Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:40 Mins
Published 18 months ago by Miss AL Holloway

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best but not the worst
it no were neat as good as the first bio shock the developer tried to go on a different approach by doing everything different however it was some of those thing that made the first bio shock so good. also the twist at end you can see hour before the end and is no were has amazing has the first bio shock twist
Published 13 months ago by MR Brett M Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Should you spend more on this version? Get a closer look inside the box here!, 27 Mar 2013
Miss AL Holloway (Oswestry) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Length:: 1:40 Mins

I love video games and the previous two Bioshock games are ones I regard very highly, they may even be my favourites. I had been looking forward to the release of Bioshock Infinite like you would not believe, enjoying every update from the developers, groaning at every delay on the release date. As something of a fan I enjoy collecting things to do with my favourite games and displaying them in my home so I decided to order the premium edition. There was also an "Ultimate Songbird" edition retailing at over £100 which included all the things in this package, plus a statue of the Songbird, which features in the game. Whilst this is very nice it was well above my budget, so premium was what I decided to go for.

This is primarily a review of the contents of the box and I put together a wee video slideshow so you can see them for yourself, not the greatest quality of photos but you can see them bigger in the customer image gallery as well if you wish. I will tell you what I think of the game so far at the end of the review, although not in any depth as I have not finished it yet!

Ok so you get a cardboard box the same size as a regular game box but thicker, and everything is in the box. The game is as you expect the usual PS3 game in a case. You can reverse the game cover if you want to, I have not bothered because I don't actually spend enough time looking at the box of a game to care what is on the cover although I know some fans were disappointed with the official cover design so it is nice that they included the option to reverse it if you wish.

The next biggest thing in the box is the art book. It is hard backed and looks suitably distressed (a bit mouldy even but thankfully it does not have the smell to match!) Inside it is high quality paper and very nice to look through. So nice in fact that I am now in two minds as to whether I really need the full size art book that is available separately.

Then we have the Murder of Crows Key Chain. This is my favourite thing in the box it is really nicely made and I just can't bring myself to open the packaging!

Next we have the miniature Handyman figurine. They weren't kidding when they said miniature, he is so tiny I am worried I may lose him, so he'll be staying in the box. He is actually an exclusive piece of a Bioshock Infinite board game that is being made.

The Devil's Kiss Lithograph is like a mini poster and will go well with my Bioshock 2 special edition posters. Would have been nice if it was bigger but then it would not have fit in the box with everything else.

Finally we have downloadable exclusive stuff. A theme for your PS3. I'm using it at the moment, it is nice and helps me get in the mood for the game. Some exclusive in game items, always handy, and a link to download the soundtrack to the game on MP3 which I have downloaded but not yet listened to because I am too busy playing the game! (but the music in the game is nice)

On the whole this is nice quality set of stuff which I enjoy having in my collection, I hope that by seeing these pictures it may make it easier to decide if you would like this edition or not.

And finally... the game... I imagine that if you are here and not on the standard edition's page you already know the type of games that you like which is why you are considering a special edition. If you have played previous bioshock titles this will feel at once familiar and different. I realise how contradictory that sentence is but I can't think of a better way to describe it. I have not finished the game yet but what I have played so far has been very enjoyable. The game world is beautiful, the story is intriguing and the characters are very well done. I am very happy overall with my purchase of Bioshock Infinite: Premium edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Epic Game and the premium edition makes the Bioshock Infinite experiance that much more enjoyable. Would recommend this edition to any one. The only thing I was not happy about was they did not send me my code for industrial revolution but I can live with that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Game, Weak Extras, 17 April 2013
M/R (Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
The Bioshock Infinity premium edition is pretty but, game aside, some of the content is rather underwhelmimg.

The game is fairly good, but I still prefer the first Bioshock to either of its sequels. The game takes quite a while to actually get going, but as soon as you set foot on the island and start wandering around the lighthouse, things start to feel familiar. The visuals are bright, colourful and stylistically appealing and a welcome departure from the typically bland, monochromatic palette of most games on the market. On the downside, there is a lot of repetition such as the population of Columbia consisting of a huge number clones. Sounds are reminiscent of the previous games too, and the voice acting is strong. There's nothing cutting edge about any of these aspects, but the environment still impresses and they work together to create a very inviting veneer and if you've played the previous iterations, you'll find the gameplay quite familiar. Personally I didn't find the range of vigors (as opposed to plasmids) especially compelling and I found myself trying to horde salts and relying on the bland range of firearm standards, which given the rest of the gaming environment, are surprisingly lacking in creativity. Your companion, Elizabeth, is blessedly not a hindrance, so at least something was learned from the frustrating and tedious babysitting missions of Bioshock 2.

