4.0 out of 5 stars edifier e10 be suprised for the price
As ive got older my speakers seem to be coming down in price as my years increase.
When younger and free had the THX cambridge speakers with 300 watts rms which would wake the dead but luckily for them no distortion which was nice....
Published 21 months ago by Mr. A. Mercury

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Not as loud as expected.
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars edifier e10 be suprised for the price, 17 July 2013
Mr. A. Mercury (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Edifier Exclaim E10 2.0 Speaker System (Accessory)
when they departed along with the "magic smoke" from the subwoofer (ouch) i mistakenly stayed with creative and bought a set of t40s as really did not have the room due to a 6 yr old plus his lego collection for a sub and satellites so went with this 2.0 setup which at the time was getting rave reviews along with one by me (early days) - Please let me pop that 5 star bubble and the bubbleheads who raved about it, i had to replace them 3 times due to failures and not once did they sound anything out of the ordinary

Now the E10s - still 2.0 and only 30 something watts, yes they may look odd, no they probably arent the best known name out there, oh look no separate bass or treble controls or remote for the matter..

But you know what?

They sound marvelous on as desktop setup, that silly shape houses speakers that have no right to sound that good in something that looks so daft with nice low ends and clear high ends (ooh get me).

Music and gaming are well catered for and enjoy them for what they are - PC speakers, You arent going to host an all night party on these but if you want to chill , enjoy one of your favourite mp3s over a cold beer then i think you will be satisfied.

They lose a star as my first set stopped working after a couple of hours - its gotta be me and tech - changed them and 2nd set still going strong, will update further if it all goes horribly wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, clear and punchy with depth, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Edifier Exclaim E10 2.0 Speaker System (Accessory)
I didn't even buy these from Amazon, but as a frequent user of Amazon, I wanted to share how amazing these are! The clarity, mids, highs and bass is perfect. Although they may look strange, and whilst I'm not a true audiophile, they out perform most speakers that I've heard, certainly in this price range. I cannot recommend them enough! If you can give them a listen, do it! They also go surprisingly loud, but don't get distorted whilst doing so. Sounds great ranging from Knife Party to Pantera to Mumford and Sons. Instrumentals and vocals is where they really shine, but electro sounds are good too. I'm not saying they have extreme amounts of bass, but their woofer packs a punch for it's size. Really good quality speakers, well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of speakers, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Edifier Exclaim E10 2.0 Speaker System (Accessory)
Moving into university halls abroad, I was looking for a set of speakers that wouldn't take up too much space, affordable and of great sound quality. I bought these after reading a few reviews online (There weren't many because I think this speakers aren't very popular). However, the reviews were consistent in saying these produce great sound. When my speakers arrived, I was pleasantly surprised =) The clarity of the speakers in the mid and high ranges were really nice. Though it may only be a 2.0 system, I find the bass sufficient for my type of music (instrumental, ballad, pop, R&B) but a little lacking when compared with my previous 2.1 set. The speakers are elevated such that the music is directed nicely to your ears when sitting in front of the computer, sometimes making me feel like I'm listening to my music live. I was worried at first because there's no controls to change the bass/treble but I guess there's no need for it because the sound produced is balanced to my liking.

I have to admit I'm not skilled enough and my feedback may not be agreed by others. But in my opinion, I would highly recommend these speakers unless you need big bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well defined sound image - excellent for the price, 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Edifier Exclaim E10 2.0 Speaker System (Accessory)
The first thing that struck me about these speakers was the spatial quality of the sound image. All the instruments are clearly defined in space. It's almost tangible. This was quite a revelation for me as I have not had a decent stereo setup for several years. These budget PC speakers are better than the separates I used to have! I can hear the difference in density between various sound file qualities, and I am finding a new appreciation of music I've been listening to for years. No doubt if I splashed out on a fancy system, I would experience another jump in quality, but to my - possibly naive - ears, these are very good, especially for the price.

My only slight niggle is that it's obvious in the sound that the bass is being processed separately. I usually listen to classical music, but when I do listen to something with strong electronic bass sounds, the bass part is not quite integrated into the sound image.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice sound quality, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Edifier Exclaim E10 2.0 Speaker System (Accessory)
Very nice sound quality, but could have a bit more base in my opinion (I don't think more can be obtained without a sub woofer, that's why I'm giving 4 stars). The only disadvantage is, there is no base controller, but you won't need it much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Edifier Exclaim E10 2.0 Speaker System (Accessory)
I am not an audiophile, but I love music & listen to lots as I work from home and play music and radio all day as I'm drawing. So, how good are these speakers? I don't really know, but they are a vast improvement on my previous Logitec 2.1 system PC speakers and at least as good as our Bose Sound dock which we use in the house. For the money I'm really impressed and very pleased with the upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Edifier e10 review, 20 May 2013
G. Bentham (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Edifier Exclaim E10 2.0 Speaker System (Accessory)
02/06/13 - now down to £49.99 at Currys! Bargain!

