5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book for ALL guitar players
Very useful little book if you're starting to learn guitar or if you've been playing for centuries but can't name most of the notes on the fretboard (like many guitar players).

Learning the notes is a daunting task but the author gives mnemonics and other mental "tricks" which takes the tedium out the process and makes it much more enjoyable.

I have...
Published on 26 Oct. 2012 by middleton

3.0 out of 5 stars A few helpful tips
It's not the longest of publications, but it does have a few handy tips and ideas to help find your way around the fretboard.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book for ALL guitar players, 26 Oct. 2012
middleton (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning And Memorizing The Notes On The Guitar Fretboard Fast (Focus On How To Play The Guitar) (Kindle Edition)

I have to declare an interest. I've already used a mnemonic drill from the author's website to effectively learn the notes on the low E string and the A string and have learned two Buddy Holly songs from his tutorials so I was pleased to see this given away as a free Kindle book yesterday otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.

But, in all honesty, I would gladly have paid for it. It's as cheap as chips and will certainly help you learn the fretboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Focus on the Guitar, 25 Dec. 2012
Excellent introduction to the Guitar and a must for all budding guitar players\i love it and so will you too

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple......, 29 Oct. 2013
There is no mistique here - through a few simple exercises the fretboard is revealed and explained. Too good not to use!

4.0 out of 5 stars Much clearer, 7 May 2013
I am only a quarter of the way through so far but up to now it has been one of the best instruction books I have read. Easy to read and understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK THAT MAKES THINGS CLEARER, 6 Mar. 2013
I am enjoying this book and seems to give the information I want in a very friendly way. I am waiting for Paul to do one on Notation for The Guitar!

5.0 out of 5 stars That 'light bulb' moment!, 14 Feb. 2014
This book is quite simply a revelation. At last someone has explained the lay-out of the fretboard in a way that is easy to understand and enjoyable to put into practice. Armed with the information contained in this book, I feel confident that this time, after so many abortive attempts, that I'm finally going to get to grips with solving the mysteries of the guitar and start to really enjoy it. Thanks for a superb little book at a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hum it's not that difficult after all!, 22 Feb. 2014
I got a copy of this book, and have to say it was really easy to follow.

Paul has done a great job of changing my mind about whether I could learn to play the guitar.

There's not doubt that learning to play can be difficult, depending on mindset, but Paul has lots of little hints and tricks which make things so much easier.

If you're thinking of learning the guitar, I'd recommend picking this up

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book for ideas to teach a friend, 7 Oct. 2014
Mr. Mark A. Pilgrim (Bodmin, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
Hi Paul,
This is a great little gift from you, a real treat. I am about to Start to teach a friend how to play guitar from absolute scratch, which is hopefully going to help my playing. I'm pretty good with the guitar to the point where I'm the very proud owner of an "Eddie Cochran" Gretsch 6120. However, though I am an accomplished stage actor, I literally can't play two notes in front of other people. One of the main reasons I am teaching a friend is that, by playing from the absolute beginning, teaching scales,root shapes, and so forth, I am hoping that it will enable me to play to an audience.
This book of yours has been a real help with aiding me to get him playing properly, rather than all these "learn guitar"books,which just teach a couple of chords so someone thinks they can play guitar just because they can play one or two proxy Beatles songs!
When I get the time, I am definitely going to take a peek at your website!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The notes on the guitar fretboard, 1 Dec. 2014
This book is the best I have seen to help you learn the fretboard.
The methods suggested are ideal if 10 minutes a day are dedicated to the task of learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got it now., 4 Aug. 2014
Excellent, simple to understand and memorise the notes on the neck using this method explained by Paul.