The special content includes a tiny (barely bigger than the tip of my thumb) blue resin Handyman figure. It comes in a nicely decorated cardboard box and the detail is fairly good but as an extra it's not exactly "must have" material. If you are interested in the board game that's supposed to be coming then it may be of greater interest.

The "Murder of Crows" keyring is a well detailed piece of plastic. and nice as it is this is hardly inspirational. I've bought a number of special and collector's editions over the years and can't deny that I find keyrings rather passé.

The small hardback book is lovely and probably my favourite inclusion, mostly because I love to look at gaming artwork. The artwork here is up to the same standard as the box and cover art. To go along with this there is a small print. The quality is fairly good and the finish is rich and glossy.

The in-game music is atmospheric and I quite like it, and there's a voucher for a one-off digital download. I'm perhaps behind the times, but I prefer physical media to intangible digital media, and a CD would have been my preference. Once you've redeemed the album you'll have a collection of 28 tracks (320 kbps). Sadly there is no cover artwork included in the download and the track and album details are sloppy with surprising gaps in the metadata (eg no artist or composer, tracks have no spaces in titles etc).

There is a code to redeem a PS3 theme, which I'm sorry to say, doesn't interest me in the slightest. There is another code to redeem three power-ups. "Bull Rush" and "Betrayer" didn't add much to my gaming, but I did appreciate the extra cash gained through the "Extra! Extra!" power-ups. I think for me the saddest omission is that there is no season pass for the forthcoming DLC packs.

You should alo note, the three circular things you see in the picture are not included in this package.

Overall it's a nicely put together little package but some of the content is somewhat disappointing. The game itself is a definite improvement on Bioshock 2 but never quite captures the magic of Bioshock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 23 April 2014
This review is from: Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Loved the game. The items with it are brilliant including the booklet detailing the drawings from early on in the development.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm difficult one, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Undoubtably a great game that I think delivers a lot more than others do. Let's put this into perspective, infinite had massive boots to fill the original in my opinion is one of the greatest games of this generation.

I was following this game throughout its development cycle and what I was seeing was positive especially in the e3 game play demo department, it almost looked too goo to be true. And this is where it started unraveling, the reality is, it was, they almost showed you too much and built expectation to a unobtainable high level. Hype almost ruined this and 2k the game developer almost ruined it.

I may be sounding too critical of this game, it's a good game that does emerse you in its ideologies and environment but it's trying to walk a tight-rope between bringing new money/ people to the franchise but still appease the hardcore fans that loved the original for what it was.

If I was a new player coming to this then I would be delighted, but I'm not. The game is undoubtably bioshock but in my opinion parts of it have changed or been left out, Columbia is good but it ain't no rapture, the balance just doesn't seem right somewhere.

On a positive note the main protagonists booker dewitt and Elizabeth are fantastic characters, there voice acting and indeed everyone's is really good, so too is the music which is top draw.

All in all it's a special game that mostly delivers but I can't help thinking that this was a missed opportunity. Something in development stopped this game from being fantastic, money, development time, hardware. I don't know, but what I do know is it could have been really special.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
This was a Christmas Gift which was received with delight and has proved to be everything the recipient expected it would be.Exceptional quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vendi vidi infinite, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
What a great game. I have absolutely enjoyed playing it. This first person shooter, I would highly recommend to anyone. You have to buy this

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Has the game of course, I bought for my boyfriend so I can't really review the game but he seems to be enjoying it and he's a big Bioshock fan.
The keyring, art book, lithograph and little figurine are awesome and great quality too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars*, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Wonderful. Loved it. Even though the bug issues concerning the patch and all the bother it caused, the game itself is AMAZING.
Well worth the purchase and would definitely recommend :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good experience but not as memorable as the first one., 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Bioshock Infinite takes things way above the tide line up to the skies where we must rescue Elizabeth from the clutches of a utopian madman and his dream, Columbia. The new gameplay mechanics are great and everything else such as the visuals and soundtrack are top notch but overall, the experience is not as exciting or new as the first game in the series. Aside from that is quite an excellent game. This Premium Edition could be better though, being the art book its highlight. The key chain is okay but the Handyman figurine is just too small! Also, the soundtrack is digital only and I rather have it on CD.

Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3)
Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition (PS3) by Take 2 Interactive (PlayStation 3)