4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, good quality recordings but fussy with SD Cards, 31 Jan. 2013
Mr. G. Simpson "Wolf" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contour ROAM2 Action Camera-1080 pixels (Electronics)
After the failings of the Contour ROAM with its inherent microphone fault & next to no sound pick-up, I wasnt to sure if this was any better & for a while I thought it was true.
Once charged & inserted the 32 GB SD Card I had in the 1st Version Roam, all seem well until I tried to record an hr+ & SD Card failure light appeared on the camera. So check Card & worked fine in everything else, tried again & Card failure light came up again & again & again. So I tried another smaller SD Card & worked well, managed to get 3hrs of recording on a 16GB Card on lowest Resolution setting & plenty of room to spare. The quality at the lowest setting was fantastic & plays back well on the PC.
It really is worth getting & software you download is simple to use tho editing I found using Windows Live Movie maker was better. As for SD Cards, do get the brand names for this camera as it really is fussy on what you put in. I've now managed to upload 1/2 dozen videos on YouTube already in under a week & got some great filming of me cycling in the snow. Definitely worth the price I paid.

Update: Contour support was very helpful & gave me ways to check card, was found to be faulty. But I also found the full charge doesnt last much more than 3 1/2 hrs so I will stick with the 16GB card as I also found the lowest settings for recording are more than adequate for picture quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, well worth the money, 20 Oct. 2014
Joshua (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contour ROAM2 Action Camera-1080 pixels (Electronics)
Second contour roam2 I've bought, lost the first one out riding. Well worth the money, better IMO than the GoPro (when you look at bang for buck, at least), and generally lower wind noise than any of the rectangular cameras on the market so better for riding.

Negatives:
No audio input socket, only onboard mic - my workaround is to use a cheap bluetooth kit and record audio to my phone if I want to talk while filming at speed.
Battery indicator location means you have to remove camera or helmet to see if you're running low or your storage is full.
Not waterproof, but rain resistant.

Positives:
Great quality video
Good quality audio at low speeds and/or in a non-motorcycle environment
Slider is very easy to use in motorcycle gloves
32GB Micro-SDHC card works fine, no complaints but needs to be a high speed one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 8 Aug. 2014
Maureen Hunter (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contour ROAM2 Action Camera-1080 pixels (Electronics)
Bought as a birthday present for my son and he is delighted with the results of his photographic recording efforts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Aug. 2014