortably in the hand, with a nice enough grippy rubberised coating. The range of bits is good too, everything I am likely to need, so very good to have around. The negative though is that it lacks the precision engineering the name boasts. The bits themselves, although held in place well enough magnetically so that they don't fall out, are rather loose in their housing, and on first use, I found the 'OO' crosshead screwdriver was not a snug fit into the screw (on an Apple Mac computer, so there was nothing wrong with the screws). Therefore the screwing action was rather sloppy, making it harder to gauge exactly how tight one was setting the screws. The magnetism in the bit was only just enough to pick up the screws, in fact wouldn't pick up longer screws.

The weaknesses are all manageable and it's unquestionably a very handy set to have around, just 'unsatisfying' to use on high precision kit. Could have been so much better, though in fairness, perhaps not at this price.

1.0 out of 5 stars the magnet came off, 22 Oct 2012
hardly used the item and then suddenly the magnet came off from the main part so none of pieces stay firm in the fixture anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy set of miniature screwdrivers, suitable for most small metric screws., 20 July 2011
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Draper 28722 Precision Screwdriver Set (31 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)
The thirty different metric bits all fit into the single handle with a 4mm hex socket. The bits are retained by a magnet so cannot easily fall out, but a well fitting screw-head, eg a hex Allen screw, can trap the bit enough to overcome the magnet.

This is not intended as a heavy-duty set, and the slim grip on the driver handle does not encourage great force. The swivel top has eased with use, and now, after some initial stiffness, allows the driver body to rotate quite freely when spinning the screws by fingertip while bracing the top in the palm of the hand.

The plastic case is a resilient polythene, and it still grips the tool bits rather too strongly, even after several weeks of intensive use. I think the weakest parts are the clasps that hold it shut, but so far they have survived.

The product description has some minor errors (as I write) and I show the corrected lines below
4 cross slot bits, sizes: no. PH00, PH0, PH1 and PH2
7 x hexagonal bits, sizes: 1.0, 1.3, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0 mm
Tri-winged security bit: no. 0 (3.0mm)

I've owned a similar metric set from Draper for a number of years, but recently lost it, and this replacement fills the gap in my small-tools box perfectly.

For simple, long, slim jeweller's screwdrivers I still also use my seven-piece Moore & Wright jewellers screwdriver set in the plastic tube - alas not listed on Az.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very practicable, 11 Dec 2012
I bought this to help with repairing small repairs, but unfortunately the metallic holder is not magnetised, so consequently, the bit simply falls out of the holder when attempting to use it. I suppose that I could use a bit of blue-tac to secure it, but that's not really what it's intended to do. I suppose that you just get what you pay for. A cheap product that's cheaply made!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 18 Sep 2012
Nice packaging and a great range of heads but very poor quality.

Two of the screw heads twisted and deformed on first use.

Returned for refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bits fall out, 12 Sep 2012
Unless I'm missing something the supplied bits fall out of the holder. I believe the holder should be magnetic, so it looks like this is faulty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Let down by soft screw bits, 17 Feb 2014
I bought this primarily to use on laptop upgrades. Used the Torx 5 screw bit to open up a laptop, and then the same bit to replace the screws. Despite using what I would say is normal pressure to screw/unscrew, this particular tip twisted and has become unusable. Very disappointing considering I used normal pressure and only on a few screws.

The box is strong and easy to open, and the bits well organised. The black/blue handle is comfortable, with a central core which moves independently of the outside which allows you to easily twist the screws simply by moving your fingers (rather than your whole hand) without releasing pressure off the top - very useful. But frankly what's the point if the bits are not adequate. Sure I have just used the one bit, but I would be reluctant to use the other bits, particularly the smaller ones, as well.

I am returning it to Amazon for a refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good screwdriver, but fustrating getting into the container, 26 Mar 2013
TaGordon (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Screwdriver itself is beautiful, but I needed a seperate screwdriver to get into the plastic container that holds the screwdriver and the bit set!! Even after I had opened the box, and given the plastic clips, that lock the plastic box, a bit of a wiggle, I still find they are so darned tight that I can't open the container with my fingers. I had to get a larger screwdriver from my toolroom to get it open!!! Out in the field I would need to carry an extra tool to open the container. Think I may just chop the plastic clips off and resort to a large rubber band!!

Draper 28722 Precision Screwdriver Set (31 Pieces)
7.60