5.0 out of 5 stars Such a small speaker with exceptionaly clear sound..
The KitSound Surround Sound Speaker Stand for Tablet/Smartphone etc. is for me a perfect buy mainly because it is such a small and neat stand which is so easy to store especially when travelling. It is charged using your USB connection through your computer and shows a red light while doing so.
It has been used for my Samsung Galaxy S plus my Kindle Fire HD and...
Published on 14 Jan. 2013 by Petra "I love to read"

3.0 out of 5 stars Reviews suggest better
Published 15 months ago by G. J. Brimson

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a small speaker with exceptionaly clear sound.., 14 Jan. 2013
Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: KitSound Universal Surround Sound Speaker Stand with 3.5mm Jack Compatible with Smartphones, Tablets and MP3 Devices - Black (Personal Computers)
It has been used for my Samsung Galaxy S plus my Kindle Fire HD and provided me with a good clear audible experience which I would happily compare to much more expensive speakers as the sound provided was clear and could easily be controlled using your device.
There are no instructions included, personally I do not believe they were not needed as within the clear plastic box there are two cables included and each of them are simple to work out what they are provided for. The one with the USB end has another one which fits neatly into the bottom of the speaker which is used to recharge the Kitsound Surround Sound Speaker, also where there is another small hole this where the 3.5mm jack lead fits neatly which fits neatly into your many devices which are provided with this fitting which provides the music to the speaker. With this speaker being rechargeable was a plus for me as I can use the speaker etc. in any surroundings without needing any other power supply. I do believe this will be very useful when on holiday or at the beach as a full charge does give at least 6-8 hours playing time.
Why I do love this Surround Speaker it is also got two small wings which provide a stand which also supports the devices at a straight angle I have used without blocking any of my vision especially when I was using my Kindle Fire HD while watching Lovefilm plus BBCI player. You can also fix the stand that it holds the device at a slight angle.
The stand also has two small round knobs, each one postitioned on each of the grips which holds your tablet etc. upright. These knobs can be turned clockwise to loosen and anti-clockwise to tighten the hold of the device which you are using at the time. I found this particularly useful as the device will not fall out of the stand if you accidently knock it, along with the two folding stands at the back of the speaker your device is held safely but yet it is held at the perfect angle for your own use which heightens your enjoyment when using this extremely excellent speaker stand.
I am very happy to highly recommend the KitSound Surround Sound Speaker to anyone who wants a portable speaker for any device you have where you would like a stronger audible sound to your music etc and I am happy to report the level of music is excellent and even now having used the speaker for three months and this is daily use the speaker stand has proven to be worth purchasing not only for its excellent quality of audible power but it is so easy to carry especially when we are thinking of space in our luggage coming up to holiday time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reviews suggest better, 28 Jan. 2014
G. J. Brimson - See all my reviews
I had this item on my wish list for a short while, toyed with ordering it payday. Luckily i didn't as a local well known supermarket had it at less than a tenner!! How lucky was i? Okay well now the review part. If i had bought it for near £30 i would have been disappointed. It's a smaller unit than i expected for a start and i did wonder if i'd bought the same item until i got it home. Soundwise it is acceptable at lower volumes but max it out and it sounds as if it's strangled. The music, in this instance, sounded as if it was struggling to get out. Not played anything else through it but primarily it is for music. Without the SRS switched on it's almost mono as the speakers are relatively close together. Guess i'll just have to keep the volume down. Good buy for a tenner.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent accessory to your Kindle Fire, 13 Mar. 2013
Terry D "tdawson735" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
My Kindle Fire HD fits neatly into the two slots and the padded securing screws hold it firmly in place. Considering the small size of the device the quality of wrap around sound, even at high volume levels, is excellent - particularly when it's using the SRS setting. Volume is controlled, of course, from the Kindle screen or the volume control button on the side of the device.

A lead connects the Speaker Stand, very efficiently, to the Kindle whilst a second lead enables the unit to be charged from the USB port on my laptop. A tiny light shows when the unit is connected. I haven't, however, come across any way of telling the charging level of the internal battery.

The unit is ideal for listening to music downloaded to the Kindle or Amazon Cloud - and you can also, by letting the Kindle read to you, listen to downloaded books!

Is there a criticism? Yes, but very minor...

For obvious reasons my Kindle lives in a Amazon Kindle Fire HD Standing Leather Cover which, when the Kindle is installed in the Speaker Stand, results in a combination that's slightly top-heavy. But you can easily avoid that issue by simply laying the Kindle on a table and plugging it into the Speaker Stand...

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound, 22 Sept. 2013
S. Romero (UK) - See all my reviews
Delighted with the product. Great sound, looks good, holds my galaxy tab 2 in a good viewing position and simple to use. No complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sound, 7 Jan. 2013
We like it. Simply perfect. The sound it'a fantastic, the battery life it's like 4 hours. You can select surround sound. My iPad 2, and my ipad 4 fit perfectly and the y stand very well

5.0 out of 5 stars great little speaker set, 20 Dec. 2012
A great set of speakers for the money. The sound quality is good and it fits my kindle fire.

I bought them for someone else as a Christmas present and will be getting a set for myself now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Jun. 2014
The best bit of kit I have bought in a long time. Some films are a bit quiet for my husband when watching on my tablet but this speaker brings the whole film to life. No more aching hands and aching neck watching on a tablet.Pure joy and so perfect in size will fit in a handbag. Highly recommend you won't be disappointed with the sound and quality of this little speaker. As you connect it to your tablet and have the volume on full or tablet informs you that having it louder can impair your hearing, press ok and suddenly the bar goes to half way and you have much more volume. You don't have to have the tablet on the stand as the connecting wire has enough scope to allow you to place the speaker nearer to my husband as he needs it more than me!!

2.0 out of 5 stars That horrible light, 6 Dec. 2013
The sound is loud and clear but the background noise is quite disturbing, even worse when using the so-called surround sound mode. The worst bit of this speaker is the LED indicator situated right in the middle of the speaker grill, just above the KS label. It's bright blue when the speaker is operational. Just imagine you have mounted your tablet on top of the speaker, and it's showing a movie. The blue LED is so bright that it makes so hard to concentrate on the movie itself. I had to put a piece of black electrical tape over that LED to make this speaker/tablet stand usable.

5.0 out of 5 stars small but what a sound, 23 Sept. 2013
Not sure after reading some of the reviews buti brought it anyway. When I got it it was well made and compact but once plugged in I was really impressed with the difference in sound, great and just what I need. I intend to use it in my travels so it is ideal as it does not take up alot of room but the sound is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sound, 23 Jun. 2013
I have used this now for a month or more now and I am very happy with it, it has surprised me the depth of sound from such small speakers, if this can be done on this speaker stand why cannot makers make good quality speakers for tablets and smartphones without them sounding awful. Excellent value for money