4.0 out of 5 stars good product with a few minor issues
Delivery was very fast, it arrived sooner than I expected.
I like the item, however there are a few technical issues buyers should be aware of: the scroll wheel is not very sensitive, it can be difficult at times to select a particular song, as the selection often jumps past the song you want.
Also, the bottons themselves are not very responsive. I sometimes...
Published 19 months ago by kalysha92

3.0 out of 5 stars cable faulty
The item arrived exactly in time, althoug it was only days till christmas, but the connecting cable to the computer was defect and Ionly could charge the Player with one of my cable. Works well now.
Published 18 months ago by L Barthelmes

4.0 out of 5 stars good product with a few minor issues, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: TechNiched 8GB Super Slim 5th Gen MP3 MP4 Player with 2.2" LCD, Camera, FM Radio, Shake, Gravity Sensor, Touch Wheel & 30 Pin iPod Connector Interface (Electronics)
Delivery was very fast, it arrived sooner than I expected.
Also, the bottons themselves are not very responsive. I sometimes have to press a button twice or three times before it responds.
Apart from that, I am happy with the player, the colour is very snazzy (cheerful cyan) and the headphones are a very nice design.
I would recommend asking for a proper user manual from the seller, as the one provided is not very helpful, most of the information is common sense.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Wee Gadget, 25 Nov 2012
Having seen the price of an ipod and all the hype about those units I discovered it was out of my price range, it took me a while too discover this item but I have too say it is sound. I would like a proper operating manual for it becuase I really am not good with new technology, however the people at TechNiched (Tim) has been extemely helpful with tips and offering further assistance if required for 25 I beleive it is value for money. They also advised the unit would take a while to arrive from ordering date due to non stock, but it arrived earlier than expected and has played well with no problems its just the manual I need???

Dougie

Scottish Borders

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW So much for so little, 7 Feb 2013
Wow.....This is not going to be a full review of this little gem as the features this little player has are too many to mention. First off the service from Techniched is 1st class. Ordered on the 6th, arrived on the 7th via RM recorded. Took advice and emailed for the manual on the 6th and recieved it later that evening, thank you Sarah for your speedy reply. Will buy from this supplier again. Very happy.

The player is to replace my MP3 player which still works fine but its from the stone age and the scrolling display is smaller than a AAA battery and too hard for my eyes.

I've owned an Ipod Touch 2nd Gen and loved it for many of it's features, but vowed never to buy another Apple product for one reason. When I buy the item I want it to be mine. When you buy from Apple they own you with the restrictions they put on the device, then forceing you to register it with your life history before forecing you to use the long winded and depressing itunes.

Ok rant about Apple over............Now this player is cheap and abput all I wanted to pay for a device the throw in my pocket to play music and have a big enough screen that I could read. I've only had the device for a few hours and if you're used to Windows drag and drop, then loading this with your media is as easy as dragging your files onto a memory stick. That's it, dead simple and the way I like it. The screen is rich and the menus have so many menue with more and more advanced features. The product description hardly covers all of this little gems features. The sound is great, the feel and look is great. For the money i was exspecting the moulding to be a bit poor and edges not to match up properly, but for the money I was paying I was only interested in it doing the job. Well I can tell you that it's first class for a replica of a Nano. The build quality and the finishing is flawless. I did not buy it for its other features but I will say that video playback is crisp and loud, and the screen for video will no doubt be fine for younger eyes. I took a couple of photos of my garden and a short video clip. Now remember this is not a digital camera, but to be hoonest they are good enough snaps and has features such as sepia, negative, indoor, outdoor etyc etc, the most common ones that you find on your digital camera. No flash means your pictures will be better outdoors on a bright day, but hey just for a few snaps if you've forgot your camera then this will atleast capture the memory and the video recording is good and also lets you pause and resume while recording without having a bunch of video clips of a few seconds. I use this player with my Phillips earhook headphones because I cant stand those earbud things, but my daughter tells me that the ones sent with this player are realy quite good and the sound she said is not far off the quality of her JVC earbuds. To sum up, this is not an Apple device and for that reason it does not cost a fortune and does not come with all those great apple restrictions like Itunes etc......What it is is an extremly good clone of a Nano with a nice menu system and and the easy was of dragging and dropping your stuff to and from the device. Combine that with the build quality, the 8gb of storage and the perfect cisstomer service. Then this is a must for anyone that wants quality at pocket money prices. I will update my review in a month or so and let you know how the player is doing.

