5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book for beginners
Published 18 months ago by J. Collis

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but basic
The book is good but a bit basic but for only 1 cant complain much good for the price so if youre new to windows 8 then go for it
Published 16 months ago by Elcapitan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book for beginners, 6 Feb 2013
J. Collis (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top 100 Tips for Windows 8 (Kindle Edition)
If starting with windows 8, this is an excellent reference book to help along the way. I got this within a day or two of getting my new windows 8 laptop. At first windows 8 was so different, the book seemed to have only limited appeal because what it was saying was almost as puzzling as windows 8 itself. Then little by little it got clearer and easier to use, and the book opened and expanded on what I had found. To me, now having lived with XP then Vista (no Windows 7), it gets better everyday. Now each time I refer back to the book, things fall in place and it shows you how you can expand on what you have learnt. All I can say is that it takes time. Be patient, keep at it, and you should find it to be a very good operating system, especially with the help and tips within this bargain of a book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A ENLIGHTNING READ, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Top 100 Tips for Windows 8 (Kindle Edition)
Being new to windows 8 and not having a clue what to press click or download once I had turn on the computer, I bought this book in the hope it would enlighten me as what to do with windows 8. Having read this book cover to cover I'm now pretty good at the basics of windows 8. A great Book to start you off using Windows 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, 17 April 2013
So pleased with this book, simply explanations on how to use windows 8. As a silver surfer find it invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little book, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Top 100 Tips for Windows 8 (Kindle Edition)
I do like the book I just personally don't think it was detailed enough for me
but in fairness I like to be intensive for a normal customer the tips are excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Windows 8 Bible, Common sense in a book, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Top 100 Tips for Windows 8 (Kindle Edition)
Just got a new windows 8 pc, been looking everywhere for a book to ease me through it and found this little gem. As its on me kindle i can have it on my desk without the pages turning over themselves. 'Happy Days' . Now just gotta learn how to use the pc :-). Revised 30th July, Even better now Ive got used to it, open the Kindle Ap from your tiles & snap it in place Left or Rt of the page you need help on then you can read the advice you need without using your kindle or a book, :-) , it does sound a little difficult but if i can get my head round it anyone can.

4.0 out of 5 stars 8, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Top 100 Tips for Windows 8 (Kindle Edition)
easy to read and follow tips windows 8 not easy but this guide helped worth paying for the tips....and help

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 18 April 2013
Diane Clifford "DC" (Durham) - See all my reviews
The tips, especially the short-cut tips in the first few pages, are good but it would be a better volume if it was spiral-bound to make it easier to handle. I had to make notes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped me get a better start, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Top 100 Tips for Windows 8 (Kindle Edition)
Looks like most folk find getting started with Windows 8 quite difficult. It's quite a different way of working, especially if, like me, it's on my laptop rather than a tablet. This book is reasonably logically laid out, and I found more than a few tips to provide more efficient usage. I doubt if I would have found several of them without looking specifically as a result of reading that section of this book. I don't need all the "bells and whistles" of the capabilities of any Operating System, and while the book does eventually cover some of the more complex techniques, it covered the basics very well indeed. It keeps a clear distinction between how you use Windows 8 on a tablet or using a mouse, and what can be quite hard to describe finger or mouse movements are described well, such that you very soon learn how to perform the various techniques. It certainly got me through the first period of "Aarrgh! Give me back Windows 7" reaction. Not that it has entirely gone away either, but that's not the fault of this useful little primer!

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Top 100 Tips for Windows 8 (Kindle Edition)
I learned lots from this one, I set up my laptop then delved into this, it's made me really happy to have bought a win 8 system now. Great book

5.0 out of 5 stars I still hate Windows 8, but at least I can use it with some confidence., 30 April 2013
IanW (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Top 100 Tips for Windows 8 (Kindle Edition)
Having been a long term and very satusfied user of Windows 7, I found the transition to Windoes 8 quite traumatic. Gone was my well organised desktop, and where on earth was the start button that was my entry to the system.

After stumbling along for a few days, I decided that help was necessary and I checked out the Kindle Store for something suitable. This book seemed to fit the bill, so I downloaded it; and it was just what I needed. It would not be sufficient for a new user but, for somebody like me, it was the answer to my problem.

I still hate Windows 8, but at least I can use it with some confidence.

Top 100 Tips for Windows 8