VINE VOICEon 30 December 2012
I grabbed this book because the premise sounded intriguing. Kirsten's fiancé, Shawn, is a soldier currently posted in Afghanistan. When he's reported missing and presumed dead, Kirsten can't cope with it - she doesn't want to be without him. Therefore she turns to witchcraft to bring him back. Unfortunately, she can't recall him from the dead, but her powers and a certain spell can give them one last weekend together so she can say goodbye properly. The trouble is, this seems to make the problem even worse - now she's spent time in Shawn's arms again, she desperately doesn't want to let him go. Can she find a way to make his return permanent?

I enjoyed this novella - the writing style flows, I could empathise with the characters, and the emotion and sex scenes were great. There were a few niggly things that dampened my enjoyment a little, but that's just my personal opinion. I'd still recommend this for those that enjoy military erotic romances - especially those with a paranormal twist.