4.0 out of 5 stars Working well so far with Windows 8
Published 10 months ago by S Green

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy for Windows 8
I bought the Prolite T2452MTS. The x-res did not work properly and today IIyama technical support told me the model is not supported under Windows 8.
Published 22 months ago by Mark Davies

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy for Windows 8, 9 Nov 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Working well so far with Windows 8, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Iiyama Prolite T2452MTS LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)
I've had this about a week at this point, and so far I've got to say I'm pretty happy with it. The colours look pretty crisp on maximum resolution, the screen is nice and sensitive and it looks very nice. I've got it working with Windows 8 - including x-res. The only issue I have so far is that Windows 8 relies on you swiping in from the edges - with the thickish screen boarder, it can be a bit tricky to get the knack, but once you've nailed it, it's fine. Finger prints don't seem to be an issue so far, and from where I'm sitting, I can't see any even though I do use the touch-screen features a lot. I've got so used to the benefits, I've found myself trying to swipe at normal monitors. I like the good range of cables it comes with - supplied with USB (for the touch screen), DVI and VGA - although it could have done with an HDMI in the box, but that's not a deal breaker for me. It also comes with a nice touch pen mounted in the side of the monitor. Mine came with a European plug but as I have spare UK power cables from other old monitors, I just used one of them instead. I did a fair bit of research before buying (Nov 13) and at this time, I think this is excellent value for money. I have mine mounted on a good Vesa (100 x 100) Cantilever Mounting Arm so that I can pull it forward over my desk, and leave extra room for a keyboard. Makes it easier to touch too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Why it has European plug, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Iiyama Prolite T2452MTS LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)
The monitor itself is good but it was delivered with European electrical plug and I have to buy an adaptor nothing mentioned about that in the product information

5.0 out of 5 stars My first touchscreen monitor and so far so good..., 31 July 2013
R. F. Crawford "Reality Break" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I'm very pleased with my new 24" touchscreen monitor. It's a good size and works perfectly. The image is crystal clear and looks great.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD AND GETTING BETTER, 26 Jun 2013
A. H. Lees "The Watcher" (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Iiyama Prolite T2452MTS LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)
you have to install the drivers from their web site, windows 8 now boots and I swipe the screen upwards, it puts a numeric panel onscreen and I input the pin number, away we go, this all happens within 12 seconds of hitting the power switch

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, inadequate information, 15 Feb 2013
Mr. Neil Warland (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Iiyama Prolite T2452MTS LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)
This is a great monitor, is fine for use at normal desk distance.
I am using it as an external monitor to a laptop with Windows 8 Pro.

There is a lot of uncertainty about this monitor on the web. Google 'hit' entry eg for Pixmania site that Windows 7 and 8 are supported, but when you follow the link into the detail it explicitly says only Windows 7 is supported. More sites say it (touchscreen) is not supported under Win 8 than those that say it is supported.

It took me a week to find out the truth. I could not get touch working with Win 8. Was it because the monitor was a secondary? Iiyama site has only drivers for Win 7 and backwards, and does not say anything useful about Windows 8. Did I need to find a way to force Win 8 to use Win 7 driver? Iiyama lamely state the Microsoft mandatory requirements for Win 8 touchscreen compliance, and that this monitor does not meet these standards.

The truth is, normal touchscreen does work on this monitor in Win 8. When I set it up I missed the significance of the line "in order for HID to work it is necessary to connect the monitor by usb. I didn't register what HID is for a while. Why don't they say it in plain terms: to get the touch working connect monitor to pc with usb. Win 8 detects automatically.

2nd gripe: the screws attaching the stand to the vesa holes are too short to use for the wall mount I use. No other screws supplied. There is no mention of the gauge (hole size) of the screws / bolt. They seem to be about the same as light switch fittings (tiny!). I have lots of spare bolts but none that size. Unfortunately the screw holes will accept larger screw size - the fourth screw threaded. It seems the holes are formed in light weight soft alloy - you've been warned!

Otherwise brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars iiyama prolite T2452MTS-B1 Touchscreen, 31 Jan 2013
The assembly was straight forward and using it on my Window 7 laptop was a breese. The screen response was very good. I used it as I was creating a database and wanted to move the project up a level and this screen did not fail to impress.
The screen was very clear. I have used it on the internet and impressed with the results.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a touch screen that was not expensive and an alternative to buying a tablet. I was considering a tablet but most of my work was at a desk, I made the right choice.

Iiyama Prolite T2452MTS LCD Monitor