5.0 out of 5 stars Best Deal I've Seen!
These Hunter wellies are the best quality product that can be had.
The colour in the picture (Iris) is accurate and the price (51.99) was extremely impressive - especially considering the unusual colours usually sell-out at the full price (around 69.00)

Published on 12 Jan 2011 by TigerLilly

2.0 out of 5 stars Hunter wellingtons
I have been wearing Hunter wellingtons for 40 years and they have been up and down in quality several times. Some years ago they got very thin and weak. Then they started making them in Scotland by a dipping process and these were very strong. These are characterised by rather wavy lines at the back, white plastic labels on the soles and especially by no seam in the cloth...
Published on 31 Dec 2009 by Mr. A. D. Ashley

‹ Previous | 1 2 392 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 14 Nov 2012
Bought a pair in April and the top of the boot has already withered and split by November. So they have had summer use only. I agree with the other reviews that cover poor quality. For the price a complete failure.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hunters declining quality, 4 July 2012
I bought a pair of Hunter orginal tall wellies for my wife last year and within 6 months small cracks appeared in the rubber across the top of the foot. Unfortunately I neglected to contact hunter straight away so forgot about it as the summer arrived and then in the autumn when the wellies come out again i contacted hunter only to discover the 12 month warranty ran out the previous month. I argued the facts with hunter and agreed I had not contacted them within the warranty period however they eventually agreed to look at the case. I wrongly assumed a reputable name like Hunter would agree their was a defect in the manufacture but the unbelieveable answer that came back was " the scratches on your boots appear to have developed over time as a result of wear, as these do not develop naturally within rubber" therfore calling splits in the rubber scratches neatly dodges the warranty claim. Very disappointing, i had used Hunter personally for years but have heard a lot more stories similaer to mine so would not recommend these to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless..., 31 Dec 2009
Just recieved a pair from Wellie Warehouse. Only walked the dog around the block in light rain and both boots leaked. Out for about 30 minutes and got home with wet socks.They will be going back first thing tomorrow. A huge disappointment. : (

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Deal I've Seen!, 12 Jan 2011
These Hunter wellies are the best quality product that can be had.

Would have liked to have known whether the boots run true-to-size; I had to look elsewhere to find out that most reviews say a size down would fit with normal socks but would possibly struggle to wear with thick socks.
I am normally a ladies size 6 (euro 39) so ordered this size and am very happy with the fit.

Extremely happy with my new Hunter Wellies. 10/10

2.0 out of 5 stars hunter wellies now made in china, 18 Jan 2012
Iv'e been a wearer of hunter wellies for as long as I can remember,but the quality of them now is absolute crap,found out there now made in china,but still cost the same,didn't mind paying for quality when they were made in scotland, but never again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 22 Nov 2009
I have owned a pair of Hunter wellies for only 15 months but already the left boot is letting in water. Very disappointing. Have had cheaper wellies which have lasted much longer. Would not buy another pair of Hunter wellies.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgraceful quality considering the Price!, 11 Jun 2011
Lynne (Gateshead, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these wellies believing as they were so expensive they would last a lifetime. Previously I have had very cheep ones from local supermarket which I have to say did the trick but I wanted ones that looked more stylish. Unfortunately like others have experienced they ended up cracking around the ankles and let in water after 12 months. Bearing in mind I only wore them over the winter very poor quality. I'll be going back to my cheap and nasty ones!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste Of Money, 4 Jan 2012
Bought brand new pair in August 2011, went back after about 4 weeks as the heel got a puncuture & started making Squelching noises, second pair supplied in Sept 2011, the heels have both worn down & have puncture holes in them, only wear to walk the dog approx 1 hour per day, not happy, would not buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only buy if you have long thin legs!!, 31 Aug 2010
Lesley Helm "DivaChicken" (Liverpool England) - See all my reviews
Love Hunters - but this model is only good if you have long thin legs else they will pinch the back of your knee IF you can get them on............best try Huntress

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, 7 Feb 2011
I've been wearing Hunter Wellies for riding and mucking out horses for the last 15years. In fact I still have the first pair as a spare which have been great. I purchased my second pair about eight years ago which have also been great and only got replaced 15 month ago due to been worn on calves after riding in them almost every day. However my last pair of Hunters where a present from my husband and right from the start they felt different, but I thought it was probably just me not being used to new boots. Over the last few weeks I started to feel dampness in my left welly and now I found a crack and it looks as if its about to perish more and more. After having read other reviews I don't hold out much hope of getting any satisfaction from Hunter customer service department. Ah well they will loose another customer and I will tell my friends how awful they are now.What a shame that another great British company has gone for the cheaper manufacturing option but still charging twice as much as some other wellington manufacturers.In these times of austerity Hunter would do well to remember their customers, and provide the quality they where known for. I suppose if your after a pair of fashion boots which you only wear to go to the odd festival or two, Hunters will fit the bill with their different colour boots.

‹ Previous | 1 2 392 | Next ›