Pros
-Sound is very well balanced and musical for desktop speakers.
-Good value (unlikely you can get better alternative at this price).
- good update to tv, pc or ipod sound if you have space and want something cheaper than soundbar (if you don't need digital inputs)

Cons
-(Vertical) angle is fixed too high, and ruins the sweet-spot.
- Bit bulky for a desktop system

Review
Just got these, from high st retailer, where they are end-of-line for £59. I was considering buying a simple hi-fi set-up, but in the end decided these would be better because i mostly listen to stuff sat on/near the pc anyway. They have replaced some Logitech X-140s which were great value but developed a bad buzzing. I also compared the e10s the edifier Aurora 2.1 system: the Auroras sounded ok, but switching to the e10s, the sound was much fuller and more vivid.

Reading the various TechRadar and PC pro reviews of these, I thought they might sound bright, but they don't - listening to them with no tone adjustments, they sound refined, not at all bright. Sound is very detailed and well balanced: listening to some tracks I know well, I've heard details on these I'd previously never noticed or only via headphones (Sennheiser PX-100s at moment). There is plenty of bass for my taste when listening to music, though for games and movies they wouldn't provide the really deep rumbles of a system with a sub, but the sound is very cohesive (unlike with so many sub/sat systems, where the low and high frequencies don't "gel"). Vocals are clear and sound natural. I'm surprised by the width to the sound-stage, and instruments and sounds seem to have positions well defined in space.

For £59 or less... really there's nothing to dislike. However, sat a little way into the depth of my desk they're angled too far upwards, so that the sweet spot of the sound is lost, which makes them sound dull. They're fairly bulky sat on my desk.

I got the Editors Keys Monitor Guard foam pads to sit these on: trimmed them down as the speakers have a relatively compact footprint. Cured passing vibrations onto the surface the speakers are stood on and improved the bass considerably,and the blocks angle the units down into line with the ears.

5star sound at the price now they're sat on these isolator blocks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Clarity, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Edifier Exclaim E10 2.0 Speaker System (Accessory)
Coming from good speakers with a big dedicated sub-woofer, I wasn't expecting this one to stack up as well as it did against them.
My previous speakers had died and I wanted a decent 2.0 system to replace them that look nice and tidy on my desk - a nice change from all the extra space needed for a sub-woofer and the extra wires. The dedicated sub-woofer drivers on each speaker is what had me sold, because I do love the bass and it's something I would greatly miss from my previous system.

In terms of performance, they don't outperform my previous system in bass, or pure volume... but I was expecting that. They do however out perform them in clarity so much so that I'm hearing things from songs I never knew were there before. I may perhaps miss the beasty bass on some songs, but it's enough to give most songs justice. I will not miss the volume potential, because well... I will never have the need to turn them up to max volume anyway, these are plenty loud enough.

The price is also very nice, especially compared to most speakers with a similar price point. I did my research and these seemed to offer the most for the money.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase and the only reason I'm not giving them 5 stars is because they don't completely blow me away. Although, I never truly expected them to.
They also arrived the next day and I wasn't expecting them that early!.. great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice speakers for price, go well with iMac, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Edifier Exclaim E10 2.0 Speaker System (Accessory)
Superb speakers for the price, goes well with new 27" iMac. Sound quality is good, plenty of bass. Good all rounders

5.0 out of 5 stars very good and portable speakers, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Edifier Exclaim E10 2.0 Speaker System (Accessory)
I didn't actually buy these form Amazon (I needed them that day) but I thought I should review them as they were so good for the purpose... I need to take them around with me if I'm giving a lecture sometimes to places where the laptop supplied isn't the most up to date - these attach via the standard 3.5mm jack and produce a good rich sound (I play films as part of my lectures and a room of 50 people need to be able to hear them properly). They fit in a Waitrose Bag for Life, no bother! They're a bit ridiculous-looking but that's to fit in the, er, woofer? in the base. Can drown out my downstairs neighbour when she's playing her music, too - hurrah!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›