5.0 out of 5 stars SO GOOD I HAD TO WATCH IT TWICE!
This is one of the most complex and compelling of Tarantino's films, and will appeal to his dyed-in-the-wool fans and also those interested in the subject it addresses - slavery. Django is the story of a runaway slave who was caught and punished. When the film starts he has been separated from his wife and sold, and is chained to other slaves being dragged across the...
Published 14 months ago by Linda

3.0 out of 5 stars Tarantino's comic-book revenge western has sharp dialogue & fine performances, but is it really just a juvenile splatter-movie?
In `Django Unchained' Quentin Tarantino continues to fictionalise history, as he did so successfully in `Inglorious B's'. Here he brings his violent comic-book style of film making to the period of black plantation-slavery in the pre-civil war southern states of the US.

Essentially DU is a fantasy-revenge western containing all the clichés of that genre...
Published on 21 May 2013 by The Guardian

‹ Previous | 152 53 5487 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars .Exciting film, 8 Feb. 2014
Barrie Wigg (Swanley, Kent) - See all my reviews
Exciting well acted film, well worth watching. Somewhat violent however , so be warned if you are of so not like cowboy films.

3.0 out of 5 stars I can't see what the fuss was about, 21 Jan. 2014
Victor Meldrew Mk2 "stefan morawiec" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I purchased this item in order that I could see what all of the fuss was about and waited about 5 months before I broke the cellophane and watched it. Classic Tarantino, lots of gore with a predicatable ending.

It wasn't bad, but I felt that it wouldn't be something that I would watch again and I can see it ening in a charity shop before much longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film, 19 Jan. 2014
I think I need to watch it again to get what they talk about in the film, very entertaining film still.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 18 Jan. 2014
I watched it, I thought it was okay. I wouldn't watch it again and it went to the charity shop. There is nothing really in this movie to recommend, it is what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the favourites!, 17 Jan. 2014
I personally loooooove this film, and Jamie Foxx. Mwahaha. This was a great present for my grandad and he had never seen it before too - bonus!!! (Movie freak) Thanks a lot for the fast delivery and good packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth seeing, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Django Unchained (DVD)
Just a great film, reccommend to anyone who likes action and thrills. Very good acting. Thoroughly deserves the press received

3.0 out of 5 stars Tarrantino Unchained, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Django Unchained (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2013] (Blu-ray)
The first half of this movie is definitely the best. Jamie Foxx is a little weak in the lead role and doesn't quite hold your attention. The other big players - Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio - were both good, tho Caprio did seem to struggle in a role against type and didn't always convince. The film overall is really watchable and quite interesting, but then comes the senseless and tonal shifting violence at the end that doesn't quite seem in sync with the rest of the films steps. Anyway, not a bad film but for me a little overrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film for a male!, 27 Dec. 2013
I bought this for my grandad for Christmas and he loved it. He loves western films and this modern film was right up his street!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 Dec. 2013
I like the Clint Eastwood westerns and had heard Django compared to some of these so I was looking forward to watching. I'm disappointed though. Django is a dull character and the so called supporting actor steals his thunder. In fact, until Dr Schultz is killed you'd thing Django was the supporting character. I didn't feel Jamie Foxx had any screen presence and a comparison against somebody like Clint Eastwood is completely unfavourable to him. The story is also a bit long winded and seems disjointed in parts. It might seem a minor point, but the director makes a cameo towards the end and basically stands around looking extremely awkward, I'm not sure what he was wanting to achieve there and it put me off even more. I didn't think it was a terrible film but compared to the classic Spaghetti Westerns this really doesn't fare well. I'm surprised about the hype it received.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too long, 13 Dec. 2013
I know Westerns are often quite long affairs by nature. Once Upon a Time in the West and The Assassination of Jesse James.... being both very long but also very, very good. This effort from Tarantino is a great film but it's just too long and disjointed as a result. I also loathe Jamie Foxx. DiCaprio and Waltz are on fine form but Foxx doesn't seem to be in on the party. Michael K Williams (Omar in The Wire) would've been perfect for the role.

‹ Previous | 152 53 5487 | Next ›

Django Unchained (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2013]
Django Unchained (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2013] by Quentin Tarantino (Blu-ray - 2013)