5.0 out of 5 stars Great car charger for iPhone 5
Got this to charge my iPhone 5 in the car as my previous belkin did not charge it when plugged. Works a treat and great price compared to else where. Would recommend.
Published 17 months ago by Sian

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk
Really didn't expect this from a Belkin product. The unit would not stay in the socket properly and would only connect if held in by hand. It may just be my car this applies to (2008 Skoda Octavia), but have had no problem with any other phone chargers in this vehicle. Buy with caution.
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Belkin 1 x 1Amp CLA Micro Car Charger for iPhone and Smartphones  - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car charger for iPhone 5, 17 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bit of Kit, 7 Aug 2013
Salwych (Stafford, England) - See all my reviews
Really useful - bought for iphone 4 so i can just take the original charging lead without faffing around! bought one for my husband to & he's really pleased with it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge iPhone5 or BB9900, 15 July 2013
This does not charge an iPhone 5 or a Blackberry Bold 9900
Both phones say it is not powerful enough to charge them.
So buy something else!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance., 8 Jan 2014
This review is for this unit used in conjunction with a PortaPow Specialised Fast Charge 250cm Micro USB Cable. I haven't used it with a normal USB cable so can't speak for its performance there.

This unit fits nicely into my Mk2 Ford Focus. It's a lot shorter than other charging adapters I've used, and I was initially worried it would be too short, however the size is perfect as it means it doesn't stick out too far and get in the way of things like my older chargers did.

I can confirm that, in conjunction with the fast charge cable mentioned above, it charges a Samsung Galaxy S3 at its normal current of 1 amp, and that it also charges a BlackBerry Bold 9780 at its normal charging rate.

I'm therefore very happy with it.

I will, in due course, try it with my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1", and also with a TomTom sat nav unit, and also with a normal USB data cable and report back on my findings in case the info is of use to anyone.

UPDATE 10 NOV 2014 - After testing I can report that the unit works as expected in the above mentioned scenarios.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Charger, 18 Nov 2013
Liked the helpful reviews ref vehicles and products it has worked with, so decided to give it a try, even though bit more expensive than other chargers. Fits in my Saab 93 and works on iPhone 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really low profile and works perfectly, 25 Jun 2014
Bought this for my other halfs car so she can charge her iPhone 5C and it's been working perfectly for 6 months now. It's well constructed and very low profile - it really doesn't stick out of the power outlet much at all in her Polo.

Would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Mobile is now my GPS, 11 July 2014
P (Camberley, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought to charge my Sony Z1 and with the magnetic charger, delighted as when screen is fully on (bright) it now still charges instead of draining the battery, so my Z1 is now my GPS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fast car charger, 6 Oct 2014
Been using this for over a year, probably about half the time I'm in the car, however it has remained plugged in to the lighter.
Being 2.1 amp means it charges capable products very quickly (newer smartphones) but I haven't tested anything else on it.

Very happy, LED is discreet not to be a distraction and quality and size are ideal for my uses.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 4 Dec 2014
Useless. Plugged into car no problem and light comes on.

Connected up both ipad mini/ipod touch and Samsung S5 separately. Not one of them charge. Cables were ok as they were taken from existing chargers which are used everyday.

Save yourself some money and buy another one. Disappointing from a usually good Belkin.