5.0 out of 5 stars I feel better already.....
I came to this DVD on the recommendation of a friend. I'll be honest I was sceptical - I can barely touch my knees without bending my legs! I've always loved the idea of doing yoga, but have been scared away from it by my stiff knees and hamstrings.

Published 14 months ago by S. G. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars A good work out.
Enjoyed the format of the yoga sessions and its a good work out, unfortunately I found her voice to monotone, so have turned down the volume. Liked the little cook book though.
Published 10 months ago by J. Stone

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel better already....., 24 Jan 2013
S. G. Williams (usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roxys (Leyla from Emmerdale ITV1) Bite Size Yoga Define & Tone - 6 x 15 Minute Workouts - Fit For Life Series [DVD] (DVD)

I AM SO GLAD I BOUGHT THIS! Roxy's bitesized, 15 minute workout are a joy and I can already feel a difference in my flexibility and posture and I've only had it a week. The first three sections are "energising" and you definitely feel like you're working hard, which is great if, like me, you're looking to incorporate yoga as a decent workout. My muscles definitely knew they'd been worked the next day.

Following these workouts come three "relaxing" sections - long, deep stretches of muscles I didn't even know existed. I am sleeping better than I have in years now that I'm doing this on a nightly basis.

It's challenging for a beginner - but in no way impossible, and Roxy tells you to stay in the easier poses if the ones she advances to are too much for you. But I'm loving what it's doing to my body already. And to my general well being. It's amazing how much clearer my thinking is if I've done this in the morning. I could take on the world!

THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS DVD, for me, are the instructions. I've dabbled with a couple of yoga DVDs before and there is nothing worse than having to look up and check that you've got your leg in the right position when you're trying your best to hold a downward facing dog! Roxy is clear and concise and if you REALLY listen to her, you'll soon find you're not looking at the screen at all. This also makes you feel so much more adept than you are - you'll soon be imagining you're Shiva Rea!

I'm so glad I discovered this - finally a yoga DVD that I feel I'll stick to. And from what I can gather from my friend, who practices yoga fairly regularly, it's challenging enough for all levels.

Basically - GET THIS DVD. I think it might just be something that's changing my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., 26 Jan 2013
I have a really busy work schedule and am also a mother of one so finding time to work out and relax is always difficult. This DVD combines both and as each section is only 15 mins I can do it before and after work. So happy I found it as I am already seeing results. There is also a little surprise inside of an awesome vegan recipe book. The vegan pancakes are a massive hit with my daughter and the spinach curry...wow! I can't recommend this enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing yoga dvd, 10 April 2013
This is brilliant! I chose this particular yoga dvd from researching all reviews and was not dissappointed. Very easy to follow and i thoroughly enjoy it and for the first time in years have got myself in to a proper exercise regime. I like the fact that it is split in to 15 minute sessions so you can fit around you and just do the 1 session or as many as you like. From doing daily I have noticed the difference and importantly feel better too.
Highly reccommend to those who want to tone up and unwind from those stressful days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow but still challenging, 22 Oct 2013
I have only gone through the DVD once but will be using it whenever I can't get to a class as Roxy seems to know and understnad Yoga and she performs the poses to a very good standard.
The 15 minute sections are good as they allow you to split your workout as and when your time demands.
Easy to follow and a good all round Yoga workout.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 18 Oct 2013
Myself and my boyfriend really enjoy this DVD as a way of stretching after a run, and the stretches really work, I can't believe how flexible I now am after doing the exercises 3 or 4 times a week since I purchased this about a month ago.
The commentary is a bit annoying, but the routines are very effective, and you do get better with practice like Roxy says!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - especially the stretches, 18 Oct 2013
I'm not familiar with the actress but had read an interview with her in BodyFit magazine and thought I'd give the DVD a go. I do a lot of weight training and cardio and was looking for something more 'relaxing' to complement my current workout regime.
I like the style of the DVD as well, it's very simple and well explained.

I've done some yoga before, the moves on the DVD are challenging in parts but I like this as it means I have something to aim for.

It's split into sections so you can choose one or do a combination of them - the first 3 being more 'energising' and the last 3 being more 'stretch and relax'. I personally do the last 3 more as the moves really help when I'm stiff from my other training - I suffer with tight hip flexors and after a session with these, I feel so much better and ready to face another intense weight session the next day.

Great if you are looking for an introduction to yoga or just wanting to try something different.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for when you haven't got much time, 23 May 2013
I have several yoga DVDs and this is one I often come back to. I specially like the second half (3 workouts) - meant for evenings but good for any time. I don't do the energetic first half much as I am 72 and often don't have the energy. One niggle, it carries straight on to the next section so you can't lie and relax afterwards and you can't get back to the root menu easily. Mostly OK for beginners. I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars first time yoga purchase, 14 May 2013
I loved this, the six sections are all excellent, they are challenging but very enjoyable to do I'm now a yoga addict.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep fit, 26 Feb 2013
I am only just getting into this but so far so good. Very easy to follow well thought out and instructed would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Feb 2013
This DVD is worth its weight in gold! I find these things really really difficult to follow and always get stressed out worrying if i'm doing it wrong and craning my neck to see the screen whilst attempting the movements.

Rox makes this so simple, her voice is very calming, and she describes how things should feel, which really helps if you are trying not to watch the screen. The recipe booklet inside is a great addition, really simple and really tasty.

I have only been doing this for 12 days, and I can really see the difference in my body, and feel so much more confident and positive.

Thank you for this incredibly positive addition to my life!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›