5.0 out of 5 stars Love all books by Sarah Pryce.
Lots to think about in this book. Does money and fame rule your life and bring happiness - a life ruled by the media etc and happiness surrendered. A worthwhile read.
Published 19 months ago by McKenzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Plain fame
Not really my type of book I have absolutely no more words to comment,and don't force me to comment when I don't see any reason to say more!!!!
Published 3 months ago by Mountain Gal

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all books by Sarah Pryce., 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Plain Fame (The Plain Fame Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Plain fame, 26 May 2014
Mountain Gal (Shropshire England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Christian Romance, 23 May 2014
P.J.J. (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I was sent the link to this book as a promotion and didn't notice it was in the "Amish Christian Romance" genre- had I noticed it, I doubt I would have downloaded it as am not particularly interested in Amish culture, but am so glad I didn't notice and downloaded it anyway. Unlike some other novels I've read, Sarah Price launches into the story right from the outset- within the first few pages the hero and heroine's paths cross and interest is engaged. As I said, not having much interest in Amish culture as being especially relevant to my life I still loved the affectionate respect with which Amanda's family were portrayed by Sarah and learnt a few of the less stereotypical facts of their culture. Needless to say, the mark of any good book is that you want more and I loved the fact that no sooner than i finished the last line of book 1 I was able to download book 2 and carry on with the story straight away.

3.0 out of 5 stars Torn :-/, 7 May 2014
I was torn with this one. On one hand I loved the romance but on the other I found myself irritated, which is a shame because I loved the Whoopie Pie sister books and I love this author's writing usually.

It started off promising and to me didn't start going wrong until Alejandro and Amanda got back to Pennsylvania. The main issue I had was that a lot of things were repeated about the characters pasts and the area and Amish life style, and I don't mean once or twice. If I'm told something in a book I don't need to be told three or four times. I get the Amish are plain, and I get that Alejandro is Cuban, I didn't need to know multiple times.

The other thing that upset me was the same problem I come across when I do come across a problem in a religious book; the double standards. I can't say what without spoiling it. But I thought religion was about community, sticking together and helping each other. NOT about abandoning one of your own because other people get upset and annoyed. I'm sorry but that disgusted me.

What I can say is I loved the romance. I loved the chemistry between Amanda and Alejandro and her ability to understand and not judge him for his past. I loved Amanda's open-mindedness and I will conclude with this: If the rest of the world were as open-minded as Amanda the world would be a much brighter place.

I'm pretty conflicted after this book. But I don't think I'll be reading the rest of the series

5.0 out of 5 stars This trilogy is an excellent read, 26 April 2014
All three books are an excellent read there is drama, emotion and passion (Not the seedy sort) I really wish it was more than a trilogy as i would have liked to know more about the lives of the main characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Amish romance with unusual plot line., 9 Mar 2014
bookwormkt (Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Characters from very different backgrounds meet when an accident occurs. The Amish leaders don't really know how to deal with the paparazzi invasion of their community, and an Amish family's life seems wrecked. I must read the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Plain fame 1, 2 Mar 2014
I love reading books about the Amish. Their lifestyle is so different from our's and worldly things don't matter. I really like this author and this book,1st in a trilogy, is up to her usual standard. Looking forward to number 2.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok is all, 25 Feb 2014
It was very much like others I've read in this theme, but I don't suppose theres much more you can write about the Amish, they lead a simple life, day in day out, lucky them.

5.0 out of 5 stars good reading, 24 Feb 2014
enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the last of the three
hoping it is as good as the first

5.0 out of 5 stars Rita,'s kindle, 2 Jan 2014
I enjoyed this boo k immensely and would put it on a par with the first author of Amish fiction that I have ever read. Beverly lewis,2
I can't wait to get started on book 2