5.0 out of 5 stars I previously reviewed this camera "as awful"
After all the known problems with this camera well documented! I wrote a scathing review due to the lack of customer service.

Now after an email from a Gopro tech, listing several things to correct my issues, the camera and accessories are working faultlessly. Before you throw yours out the window if yours freezes won't charge, stops recording or any of the...
Published 13 months ago by David Ford

2.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality when it works, unfortunately it frequently goes wrong
The GoPro Hero 3 Black is my first GoPro product which I was drawn for its high resolution video capabilities and as I was getting into mountain biking I quite fancied trying to record some of the trails. The Gopro cameras have a great reputation for this sort of use and the professional reviews of the camera were extremely positive at the time of launch so I was pleased...
Published 10 months ago by Johnmcl7

‹ Previous | 111 12 1317 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bit of kit!, 4 Oct 2013
Terrible value for money, like the iPhone of action cam's, but awesome to use. Truly records stuff you just can't get any other way, river tubing, quad biking, skiing, Hobie cat sailing and sub-acqa - just excellent

Software update easy to do straight out the box (a must before you use it, so don't buy at the airport and expect to use it on holiday!!), a bit of practice needed before doing anything 'for keeps'.

Spend the money on mounts and tethers so you don't lose it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Read up carefully on the specs, 12 Sep 2013
Ive given this a low rating more for the lack of clear information about the products requirements. Essentially,BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT BUYING THIS PRODUCT AS YOUR COMPUTER MAY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE HIGH GRADE PLAY BACK .

When I say problems, I'm mainly trying to use it with a Mac that has 4GB ram, a good video card and a 2.4ghz dual core processor. The play back at anything above 1080 resolution is very poor to the point of being un-usable. (I may as well have bought the cheaper down graded 11mp version for 100 less....)
To try and get around this I've tried changing to a recommended 64gb memory card ( an additional 70) to make sure the write speed to card wasn't the problem. That hasn't helped. After doing more research I've found its the computer thats the problem.
I think this needs to be made much more clear on the gopro web site.

The manual ( which you have to down load!) says minimum recommended processor speed is 2.0ghz ( should be fine on my mac) however another page on the gopro site says 3- 3.7ghz ivybridge processors for the higher resolution.......

I would advise people to do thorough research before buying this product and not find out the hard way as i did.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera!, 2 Sep 2013
I got one of these as it seems to have many uses, and I mainly wanted to start off using it for bike/car rides and in the snow. Reading the reviews I was a little hesitant about getting this version, as there seemed to be a few people who had lots of problems with it. But after watching lots of Youtube reviews and videos I decided to go for it. I'm very glad I did as it's a fun little camera to use. I followed one reviewers instuctions of how to update the camera (which I did as soon as I got it), and I've never had any problems with it yet. I've had it just over a month and so far have used it underwater, on the car and on my bike - all with good results. The only negative thing I've found with the actual camera so far is the battery life isn't great - you only get a few hours use from it (using it on and off, occasionally with wifi) rather than a full day. But just buying a few extra batteries will solve that problem.

I've only tried it out for a month so am still to try it all out properly with different mounts, and put all the footage together to make a proper video. But from testing out all the features on the camera so far, it pretty much does everything you need. And using the wifi with the App (using Android) is a nice feature too - letting you see what you're filming, and now after the recent update can see pictures and footage back too.

The main downside is you do really need to get a lot of the accessories and mounts to go with it to get the full use out of the camera, which can be expensive. Luckily there are some cheaper Chinese versions of most of them available on Amazon and ebay. So I've now got a mix of quite a few of the cheaper and genuine mounts/accessories (tripod mount, suction cup, handlebar mount, chest harness, head strap, floaty back door and am waiting for the GoPole to arrive). The cheaper ones I got were ones I felt were overpriced or had poor reviews, saying they break easily like the handlebar mount. It's slightly tight fitting when attaching the camera, but otherwise seems perfect. If it does break I could get 4-5 more for the same price as the genuine one.

Overall I'd really recommend this camera. The video quality is great (though file sizes can be quite large), but I can't really find any major faults with it so far. It wouldn't replace a regular video camera (though I doubt most people buying it would be getting it for that). But it's small, light weight, and with the right mounts or accessories it can be attached to pretty much anything. And being in the plastic case (which seems very strong and durable) it can be used in any condition too (rain, snow, sand, underwater....) giving it hundreds of uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Video recording kit, 20 Aug 2013
Great piece of kit but what you are not told when you buy it is the pieces you need to go with it e.g. micro cable, spare batteries. The battery does not last long so if you are a constant user like me get several back ups plus charger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., 11 Aug 2013
Excellent small camera allowing you to video exciting moments. The size, weight and features are perfect. It does have a knack of changing the date however which means you have to find your videos once downloaded on computer. Date then needs resetting on camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Go-Pro very very good, App not so good., 6 Aug 2013
Well as I say, the actual camcorder is really good, records good images and sound to that matter. A really good product I would recommend it to a friend as it does what it say on the tin its just the app that annoys me. It sort of lets the camera down a bit. It is a good idea but the app often crashes and freezes and when you have pro tune on you can't see what the camera is recording which is the only thing I think is wrong, ah actually the stands and extras are a bit too expensive I think but over all a really good buy and don't let the app put you off, if you are thinking of buying one then please go and get it!!! Worth the money just the app that is a little bit of a let down but please, get one!

2.0 out of 5 stars Clip broke in first use, 31 July 2013
This review is from: GoPro Hero 3 Camcorder - White Edition (Electronics)
First ride, I was removing GoPro from my helmet and one of the "arms" of the clip broke. Later in the same afternoon the other arm also broke. Had to use the chest to save the ride. Far below expectations...

4.0 out of 5 stars Go pro, 29 July 2013
Brill camera, was a good gift idea and will be used for film making when I'm jumping off buildings. Great

5.0 out of 5 stars GoPro hero 3 black HD camera review, 21 July 2013
an amazing little piece of kit. very small and light, so easy to carry. Extremely high quality footage, rugged, easy to use especially with the gopro app. I made an under water movie while diving and found the quality and colours to be true to life, the moving image was smooth and detailed, and it goes deeper than I require underwater so does the job well. Next film will involve fixing it to my dogs back and seeing the world from a dogs point of view!

3.0 out of 5 stars Irritating and unpredictable., 18 July 2013
My first issue with this device was simply opening the sophisticated packaging: I needed to get Tech Support for that! Even when you are inside the packaging it is a challenge to open the equally-sophisticated waterproof housing.
The LCD which shows you what state the device is in is hard to see and interpret. Cycling through the various options is a very haphazard and take-your-pick process.
The cleverest aspect of the device was the Wi-Fi control from a mobile phone, which has proved reasonably reliable. But this is a device that requires patience and persistence if you are going to get satisfaction from it.

‹ Previous | 111 12 1317 | Next ›