Format: DVD|Change

on 8 January 2014
I bought this boxset as a Christmas present for my boyfriend . We had seen a few episodes on TV before but it doesn't seem to be on very often so it's great to have all the episodes at our fingertips! We have now almost finished the first series and are loving it. Karl is so hilarious to watch and we love being able to see all the amazing sights from around the world and learn new things! There's not a lot of TV programmes that the both of us enjoy equally so this is a really good find for us! Thanks!
on 16 December 2013
Karl Pilkington is such a loveable idiot. He is unknowingly hilarious throughout the three series. At times he naivety will make you gasp in horror and simultaneously burst out laughing as he says something idiotic and offensive about someone's culture, which does make me question how he hasn't been punched yet! He is thoroughly underwhelmed by the wonders of the world, yet incredibly enthusiastic about a radio with headlights. I would recommend to anyone with a sense of humour.
on 20 June 2013
Hilarious series', even though I had seen it many times, still as funny watching it again! If you're a Gervais fan, this is for you!
on 12 March 2014
laugh out loud and titter to yourself all day long, Ricky and Steve must be p---ing themselves just thinking of the challenges. well done original unmissable viewing
on 4 December 2013
Really good value for money. Laughs all the way. Third video not as good as other two but overall great
on 15 November 2014
Excellent boxset. Karl is such a funny man.

One thing I would suggest is if you already have the DVD's don't bother buying this item. The only new thing is the box to put them in. No new artwork has been used on the dvd's. What would be best is to try and find the cover box alone and put your DVD's inside.

But if your like me and held out for the boxset instead of buying the DVD's alone. Get this boxset.
on 31 March 2016
I heard about Karl by watching The Ricky Gervais show. I always got incredibly irritated at Ricky and Stephen for, what appeared to be, bullying Karl. Or, when Karl said something that was perfectly normal and/or intelligent they laughed at him as if every single thing Karl said was expected to be stupid. I do think a lot of what Karl got was uncalled for and if it was staged then it just sets a bad example. Series 1 and 2 of this were great and the special features were fantastic. Series 3 with Warrick left me feeling not as sorry for Karl as I was before. He seemed to bully Warrick. He was condescending, ignorant and discriminatory, and Warrick took it like a complete gentleman.
Overall the show was very funny. I needed a laugh. I knew Karl never failed to make me laugh in the past and I recently went through a tough time and I needed a distraction and to have a few belly laughs. This DVD set did not disappoint, but if you like Karl now, series 3 might test that a lot. Series 3 has 3 episodes whereas series 1 and 2 have significantly more.
on 13 January 2014
Well appreciated gift for a fan. He watched the whole lot over the Christmas period. Glad he put it on his wish list.
on 5 October 2013
Totally the best!
This series is at its side splitting funny, inane and moronic and totally stupid. BUT with a massive educational aspect to it. It makes the idea of travel to the Travel Snobs as "Ive been there and done it" onto a completely different planet, literally Karl travels really make you see and feel the less sophisticated side of travel and to me far more authentic! How he has been set up is mind blowing gormless and still at times ungraciously sticks to his mission well nearly all the time!!!It could be the other side of an Attenborough or Palin documentary. Poor old Karl doesnt always see the positive side of his friend set up antics but one is totally drawn in. Keep them coming! I still want to know how he comes up with some items like his jungle portable loo??
I purchased two sets of dvd but found in both the 1st series dvd had problems adjusting onto my television but worked on my lap top. A present for anyone who needs a pick me up. Thank you
on 5 July 2015
Series 1 and 2 are highly amusing, mixed outrage, humiliation and general pessimism that would amaze Schopenhauer. Pilkington gets to be put in situations and constantly reminded that 'this is't a holiday'. He is pushed to places outside his comfort zone, in countries worldwide. He has his buttons pressed by a couple of anxiety inducing monkey ticklers, Gervais and Merchant.

Then series 3 and he is uncouth, beligerent and even offensive to someone he has to tag along with, whom he seems to find fault with in everything that he does. Warwick, his nemesis almost, is simply a more pleasant person with personality. The antagonism is so blatant i imagined we only saw the tip of an iceberg. Send him off on his own, as in the Moaning of Life and he comes alive. Series 3 revealed just how he shouldn't mix or 'play well with others'. Very funny, but with a lot of moments of simple, ill-informed prejudice seeping in.