5.0 out of 5 stars A detailed book with clear strategies clarified to illuminate your path and master your chosen field. A great Life /career read.
Mastery is a practical guide to achieving great success in your chosen path or career in life. Robert Greene describes a detailed journey of focus and commitment so intense, - that you cannot fail in reaching your full creative potential should you choose to embark on this mission of discovery.
The greatest Masters of all time are studied by Greene not in their...
Published 5 months ago by misspink

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting stories, but not a practical guide to mastery
Greene is a devoted researcher and a master of the historical anecdote. In this book, he tells some very interesting stories about some very interesting people (Einstein, Mozart etc.) If you like the author and his style, you may enjoy this book.

However, I wouldn't recommend this as a serious advice book. It's extremely long and Greene's list of things you...
Published 18 months ago by Evelyn

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Dec 2012
c "Conrad" (london, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mastery (Paperback)
Really loved this book, up there with the 50thaw/. A little too short, but high enjoyable . If you
Have read any of Greene's previous work., then I recommend this

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Mastery (Paperback)
This is a seminal book written on one of the most important subjects for humanity, and for the individual. Robert Greene has always had an extraordinary ability to see things as they are, not as we wish them to be. With this book, he takes that focus away from the 'baser' aspects of life, and points it at the most profound and noble thing a human being can accomplish, mastery of self, and of your purpose in life. I wish I'd had this extraordinary guide when I'd first started along the path to mastery, but who knows if I would have appreciated it as much then?
If you're content with just getting by in life, this book is probably not for you, it'll be entertaining at most. But for those dedicated to the path, this is essential reading. This will remain a classic work on the subject for a long time I'm sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scholarly and unapologetic, 11 Feb 2013
D Roege (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mastery (Paperback)
Years ago I stumbled across Greene's Art of Seduction and was too distracted by its novelty to give it any real attention. Having picked up Mastery on a whim to keep me occupied during a weekend trip, I discovered a book of the elusive quality that demands to be read - on the train, during lunch, before bed... when other things really should have priority...

I love reading, but all too often I find that an author's style or lack of understanding condemns books to be abandoned after a few pages. Once Mastery was read, I found myself digging out the copy of The Art of Seduction from the box it had been stored in last time I moved. Halfway through I am already looking greedily at Greene's other books, trying to persuade myself that it will be worth delaying the pleasure of reading them until after payday.

Greene clearly understands and practices the principles that he details. He seduces the reader, persuades us that we are inherently masters of our own world: unique and powerful. The immediacy of the account is at once disarming and devastating. Staring into the vast stretch of history, we find our own contexts and there is no where to disguise our own weaknesses.

I had the excellent fortune of reading this volume at a timely point in my life. I have no doubt that there will be those who feel their ambitions crystallise as they turn the pages as well as others who feel lukewarm about its contents. I, for one, could fault it on a couple of technical counts, but refuse to do so on the grounds that it was so mesmerising and practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Mastery (Kindle Edition)
This is by far one of the best books I've read. You get immersed in every single story. Addictive and fun. Read a few pages and you will be hooked. It is full of good tips and advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robert Greene has achieved mastery with this book, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mastery (Paperback)
I chose 5 stars because the book is in my opinion flawless. I'd recommend this to anyone who feels that there's something missing in all these other 'self-help' books. This is the missing piece of the puzzle. This is the real deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece., 17 Dec 2012
Nathan Hewitt "The good life" (Cardiff U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mastery (Paperback)
An absolute essential book for those who seek to live life at their greatest potential. I knew this book was going to be extremely insightful and useful, but it turned out to be more than just that.

As you read the book you'll discover how the greatest people who ever lived shared one major thing in common. MASTERY. What is interesting is how people
throughout the ages of life have been very talented, skillful and intelligent yet fail to become known, recognized nor meet mastery. The reason is that they have never pushed passed their current learning.

Greene explains how the masters are willing to always go the one step further. Not for wealth, not for power, no for recognition. But to be the greatest. And with that. Comes all all the wealth and power in the end.

Masters demonstrate a love for their passions. But are also willing to try multiple routes in order to become better at their profession. Even when it times they feel they are falling back. Everything is a lesson towards mastery.

This book is greatly insightful and has allowed me to take on a new perspective of my endeavors. I know that Im on the right path, even at times when I feel as though I'm not. Everything is making me a better person. And one day. I will reach a level of mastery.

I urge you to Just read the damn book. Please.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating read and a potential life changer, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Mastery (Paperback)
Mastery by Robert Greene delves into one of the most mysterious and intriguing aspects of human nature - the ability of us to learn, improve and affect the world around through our own abilities. It is highly thought provoking how he has managed to dissect, the whole nature of genius and explain the steps in the genius creation opposed to the almost mystical "a genius is inborn, god-given, etc.". I would recommend that book to anybody because it manages to capture and explain the complex dynamic what is mastery, how it is achieved and this is all done in really entertaining way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Mastery (Kindle Edition)
I have read Robert Green's other books - 48 laws of power, The strategy for battle, the art of seduction etc. This is in a class of it's own. It's a must read for anyone that desires to be the best in his/her field.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eye-opening, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mastery (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant and inspiring...stick with the book and it's message is the reward...very well written and full on interesting stories....highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Mastery, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mastery (Paperback)
Astounding and sound incite into our path to excellence.
One of the best tool kit any parent or guardian should give to their ward before they can even read, and to be made compulsory reading at all levels and departments of education or whatever form of training the individual hopes to progress through in their quest for their ultimate goal in life.
The book Mastery as per content is flawless, only wish I had the hardcover version as the "gold" design and lettering are wearing / rubbing off :( - Obviously due to my constant handling and I have not even finished it yet!

Mastery