Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

Format: Kindle EditionChange

VINE VOICEon 6 August 2011
After meeting Ava in the first book Cutting Loose I couldn't wait to get to her story and know what happened with her and Cade. Especially after the little teaser with him in the second book Bending the Rules.

After Cade humiliated her in High School by sleeping with the "fat" girl for a bet, Ava hates him on sight, even more so when she still feels lust for him.
Cade feels badly about what he did, and has tried to apologise for years about the whole thing, now he needs Ava to make a show about the Wolcott mansion and sparks fly as soon as they come into contact again and obviously it is inevitable that they end up in bed with each other again.

I really wanted to like this one as I was looking forward to it so much. didnt live up to expectations and wasn't as good as the previous 2 books.

I really did like Ava but her whole "fat" issues got a bit annoying in the end and I felt for Cade as it seemed like he was talking to a brick wall at times.
I think I actually preferred Cade to Ava in the end and I didn't expect that.
The storyline didn't suck me in as much but there were funny moments within their dialogue at times that did make me laugh out loud and grin.

As in the previous books there was the "bad guy" in this, who got defeated very easily and quickly like the my only real disappointment in this series at how bad the bad guys were.

I think I would have to say that the first book was my favourite but Jase was my favourite male lead in the series.

I love this author and will probably always continue to read her books but if you love her earlier work then you may not love it, but if you are loyal to this author then give it a go :)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 8 August 2011
Back in high school, Cade Gallari slept with "fat girl" Ava Spencer to win a bet and proceeded to break her heart, dent her confidence and make her vow to hate him forever. Now, 13 years later, Cade, hotter than ever, is back and about to make an offer Ava can't refuse.

Now a documentary film producer, Cade needs Ava to work closely with him on his newest project and if she manages to forgive him at the same time then he'll be happy. But he won't be completely satisfied until Ava gives him another chance and he's not above playing dirty to get what he really wants.

This is the third book in the Sisterhood Diaries trilogy after Cutting Loose and Bending the Rules and I probably would suggest that you read the books in order for everything to make sense.

This book was a long time coming and I was so excited to receive it and read it. Perhaps my high expectations were part of the reason that I failed to be completely blown away by this novel.

It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination and Susan Andersen's wit, style of writing and humour are there in spades. Both Cade and Ava were lovely characters and had the kind of 'hate turning to love' storyline that I really enjoy. They had good chemistry and I was really happy for them and rooting for them on their path to the happily ever after.

I would have liked to see a little bit more interaction between Ava, Jane and Poppy (especially as the scenes when they were together were so sweet!) and perhaps a few more scenes with Jase and Dev but that's probably just personal preference and didn't necessarily distract from the actual love story. The baddie wasn't scary (and I'm a total wimp) and was dispatched so easily that there really hadn't been much danger.

Overall, if you like Susan Andersen and are reading the Sisterhood trilogy then this isn't a book you'd want to miss. I wasn't sure how to rate this one as although it's not nearly as good as the first two in the series, it's still much better than other books I've read so I've stuck with 4 stars and Susan Andersen continues to be one of my favourite authors.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 21 November 2014
I've not read anything by this author before, and this book didn't do anything for me. What sounded like a good angsty read from the blurb turned out to be rather dull and uninteresting. Ava the heroine was totally humiliated by one of the popular boys at high school after she gives up her 'V' card and is then humiliated in the school cafeteria by said boy who admits he had sex with the fat girl for a bet.
When the story starts in the present 13 years on, Cade the guy who did Ava wrong is an up and coming documentary film maker. He hires her as the crews concierge. Ava and her two best friends had inherited a mansion which has a murder mystery in its past, it's about this that Cade wants to make a film. But how will these two manage to work alongside one another?
I wasn't keen on the flow of this story it lacked feeling and emotion, it drags quite a bit as well there's too much time spent on minutia. I don't care what brand handbag the heroine has nor what designer made her coat or any of her clothes, those sort of descriptions were endless. Overall this was a let down. Glad I only paid a small price for this from the local charity store.
on 28 March 2013
Susan Anderson has written a great story, which draws upon the inadequacies we all have inside to makes us fall in love with this happily ever after story. But don't just think this is a fairytale there is much more to this story than that, with characters from the previous heiress books, it has enough follow up to please Andersons readers, however it is a standalone to read in a day.
on 22 March 2013
Susan Andersen has done it again, a brilliant writer and a brilliant series with fantastic characters. This is a must read series.
on 20 September 2015