4.0 out of 5 stars A very good product which is better than the standard design
This is a very good mirror, in the sense that it's strong yet bendable. You don't have to insert it into the end of your handlebars like so many others (not all of us have ends that can be inserted into - I use the GP3 palm grips by Ergon & the stubby bar ends mean that the grips aren't hollow).

The tiltable mirror section is very sensible, working well in use,...
Published 11 months ago by Nothern Climes

1.0 out of 5 stars if it had a proper mirror it would be good.
Published 2 months ago by John

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good product which is better than the standard design, 11 Oct 2013
Nothern Climes (Yorkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bike Screw-on Side Back Mirror handlebar Mount (Convex) (Misc.)

The tiltable mirror section is very sensible, working well in use, so that you don't need to adjust the whole angle of the arm, just press the side of the mirror & it moves within its circular casing.

Interestingly, it comes supplied with a hexy tool & 2 spare screws but not 2 spare nuts (& these, not being glued in might become as necessary as the screws, so this aspect doesn't make sense).

No shims are supplied but for my narrower tubes I just used a bit of spare inner tube (excellent cheap rubber home-made shim to aid grip) as my tubes are rather narrow, but once I did this it grips well.

I personally found I needed about 4 hands to fit the thing though (although once it was on it's been great). This is because the 2 halves (the half with the arm/mirror section & the other half which goes on the opposite side of the handlebar) have to be totally separated before they can be done up. Trying to get the nut to stay in the hole & then put the screw in (without dislodging the nut), whilst holding it in place on the bike was very tricky indeed.

What made it worse was the lack of length of what I'm calling the guide posts - 2 little "arms" on one half of the connection which align it with its other half. It's not until they're almost touching that they're of benefit.

The length of the arm is fixed but you can change the angle quite considerably. Also, TG are a good company to deal with & I found them polite & responsive.

All-in-all I'd definitely recommend them & this wing/rear-view mirror. It would've got 5 stars if shims were supplied, there were 2 spare nuts in addition to the screws, the nuts were glued in place & the guide posts were longer. Although to be fair, if the nuts were glued, then having longer "guide posts" would probably be redundant.

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mirror, 23 May 2014
This is the second mirror i have bought this one for my Husband we have electric bikes and the controls take up room on the handle bars so a long handled mirror is a must Hubby fixed it on bike with out too much bother. I think its a shame that the mirror part is not a bit bigger i find it a bit difficult to see into the distance, but very good when doing a right hand turn in busy traffic when close up, it is also very good how you can bend the mirror to where you want it and it also stays put over rough ground, if you bear in mind about the distance problem and are okay with that then the fact that this is my second purchase speaks for its self. Yes i would recommend this mirror, thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - just bought a second., 24 April 2014
Just taken up cycling in my retirement and found looking over my shoulder difficult. In principle this does the job but not as effectively as I had hoped. Pros: Fits to handlebars easily. Seems well made. Cons: Convex mirror makes vehicles look too far away whereas in reality by the time they heave into view they are almost on top of you. The flexible stem slowly moves out of the position it's in after a few miles. Being flexible it always wobbles slightly even on dead flat roads making it difficult to see images clearly.

Addition - Having used for a mon now,have got used to it and I am much more impressed and just bought a second as a spare in case I need another and they are unavailable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bike mirror I have ever had., 29 Oct 2013
I have tried other types of bike mirrors and this is by far the best. Like a lot of people I wear spectacles and find that turning round does not give me a clear view and I am also not looking where I am going. This mirror gives a clear wide angle view behind and does not require me to take my eyes off the road ahead. I fitted it in about 3 minutes and it would be easy to swap for use on continental Europe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and practical, 6 Sep 2013
J. P. Jacob (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Before I purchased this one, I bought an another model which sounded German. The mirror area of that one was too small and I couldn't attach it to the handle bar. So I threw it away and bought this one. What a difference!! The build quality is very good, easy to attach and the mirror size is perfect and can be easily adjusted.It looks really good on the bike too.
I would honestly recommend this mirror.

1.0 out of 5 stars if it had a proper mirror it would be good., 8 July 2014
Objects are too small in the convex mirror to be seen clearly, so not really much use. Cars can be clearly seen in the mirror only when they are on top of you. For looking out for your partner behind, even with bright orange clothing, I could not see them properly more than 3mts behind me. I used it for one trip and now getting rid of it. Well built; if it had a proper mirror it would be good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike Screw-on Side Back Mirror handlebar Mount (Convex), 24 April 2014
Wildchild (Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Arrived quickly and safely. Very sturdy and well made bike mirror. I have been looking for a long stemmed bike mirror that fixes onto the handle bar of my bike rather than have to damage my handlebar grips fixing a bar end mirror. The mirror has not disappointed me. It does bend to any angle you want it to. My only tiny niggle with it is it isn't the clearest of mirrors. I think this is probably because it's a convex mirror. But, having said that, it does the job. So long as I can see if anything is approaching me from behind then that's all I need. I would definitely recommend it and I would definitely purchase one again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Safety mirror, 13 Nov 2013
I bought this mirror for two reasons (i) I thought I would be safer if I could see what was behind me and not just rely on hearing and (ii) it could be attached to the handlebars rather than be inserted into the end of the handlebars where I would have to cut the rubber grips. The mirror achieves all the above. Some minor fiddling to attach the mirror in the right place. The image of vehicles behind is very small until they are very close, I would have liked a larger image.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent safety product, 13 May 2014
Does the job perfectly - am going to order another for my wife's bike. Would recommend it to other cyclists.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tip - Bend the Stem to Fit, 12 Jan 2014
M. Harper "organic333" (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
This seems to be a well-made product. This review might help you to fit it properly. At first I could not see how to fit this to my handlebars and get a good view, because when it arrived the mirror was in line with the bracket and not at right-angles to it as shown in the photo, and I could not work out how to adjust it.

In the end I realised that the stem, stiff though it is, not only bends but also twists. You can bend it - and also twist it - to any angle you like! There is no need to unscrew the little flush black cross-head screws at each end of the stem (which I did - to no benefit, nothing can be adjusted).

So, just use the supplied tool to unscrew/screw in the long silver bolts and attach to handlebars, then carefully bend/twist the stem - it really will go where you want it to, and stay there.

I have knocked off one star for lack of instructions, but I like the product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›