1,125 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Deal I've Seen!
These Hunter wellies are the best quality product that can be had.
The colour in the picture (Iris) is accurate and the price (£51.99) was extremely impressive - especially considering the unusual colours usually sell-out at the full price (around £69.00)

Would have liked to have known whether the boots run true-to-size; I had to look elsewhere to find out...
Published on 12 Jan. 2011 by TigerLilly

2.0 out of 5 stars Hunter wellingtons
Published on 31 Dec. 2009 by Mr. A. D. Ashley

2.0 out of 5 stars Hunter wellingtons, 31 Dec. 2009
I have been wearing Hunter wellingtons for 40 years and they have been up and down in quality several times. Some years ago they got very thin and weak. Then they started making them in Scotland by a dipping process and these were very strong. These are characterised by rather wavy lines at the back, white plastic labels on the soles and especially by no seam in the cloth inside. If you can find a pair, they should last. A couple of years ago Hunters nearly went broke and now the boots are being made in the far east and not by the dipping process, despite what some suppliers tell you. Some of them were never told about the change and some have even rejected them when they found out. There were containers of them sitting at the docks in Britain for months having been rejected. The foreign ones are very neat at the back and have seams in the cloth inside. As a director of Hunters admitted to me, the new ones are not nearly as strong as the Scottish dipped ones. I think it is an outrage that people are still charging about £60 for these boots. They will begin to crack after literally just a few days use. There is no hope now that they will ever be making them properly again. If you want a pair for one year at Glastonbury, OK, but for serious use they are a complete waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hunter, the disposable welly, 6 April 2011
My last pair of Hunters were the original, green wellies (when Original meant original, hand made in Scotland). They fit like bespoke kid gloves and they gave me more than 15 years of comfortable-as-slippers, leak-free service. They probably walked 100's of miles over tarmac, concrete, sand, mud, through water and the sea and I often rode horses in them. Despite the high price tag, they were money invested and I swore I'd never wear any other wellies than Hunters after that... Until, they moved their manufacturing to China. I was completely shocked at the speed at which my latest pair gave up the ghost, after just over a year. I'd NEVER buy another pair of Hunters again, I've heard the same complaint about the Chinese-made Hunters over and over again. They're not what they once were, you are paying for the brand and NOTHING more. Hunter, if you read these reviews, get your act together, your loyal customers are dropping like flies and no amount of catwalk exposure will entice them to put their feet in your boots again until they see 'Made in Scotland' back on that label.

1.0 out of 5 stars Splitting boots, 2 Dec. 2009
H. A. Roberts (Dorset. UK) - See all my reviews
Had a pair of Hunters for over 6 years, with bo problems, but the last two pairs of Hunters I purchased recently both failed after about 15 months - cracking badly around the ankle. Made the mistake of getting yet another pair, which did not even make 12 months. Same problem. The quality is just not the same. My trusty old Dunlops are now 10 years old, cost a tenner and are still going strong. Hunter - unless you listen to your customers and do something, it will be the end of your company. Shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wellington Disgust, 24 April 2012
Having purchased these wellingtons just over a year ago. I was shocked to find the rubber becoming thin and the sole extremely worn with minimal use. The boots have split and AMAZON have refused to offer any compensation or replacement as the product did not appear faulty within the first 30 days.... Hunter are also unable to assist with the poor quality of their product as the boots are now over one year old. It seems as though Hunter will be relying on their name for a short period of time and customers shall be looking at more reputable manufacturers. Barbour do not seem to have the same problem....

1.0 out of 5 stars Hunter Wellies, 7 Oct. 2010
Thanks for the warning - I had my first pair of Hunters for 22 years, and have now been through 3 pairs in 5 years just walking the dog. The last 2 pairs have split across the sole. They are not what they were and I shall be looking for an alternative.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hunters Original High Gloss, 14 Sept. 2010
I am very disappointed with the Hunters Wellies, I have had 2 pairs within 12 months and both have worn thru on the sole, I wear them for about an hour a day and walk on various terrain. You can buy a cheap pair of wellies at a 3rd of the price that will last as long as these.

2.0 out of 5 stars 18 months in...., 14 Nov. 2009
Until recently I loved my wellies, but in the past couple of months both heels have split therefore letting in water when out walking in wet weather, leaving me with wet, cold uncomfortable feet. I thought they would have lasted a lot longer than the 18 months I've had them. In the past I've bought wellies at a fraction of the price which have lasted just as long!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Total Disappointment of Hunter Wellies, 8 Dec. 2009
Hunter Boots are obviously living off their previous good reputation for great wellies. The current Hunter wellies I purchased have failed miserably just after the 12 month warranty expired. They have cracked and are splitting all around letting water in after very little use just walking on the grassland.After contacting Hunter Boots I was informed that the warranty only covers them for the 12 months and basically they are not interested. I am no longer fooled that todays Hunter wellies are in any way comparable with those produced in the past.They are obviously totally useless if you require a wellington which keeps out the water.They are a complete waste of money and cannot be recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars hunter chocolate wellies w23499, 20 Nov. 2011
I am so disappointed with my wellies I purchased in good faith especially on Amazon & after hearing from a number of people how great Hunters were & how they last years! Well mine haven't even lasted 5 months the heels have worn right through letting in water! Amazon are very unhelpful I Would NOT recommend Hunters & have totally lost my confidence in Amazon! I am very unhappy customer

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, 7 Feb. 2011
I've been wearing Hunter Wellies for riding and mucking out horses for the last 15years. In fact I still have the first pair as a spare which have been great. I purchased my second pair about eight years ago which have also been great and only got replaced 15 month ago due to been worn on calves after riding in them almost every day. However my last pair of Hunters where a present from my husband and right from the start they felt different, but I thought it was probably just me not being used to new boots. Over the last few weeks I started to feel dampness in my left welly and now I found a crack and it looks as if its about to perish more and more. After having read other reviews I don't hold out much hope of getting any satisfaction from Hunter customer service department. Ah well they will loose another customer and I will tell my friends how awful they are now.What a shame that another great British company has gone for the cheaper manufacturing option but still charging twice as much as some other wellington manufacturers.In these times of austerity Hunter would do well to remember their customers, and provide the quality they where known for. I suppose if your after a pair of fashion boots which you only wear to go to the odd festival or two, Hunters will fit the bill with their different colour boots.