5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:15 Mins
♦ Brief Review ♦

My sister received this as a Christmas present from her boyfriend and she was most kind to let me have a play with this superb product.

Published 22 months ago by MyKeyReviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad.
Looks great, plenty of combinations to display. Not very good for a permanent display. Every time you walk past the lamp the blocks separate and the lights go out, - they're too light. I ended up using sellotape (rolled up to double sided) to secure the pieces together which seams to have done the job. Not the most generous cable length on the power lead.
Published 6 months ago by GCmusic

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 27 Dec 2012
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Length:: 4:15 Mins

♦ Brief Review ♦

Included are one of every tetrimino shape (which light up in their own individual colours), an AC adapter and a brief manual telling you the do's & don'ts as well as many different formations you can do.

To start up, you first need to power up the blue straight piece, it has a power socket and a switch located on the back, once turned on it will light up, then all you have to do is place another

piece on top to which it will then light-up as well.

I was amazed to see it actually work and you can experiment with all kinds of formations.

Once you've completed the desired shape, the end result is an awesome looking light that will be much appreciated by any gamer.

Whilst this product is a bit pricey, after having a go with it myself, I'm more than willing to pay the current price for one and would highly recommend it.

♦ Video Info ♦

I've uploaded a video if anyone is interested, below is a video breakdown:

0:08-0:41 Box overview.
0:43-2:08 Unboxing.
2:10-3:21 Set-up & Quick example.
3:22-4:05 Example in dark lighting conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars My teenager loves it, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
My 15 year-old daughter loves this. She actually played with it. It is a long time since I've seen her play with anything other than her iPad. On the three occasions I have been allowed to collect laundry and teacups from her bedroom since then, it has been in a different configuration each time. I even overheard her telling a friend how it works.

Very nice- I will be buying one each for my niece and nephew next time they need a gift. Geeky adults would enjoy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tetris Light, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
WoW this item is cool, I bought it as it was on offer.

there was not much instruction but it was pretty straight forward to get it going.
All the shapes light up to there colours, and you can achieve so many different shapes.
We have small lamp in the sitting room which wife normally turns on when she watches TV but now she turns this on as it sets a good light atmosphere in the room.
I have had plenty of kids and babies play with it and it has survived the test.
My daughter loves playing with it and comming up with different configuration.

You wont regret it if you purchased one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 23 April 2014
GCmusic (Castleford, West Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
Bought this for my son. It's amusing, but the light it gives off is too weak to be anything more than decorative. It doesn't clip together, but rather rests together in a balanced arrangement of coloured boxes, so can be quite easily toppled or moved so as to break the contacts and loose the contacts that supply power to all the lights, so I'd place it somewhere relatively safe. Nevertheless it's a fun ornament.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
Bought this light for my daughter who loves it. The parts can be rearranged to make the light into many different shapes. Hours of fun for kids and adults alike!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but delicate., 17 April 2014
Mr. I. B. Hunter "Ian Hunter" (Horsham W.Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
I loved the idea of this lamp, it's very different and unusual so after reading such positive reviews I ordered one. A few things I noticed were these; it's very light so if it's anywhere where it could be jogged and the positions of the shapes moved even in the slightest then parts of the light go out. You have to line it all up exactly otherwise it flickers. Secondly the mains lead is pretty short. I did want this as a cool light beside my bed but the thought of it all collapsing every time it moved would drive me mad. However.... This is still a very cool bit of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
I love this product which I've had for a few months now. It provides just the right amount of light in my lounge when I'm watching TV late at night. It is made of thin plastic and very light weight but it still looks very smart. Not suitable for use on a table etc which may wobble as the whole thing easily falls down. I keep it on a marble fire surround where it can be wobbled of knocked. A must have item for any Tetris fan !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 17 Mar 2014
Fireball Dragon (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
I only recently stubbled across this novelty light, despite it having been on the market for some 2 years.

The bottom blue bar acts as a base (connected to a power supply) upon which all the other pieces rest and light up.

POSITIVE POINTS:
-Looks really cool!
-Excellent lighting effects
-Unique
-Pieces can be stacked as you please

NEGATIVE POINTS:
-Pieces are quite light and can topple over if moved
-Power supply cable is quite short, approximately 1 metre

Overall I am very happy with this item. It currently lives in my study and adds a unique look and feel to my book case. Would make a nice gift for any retro video game or Tetris fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 28 Aug 2014
Ash (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light (Toy)
Being of the Gameboy generation, and a lover of atmospheric lighting, I jumped with joy when I spotted this brilliant light. I have already rearranged it on several occasions, and it is a real talking point whenever people come to visit. It doesn't cast very much light so don't buy it as some sort of replacement for a lamp - it is more like a set of fairy lights, something which adds a warm glow to the room and makes it feel cosy.

It might also work well as a night light for a child - provided it was well out of reach! The blocks aren't all that secure and it doesn't take much to knock them over. Luckily they are robust plastic so can take some punishment. Note that the metal runners along the edges of each piece need to be in close contact with their neighbours in order to work - in theory you should be able to line them all up horizontally and as long as the blue one (the power source) is in there somewhere it should light up. In practice, this is unlikely to work well as the contact isn't strong enough. Instead you have to stack it much like the picture shows, with the blue at the bottom. Possibly, if you wanted to be more adventurous, you could somehow clamp the pieces together so the contact is retained, but it would be tricky.

Note - you also can't use the lamp on any conductive surfaces. I tried putting it on my cast iron fireplace and was puzzled as to why it wouldn't switch on, before I realized! Durr! :-S

This is a brilliant gift, especially for gamers like myself, and is very reasonably priced.

Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light