‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mad Axeman at his BEST, 20 Dec 2012
Well, maybe not quite so mad nowadays. But probably playing at his best.

I first saw MSG in 1983. I then saw him supporting his brothers band in 2007. He was a mess. Struggled to stand, and couldn't hit a note. I thought thats the end for MS.

How wrong I was!

I heard he had turned himself around, was clean & dry, lost a ton of weight. So on that, in 2011 I went to see him at the Picturedrome. My god, I was amazed. He was back, to his very best, so I went this year to see him again, but this time he had Herman ze german on drums, and Francis Buchholz on bass - original Scorpions rhythm section. The set list was the best of his own, best of UFO, and some classic Scorpions + a couple from his new ToR release.

Again, he was at the top of his game. I spent a lot of time on Youtube looking at clips from this & his last tour. I longed for a high quality souveniere. I was delighted when I discovered that this last tour was going to be released on a DVD. I received it last week. It's a top quality product. The audio is excellent. The video is on the whole excellent as well, just a couple of petty criticisms from me, which I'll keep to myself.

Overall, I'm delighted with this DVD and thoroughly recommend it to any Schenker fan.

It's so good to see MS on stage, playing his best, and appearing to enjoy himself.

Keep on rawking!

4.0 out of 5 stars Temple of Rock Fire Power, 1 Jan 2013
Peter L. Crisp (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Temple Of Rock - Live In Europe [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
What an amazing concert with one of the best rock guitarist around. I have followed his career for many years with some of my favourite bands from the 70's and onwards. Who could never forget The Scorpions, although he featured on a couple of tracks on "Lovedrive", then came the classic UFO lineup, followed by the very early 80's material up until the present. it would have been great to see the original singers on each track but that's a dream.
With Doogie White and Michael Voss they do their utmost to re-create the past. Also to have Herman Rarebell & Francis Bucholz back in the fold is a huge bonus. You could tell everyone was having an absolute blast, excellent material from Schenker's illustrious career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Schenker Shines Bright, 29 Jan 2013
This is one awesome music DVD. Michael Schemker has always been one of my favourite rock guitarits, despite his idiosyncratic reputation. Live in Europe really does recapture those halcyon days of Schenker when he was the mad axe man with Scorpions, UFO and MSG.
What I have always admired most about Schenker is his innate ability to deliver searing or dextrous solos one minite and sledgehammer riffs the next and believe me it is all captured here. To hear the classics of the aforementioned classic rock bands brought up to-date by the man himself is a privilege. He looks in great physical shape too, including the cool tattoos.
You cannot help but recall the glory days when you see Schenker teamed up again with his Scorpions buddies, the mighty Herman Rarebell on drums and Francis Bucholz chugging out the basslines.Doogie White is a great choice on lead vocals too as he can carry the Meine, Mogg, Barden mantle with aplomb.
Of course Schemker is the star of the show, so plug in, turn up the volume, turn out the lights and get ready to rock. Into the Arena and Armed and Ready tear at you from the start and the pace and the classics don't relent until the encore is done. From the Scorpions era, Another Piece of Meat, Rock You Like A Hurricane blister from the speakers. Holiday, with its combo of accoustic beauty segued into crushing riffs, as majestic as ever. Then Coast to Coast, the most brutal riff laden instrumental rock track ever. Plenty to delight UFO fans too with equally top quality versions of Lights Out, Let It Roll and Shoot Shoot. No Schenker show would be complete without Lights Out and Doctor Doctor and these versions are jaw droppingly good. To hear Schenker crank out Doctor Doctor again is really special.
I cannot recommend this DVD enough for fans of these bands, Schenker or just brilliant classic rock.Get it and play it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Snap, crackle and rock, 1 April 2013
Michael's best live album! Great, great set. A band of professional's enjoying each other's company and the moment. I'm not a musician and don't understand or care about settings, pedals etc. All I know is when Michael plugs in the music comes alive in a way no other guitarist can manage. It's the difference between vinyl and cd, he brings the crackle of a vinyl record to live on stage. The rest of the guys turn in great performances as well.

It's a really good package. Good production, great playing. Just outstanding.

Unbeatable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 13 Mar 2013
All I can say is, if you are a Michael Schenker fan then you simply MUST own this. Three Scorpions on stage at at once , and a career spanning set with Metal Mickey playing at his very best. Turn the lights out, wind that sound system up and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb in audio and visual..a must have fo0 MSG fans, 29 Jan 2013
I couldn't imagine that I could view my school days guitar hero in its full glory through this great blu ray.

Michael Schenker is the reason that I pick up guitar and plays it up till today.

This is a must have for all the 80's rockers of MSG out there.

'Assault Attack' is played superbly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 7 April 2014
I have all the MSG Dvd`s and this is one of the best. The only thing that ruins this is Herman on drums. What a terrible drummer. Out of sync on a couple of tracks, but the rest is good. M.S is a special guitarist and you have to love him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Schenker is back on top form!, 4 Mar 2014
Mr. G. Fagan - See all my reviews
Great Blu-Ray from the recent TOR tour, loads of the good old stuff and some newer. I was lucky enough to see MS on this tour and he's playing better than ever - and looks to be enjoying it more than ever too! Great Blu-Ray, excellent sound and video, there is a 'box set' with some other concerts and extras on it available as well but this one was fine for me. If you want to hear a great guitarist at his best buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy !!, 8 Jan 2014
J. F. M. Low "Gazrock" (Pethshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
A must buy for any rock fans !! This is a brilliant blu-ray dvd !! Catches Shenker at his best !! Go for it !!

5.0 out of 5 stars schenker live dvd, 27 Dec 2013
A. Kenny (england) - See all my reviews
Brilliant dvd,,a must for all schenker fans and guitarists,,good pic and sound,,,good close ups ,schenker is on top form,,,best every live dvd

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›