5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:15 Mins
♦ Brief Review ♦

My sister received this as a Christmas present from her boyfriend and she was most kind to let me have a play with this superb product.

Published on 27 Dec. 2012 by MyKeyReviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but delicate.
Published 12 months ago by Mr. I. B. Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 27 Dec. 2012
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Length:: 4:15 Mins

♦ Brief Review ♦

Included are one of every tetrimino shape (which light up in their own individual colours), an AC adapter and a brief manual telling you the do's & don'ts as well as many different formations you can do.

To start up, you first need to power up the blue straight piece, it has a power socket and a switch located on the back, once turned on it will light up, then all you have to do is place another

piece on top to which it will then light-up as well.

I was amazed to see it actually work and you can experiment with all kinds of formations.

Once you've completed the desired shape, the end result is an awesome looking light that will be much appreciated by any gamer.

Whilst this product is a bit pricey, after having a go with it myself, I'm more than willing to pay the current price for one and would highly recommend it.

♦ Video Info ♦

I've uploaded a video if anyone is interested, below is a video breakdown:

0:08-0:41 Box overview.
0:43-2:08 Unboxing.
2:10-3:21 Set-up & Quick example.
3:22-4:05 Example in dark lighting conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars My teenager loves it, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
My 15 year-old daughter loves this. She actually played with it. It is a long time since I've seen her play with anything other than her iPad. On the three occasions I have been allowed to collect laundry and teacups from her bedroom since then, it has been in a different configuration each time. I even overheard her telling a friend how it works.

Very nice- I will be buying one each for my niece and nephew next time they need a gift. Geeky adults would enjoy it too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but delicate., 17 April 2014
Mr. I. B. Hunter "Ian Hunter" (Horsham W.Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
I loved the idea of this lamp, it's very different and unusual so after reading such positive reviews I ordered one. A few things I noticed were these; it's very light so if it's anywhere where it could be jogged and the positions of the shapes moved even in the slightest then parts of the light go out. You have to line it all up exactly otherwise it flickers. Secondly the mains lead is pretty short. I did want this as a cool light beside my bed but the thought of it all collapsing every time it moved would drive me mad. However.... This is still a very cool bit of kit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 23 April 2014
GCmusic (Castleford, West Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
Looks great, plenty of combinations to display. Not very good for a permanent display. Every time you walk past the lamp the blocks separate and the lights go out, - they're too light. I ended up using sellotape (rolled up to double sided) to secure the pieces together which seams to have done the job. Not the most generous cable length on the power lead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
This looks fun and it is. But the quality is very cheap and it literally stacks and balances so it needs to be kept out of reach of little kids or where it could be knocked to avoid it breaking. Turning it on and off also takes skill to avoid it all collapsing. I now just switch it on and off at the wall.

Worth the money if you're looking for something quirky to fill a space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tetris Light, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
WoW this item is cool, I bought it as it was on offer.

there was not much instruction but it was pretty straight forward to get it going.
All the shapes light up to there colours, and you can achieve so many different shapes.
We have small lamp in the sitting room which wife normally turns on when she watches TV but now she turns this on as it sets a good light atmosphere in the room.
I have had plenty of kids and babies play with it and it has survived the test.
My daughter loves playing with it and comming up with different configuration.

You wont regret it if you purchased one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea, 18 May 2014
R. Murdoch "arranem" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
In all,I have now purchased five if these lights. I bought one as present for my nephew, but when he unpacked it, not only was he delighted with it, I wanted one for myself!!! I,he bought another three as gifts for friends and they are all absolutely delighted with it. Each time I visit, they seem to have reconfigured the blocks to form a different pattern.

Whoever invented this is a genius. And it's great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yes!, 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
Can't do better than this - most fun we've ever had with a lamp. Never mind Tetris, think of building blocks. Some great construction available here!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 17 Mar. 2014
Fireball Dragon (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
I only recently stubbled across this novelty light, despite it having been on the market for some 2 years.

The bottom blue bar acts as a base (connected to a power supply) upon which all the other pieces rest and light up.

POSITIVE POINTS:
-Looks really cool!
-Excellent lighting effects
-Unique
-Pieces can be stacked as you please

NEGATIVE POINTS:
-Pieces are quite light and can topple over if moved
-Power supply cable is quite short, approximately 1 metre

Overall I am very happy with this item. It currently lives in my study and adds a unique look and feel to my book case. Would make a nice gift for any retro video game or Tetris fan.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 April 2014
hfffoman (Kent) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
The idea is nice and the pieces are very attractive. Unfortunately it fails for two reasons. You have to place the pieces very carefully to get a connection, otherwise they won't switch on. Also, it isn't very bright so it only really works in the dark. But it isn't bright enough to light the room on its own and it isn't interesting enough to sit in the dark and play with it.

If you are interested in looking at alternatives, I had much more success with novelty lights by Mathmos and recommend checking them out. (I have no connection with the company).

Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light