5.0 out of 5 stars In vino veritas...
An indispensable little guide to wine that I now refuse to be without! Clear, concise, detailed and full of information without being patronising, this gem of a reference book comes highly recommended (especially the sections on matching wine to food, sparkling wines and the glossary of terms). 5 stars.
Published 21 months ago by Tubbs

3.0 out of 5 stars Better as a book, easier to use.
Published 12 months ago by Whitenotes

5.0 out of 5 stars In vino veritas..., 5 Oct 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable as ever, 4 Oct 2012
I have bought Oz's Pocket Wine Book for many years and I will continue to do so as I am never disappointed. The annual updates are so useful, as well as the indispensable 'best years to buy', new producers are added as well as current information about lesser known regions. I find the vintage charts really useful and rely on them when buying my wine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably avoid this on the Kindle, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Oz Clarke Pocket Wine Book 2013 (Kindle Edition)
I bought this for my Kindle.

It's perfectly reasonable, but to be honest, it is a faff to search for stuff. I know that this sounds daft, given that the Kindle indexes every word in a book, but it just doesn't quite hit the spot.

When I've had previous versions of this (and Hugh Johnson) in book form, I've found them much easier to flick through, and certainly easier to browse when in a wine shop.

So, a good book with a format that I find doesn't really translate well to the Kindle platform. However, on the plus side, the good thing about this is that when I'm travelling overseas, I'll have a pocket wine guide on tap, so to speak, to help me decide whether the wine on offer looks reasonable value.

(A tip though. Open a wine guide, even on a Kindle, in a top notch French restaurant and the maitre d' will probably put a steak knife through it. Or you!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Better as a book, easier to use., 1 July 2013
This review is from: Oz Clarke Pocket Wine Book 2013 (Kindle Edition)
The problem with the Kindle version is that it is difficult to go to particular sections for reference. For example, If you want to look up, say, 'merlot', there are so many references in the 'Search this book' section of the menu that it takes a while to find exactly what you want, whereas in the book there are headings that are easy to follow on each page. Also, there is, of course, no colour section.
The content of Oz Clarke's book, however, is very comprehensive and informative.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as useful as I thought it might be., 8 May 2013
plenty of detail included, but don't expect to find too many of Oz's favourites on the shelves of your local Tesco.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super pocket book, 13 April 2013
As a pocket guide, cannot fault contents and layout. Quick to use and informative.
For an 'ol' git' like me, the print is a bit too small.....

5.0 out of 5 stars wine book, 27 Feb 2013
I always buy this book for my brother and obviously he's pleased with it. Very pompt service and well packed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent book but shoddy print quality, 7 Feb 2013
The content is ok but the print quality of the copy I received was terrible and makes me not want to thumb through it for information. The print on some of the pages are 'shadowy', making it a real pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 27 Jan 2013
Just as it describes itself-perfect stocking filler for my husband, he loved it. Lots of details an information to help learn about wine

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Jan 2013
Oz Clarke's Pocket Wine Book 2013

Brilliant as usual, did not let me down. Have all of them on my shelf.