5.0 out of 5 stars A great all rounder
Just a quick review.

Published 8 months ago by Danno81

1.0 out of 5 stars Commedy of Errors
I ordered the ET2701IUTI in November 2012, which I am donating to the Royal Hospital for Neuro Disability (RHND) in Putney.
Published 17 months ago by Harpreet

5.0 out of 5 stars A great all rounder, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Asus ET2701INTI-B012K 27-inch LED All-in-One Desktop PC (Intel Core i7-3770S 3.1GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB HDD, Touch Screen, 2x USB 3.0, Blu-ray Writer, TV Tuner, NVIDIA GeForce GT640M, Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit) (Personal Computers)
Just a quick review.

This is a great all round system and a worthy work horse if you want to add touch screen simplicity to your workflow. I would not recommend it if you're looking for hardcore gaming action (you may want a dedicated tower with your own selection of hardware for that) but you should be able to play most modern games on a medium-ish setting without too many issues.

It could really do with an SSD though to make everything extra fast but that would add to the price tag and reduce storage capacity if there was only room for one storage drive.

To summarise: This is an elegant machine that would suit both office work and casual home environments. I wouldn't recommend any all in one PC though if future upgradability or high power computing is something you want. You should get a tower if that is what you are after, but you sacrifice a little aesthetic elegance in doing so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus all-in-one desktop, 18 Sep 2013
excellent screen, makes photoshop elements much faster than my old laptop. My only criticism is that USB ports at the side and back are not easily accessible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Asus ET270 1INTI-BO12K, 1 April 2014
I am very impressed with Asus.
The Desktop PC is powerful and meets all the required challenges I have thrown at it.
.Very fast, impressive response and great clarity.
Down side its a beast to carry. But will highly recommend it for any consideration

4.0 out of 5 stars Blue, 16 Feb 2013
This pc does not have a HDMI out, so it's blue ray facility is only usable on the pc. I tried to link it to my 42 inch TV using a USB to HDMI adapter. For your information see below emails to the adapter manufacturer. The Asus is a very good pc, however the built in microphone is poor.

Dear Plugable Technologys,

I have a Asus ET 2701INTI-BO12K all in one pc (with NAVIDIA GE FORCE GT 640M graphics, version 9.18.13.697 and an i7 processor).
I bought your usb to hdmi adapter from Amazon and it was delivered on 14th February 2013. It installed without any problems and displayed an image on the PC and my TV. The PC and TV are both 1080p. I tested the system with a DVD and was please at how well the TV adapter and PC worked together to play this format. Great sound and picture quality, far better than my old DVD player, I was impressed. I can sit in front of my 42 inch TV and access all the programmes from my PC, with the Asus wireless mouse and keyboard, Fantastic!

However, my Asus PC has a Blue Ray player. I then inserted a Blue Ray disc into my Asus PC. I expected the information to be on my Panasonic TV but the disc only displayed on my PC. I was informed that HDCP was stopping my system from working. I did not know what this was but after some research, I discovered it was a form of digital rights management.
Does this mean that I am unable to use the blue ray facility from my Asus PC on my TV, or is there a solution? Please help me out!

Yours sincerely

Blue

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

Roze (Plugable Support)

Feb 15 09:40 (PST)

Hi Blue,

Thanks for contacting us! I totally understand what you are saying. The reason you are not able to play Blu-Ray disk on your TV using our adapter is in fact content protection. The content on Blu-Ray is supposed to be protected.

Some computer systems enforce Windows Media® Digital Rights Management (DRM), and do not support the protected content passing through a USB port. As the system does not allow protected content to pass through USB ports, it will not play the video properly on external monitors connected through USB Graphics.
We expect you to see this issue on any USB to HDMI Adapter (not just ours) that is connected to your system. You would not be able to play Blu-Ray contend on your TV via a USB graphics adapter. Sorry about that!

Product Quality and Customer Satisfaction are top priorities for us. We never want customers to be stuck with products that are not right for their need. So we offer 30 day hassle free returns via http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/returns/homepage.html . If playing Blu-ray disc via the adapter is important to you, we recommend you return the product for a refund as this product will never be able to provide the functionality that you are looking for.
If you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products, please do feel free to shoot us an email. We are here to help!

Thanks!

Regards

Thank you Roze for your quick response.

Although I am unable to play blue ray through your system to my TV, your system has many other uses and is a great product. You are not having it back!

The looser here is the blue ray industry, who have lost my custom. They and or Micrasoft have ruined a good product with their aggressive digital rights management systems. I can credit their stupidity, what is wrong with watching paid for content (bought from AMAZON) on a TV via a pc.

Thanks again!

Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Commedy of Errors, 20 Feb 2013
I was told that it may not arrive before Christmas but soon after; the estimated delivery date came and went. I spoke several times with customer service who are always friendly and try to be helpful. I was assured that it would be shipped before 23rd Jan but there was no luck there. Then on the morning of 23rd Jan I receive one of Amazon's promotional emails which included the Asus ET2701INTI-B012K at a very competitive price and was the one I wanted to buy in the first place in November but was too expensive. So I cancelled the order for the ET2701IUTI and placed an order for for the ET2701INTI which was delivered the next day. Happy days you might think......er no!
A week later I took the ET2701INTI to the RHND where I unpackaged it and mounted it to a stand, after set up etc, I thought I'd check the spec because the box didn't have any info. Lo and behold I had been sent the wrong product, it was the ET2701IUTI model which I had ordered all the way back in November, but I had now paid for the ET2701INTI, which I still haven't received, and while customer service might be nice and polite, have been completely unable to resolve the issue or come back to me in weeks. Amazon owes me and the RHND a huge apology and more, I feel so frustrated with Amazon I may have to take it to trading standards, which will infuriate me because my time like most people's is precious!

I suggest Amazon makes a LARGE donation to the RHND as a matter of good will, and send me the correct product, it can't be too hard, right now it says they're are 5 in stock, so pull your finger out!!!!!!