******* Update *******
My USB cable would charge the player but Windows would not pick it up. That was no real problem as my old Ipod cable cable to the rescue. I emailed to say that the cable was faulty and I was just making them aware of it and I did not require a replacement cable as my ipod cable was doing the job. Within hours Sarah emailed to say that she wants me to be 100% satisfied and insisted on send me a replacement cable. The following day (today) I recieved a 1st class bubble envelope containing two, not one, but two replacement cables and a compliments note from Tim. Now it's service like this that makes you have the confidence to shop with this company again. It's the first time that I've had my emails answered outside of office hours and that's been both times. Perfect service and after an evening loading up the player (just drag and drop), I've found even more settings. I don't normaly harp on about gadgets, but for the stupid price then this is a dream. Thanks Sarah and thanks Tim for the two cables....one of which my daughter has already stolen as a spare for her ipod.

--------------- UPDATE -----------------
The player has started locking up when navigating the menus. It also forgets the time and date when you bring it out of standby. Unit is now back with the supplier and I'm waiting on them to tell me what can be done. Will update this as soon as I know more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value iPod style mp3 player, 23 Jan 2013
A value product that was offered at a very competitive price. The build quality is not to a apple standard but it is good enough for the price in my opinion. Comparison with apple is not really fair as big gap in price range too. Using the product takes a bit of getting used to with trial and error as documentation is not strong.
Also comes with a useful set of accessories too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent customer service, 15 Jan 2013
I had a problem with a faulty cable, when I contacted the company they were very efficient and pleasant to deal with, very apologetic and replaced the cable with 2 cables. Very good customer service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money and excellent customer service, 9 Jan 2013
I wasn't too sure what I would get with this and had bought it as a present for my husband.

Stores a very large amount of songs on this mp3 ad husband very happy to sit flicking through ones he likes. His only comment on the negative side is tht it does appear to have its own personality but considering this costs less than 30 is very minor.

We did have faulty earphones but as soon as this was reported new ones were shipped out to us and worked perfectly.

Overall we were very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little mp4 player!!, 27 Dec 2012
Great little mp4 . My daughter loves it!! Great price . She has had hours of fun already on it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 11 Dec 2012
I ordered this little mp4 player for my grandson's birthday, it looks very nice and he was delighted with it. After playing it for a while it needed charging again and would not take a charge, I contacted the sellers, TechNiched, and they were very helpful and sent a replacement as quickly as possible-took about 4 days in the pre-Christmas week. I was very impressed. New unit is charging fine. All in all looks to be very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super MP3/MP4 Player, 30 Oct 2012
I am delighted with this product. This is my 1st experience of portable music! Easy to use and sound quality is better than I expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous battery that loses charge, 30 Oct 2013
The item has been in use for a few weeks. To start with the positives -the product is pleasant to look at and handle. It has good sound quality for music. The camera, the extras (calculator, calendar, stopwatch, etc), languages available are also adequate. Navigating through the menu is easy. The memory is very adequate.
I've given it the rating of 1 star for the following reasons:
- battery depletes a bit too quickly - even after following instructions for charging
- getting videos onto it are a hassle due to the format that it requires. It does not allow for the use of the "regular" video formats - wmv, avi, flv, etc - tried all and it does not work.
- whilst navigating through the menu is easy trying to enter can at times be an issue as the cursor slips - eg. trying to enter video facility, when 'ok' button is pressed it can slip to photos facility.

Avoid it if you can - though it has good aspects the battery in particular lets it down. Expect better quality for the price.