5.0 out of 5 stars Google Nexus 7 tablet case upgrade time!
Purchased a Belkin soft case for some initial protection but needed to find a good hard case for the long term. Settled on the Speck after the usual ton of reading (reviews).

This case is a perfect fit, has the screen on/off feature when closing/opening the case, has a bunch of viewing angles and generally looks great.

The construction is really good...
Published on 29 Dec. 2012 by Adrian Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a very tight fit.
Nice case which looks good and provide excellent protection. The sleep function works well and the stand functionality is also a nice touch.

Published on 31 May 2013 by ajw_1974

5.0 out of 5 stars Google Nexus 7 tablet case upgrade time!, 29 Dec. 2012
Adrian Smith (South Coast UK) - See all my reviews

The construction is really good and the stitching is perfect. The closure/clasp works well and feels solid when it snaps shut (it's even angled down slightly to give a bit of tension).

Lastly, the holes for the power/vol/headphones/USB/speaker are perfectly placed for ease of use. There are even two mini holes for the mics.

Definitely worth all five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second purchase of this case, great product., 17 Sept. 2014
I had the previous version of this but after a Lot of use the plastic corners snapped off and my ipad was a little unsafe being held in by the sides alone. This new model is identilcal in build and quality apart from the old elastic fastening is now a plastic catch which you have to squeeze to secure. I am not keen on this type of fastening but getting used to it. I am very pleased with the product and it is a perfect replacement to my old one. I chose purple since this was >£10 cheaper than the black one (!!!) and I quite like it being a different colour to my old one. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill for the Nexus 7, 18 Jan. 2013
I looked at a number of cases and read all the reviews, but chose this one. Fits very well indeed and is not bulky at all. I like the fact that the case grips the sides rather than encrouching on the actual screen, which I believe would collect dust etc. Good value for money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case but with one major problem, 18 Jun. 2013
Peter Lee (Manchester ,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I decided to buy this case for my Nexus 7 as the one I've been using for a while was starting to look a bit scruffy. First impressions of this case are excellent - it is well made, has a nice finish to the exterior and interior, and it holds the Nexus 7 securely in the plastic "cup" that forms the back. There is a strong-looking plastic catch that allows you to snap the case closed, and it has the automatic switch sleep / wake feature many other covers have, which puts the Nexus to sleep when you close the cover and wakes it when you open it. Once opened you can fold the cover right back to use the Nexus with one hand, or you can use the cover as a stand, grooves in the interior serving as "latches" to keep the tablet at a good viewing or typing angle. It seems very nicely made, and has all of the relevant openings for accessing the power and volume buttons, headphone and USB connectors etc.

It was then that I noticed the issue. I charge my Nexus at night by placing it in my Asus Nexus 7 dock, so when I pick it up in the morning it is fully charged and ready to use. However, unlike my old cover the Speck FitFolio doesn't allow the Nexus to fit into the charging dock, so when I want to charge it now I have to either remove the Nexus from the case (not a major problem, just fiddly and could possibly weaken the case) or stop using the dock which isn't a great solution!

All in all it's a nice, well-made case, but if you use the official Nexus 7 dock you may wish to look elsewhere. I'll probably use this case when I go on holiday, but for general day to day use I'll stick with my tatty old one. A shame, and for me a disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cover. Purple colour is a little dull, 19 Oct. 2014
Good cover. Purple colour is a little dull, but the quality of the cover is very good. it protects the corners, the controls can all be accessed and I have had no problems with the magnets that control the locking/unlocking. This is on an iPad 3. My previous cover kept waking my iPad, resulting in a flat battery in the morning and the worry of a very hot device that was a fire hazard. The cover can be wiped clean and looks smart.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a very tight fit., 31 May 2013

The main issue I had was when I attached it to my nexus 7 it was such a tight fit it actually prized the two halves of the nexus 7 apart by 2-3 mm. That was alarming to say the least. No harm done but that is why I am only giving it 3 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but flawed, 11 Feb. 2014
Initially I thought this was great. However after just a few months light use the cover started to crack along the fold line, and the magnet in the cover makes the nexus go into sleep mode when it's folded back on itself. I don't use the case any more, which is a shame admit fits well and looks nice (until it started to split)

5.0 out of 5 stars Speck Nexus 7 Case, 28 April 2013
I have purchased a number of cases for my Nexus 7 - unfortunately they have all failed to live up to expectations. I have researched many cases but a lot of the higher quality cases come with a premium price. I saw the speck case in a shop and was surprised by the quality of the case considering the price. Checking on Amazon I found that the price was almost 60% that of the high street price. The case arrived and it was really easy to put the nexus into the case. I saw a number of reviews which said they found it difficult to take the nexus out of the case and that the case had damaged their nexus. I had no problem taking it out of the case and there was no damage so not sure what problems the other people had. The case is really a pleasure to hold and has now been in use for 3 weeks - the quality is clear as there are no problem with the stiching fraying or the case deforming. My only regret is not getting this case earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Specktacular!!, 10 Jan. 2013
My wonderful Hubby brought me this for christmas after seeing it on my wish list! I have spent time (and money) trying to find the perfect case for my kindle touch - and this is it! The previous case that I was using was a 'Trendz' one. It was nice, but the kindle did not sit square in the case and the front cover was wonky.

I cannot fault this Speck case! I had hoped to find an ipad style (smart) case for the kindle and this is it! The elastic bungee closure means that there are no bulky straps or press studs to ruin the design of the case. The bungee is also handy when folding the cover back to secure it in place.

The colour is gorgeous. The case fits perfectly without the risk of the kindle falling out. It has a nice feel and doesn't add unnecessary bulk to the kindle.

Long story short, it's Specktacular! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Slimline case works very well, 14 Feb. 2014
This fits the NEXUS 7 very well. All the holes & slots are in the right place and it puts the tablet to sleep every time the lid is closed. I've had this for a while now and it is showing signs of ware on the edges. Nothing unexpected though. The closing catch is still going strong, considering it gets opened and closed many time a day. The four positions for propping up the tablet are a minor issue. The highest and second highest positions work fine. Position three can slip at times and the lowest position just slips all the time. You can only tilt the tablet horizontally with this case. I guess that it would be a bulkier design if you wanted it to tilt vertically too. I just hand hold it in any case and I like the way the cover folds right round the back if needed.